Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
betty cherry

Betty's Accutane Log with Photos

hey BC

just seeing how you are doing ? i'm ok - think overall alittle clearer but don't want to get my hopes up!! i have family visitng in 2 weeks and i'd really like to look good - not asking for a miracle but smooth skin would be nice.

anyway, interesting to hear about your cousins - brings great hope. I think the thing with accutane for many people is that it's no quick fix you have to be in it for the long haul but 6-12months down the line after starting it good and continues to be good.

by the way i've reached triple figures, bout day 101!!!! i can't believe it.

hope to hear from you soon

Kaz

DAY 98

Well, I have just got back from Paris and it sure was an amazing trip. My boyfriend and I went up the Eiffel tower on our last night and when we got up there, he looked a bit shifty. Then before I knew what was happening, he was down on one knee with a ring in his hands. OH MY GOD! Yes, guys and gals, he asked me to marry him and I said YES!!!!!!

I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy I could explode.

I don't even care about my skin, but it is looking ok right now :)

Just as long as I am totally flawless for my wedding day!!!!

BettyCherry xxx

congratulations, im very happy for you, its nice to see that not everything is about acne. and that is soooooooo romantic. you must be chuffed to bits

hey betty cherry, i just found your log and read through most of it, so it was cool to see that in your last post you announced your engagement! congratulations!

it sounds like your skin is doing just fine, too. i'm glad accutane is working for you. :)

i'm glad i found your log. i'll be back to see how you are doing from time to time.

take care,

erin

hey betty cherry, i just found your log and read through most of it, so it was cool to see that in your last post you announced your engagement! congratulations!

it sounds like your skin is doing just fine, too. i'm glad accutane is working for you. :)

i'm glad i found your log. i'll be back to see how you are doing from time to time.

take care,

erin

How Wonderful!!!! That is absolutley amazing!!! And Romantic!!!!!! You'll have BEAUTIFUL skin on your wedding day!!!! :dance:

DAY 99

Ooooooh, so close to triple figures! So, the last few days have been totally crazy, calling everyone I know to tell them the good news. The great thing is that I have had less time to think about (ie. worry about) my skin, and in that time, it has been slowly getting on with the healing process. Right now, the red marks are pretty much the only problem on my face. The only "problem area" as I see it is my forehead. There are no real zits there, it's just not cleared up like the rest of my face. The pores are still quite enlarged and there are definitely some blocked pores still there. My back and shoulders still have a few zits, and a few blackheads.

My skin is super super dry at the moment, as are my lips, mainly because our boiler is broken and we have no heating, so the cold has REALLY got to me. It is totally freezing in here. I am wearing a tshirt, jumper and coat and my woolly boots, and I am still cold and the end of my nose and my hands are frozen!

Going to look at dresses with my mum on saturday :dance:

BC xxx

good luck with the dress hunt, i recently went to get a bridesmaid dress (my sister is getting married in december), so i too am praying for clear skin. although all focus is on the bride, its on the bridesmaid when they arrive so i dont want gross skin. if my skin clears i cant wait for the day cos my daughter is bridemaid with me and she has the sweetest dress you have ever seen, she is 3 by the way.

maybe all the wedding plans will totally take your mind off your skin and you be flawless before u know it

kj1982 - Oh I really really hope you have nice skin for the wedding, just so that you feel fantastic and not self conscious. I am quite scared about having all eyes on me and I am just praying that I am really clear on the big day. I'm not going to let acne ruin any more of my life! What kind of bridesmaid dress will you and your daughter be wearing?! I bet you will look so cute dressed up together!!

Laurel (Silapp) - Thanks so much! I am soooo excited about the whole thing and could not be happier if I tried :D Are you stilll 100% clear???

Erin - Glad you enjoyed my log and that you got to share in my good news! I hope you are doing well with your course and that you're getting clear :D

Shunts - Thanks for the thought (the magicking away) - you have no idea how much I wish that were possible. i would magic away everyone's acne on here - imagine that!!

Kaz - How are ya sweet cheeks? Did it go ok with your family and everything? Hope things are going good for you.

DAY 100!!!!!

Wow, I am finally in triple figures! Skin is looking pretty good. Only got one active, the red marks aren't as angry looking as before and my skin is pretty smooth, but very dry. Let's hope my camera is back soon so I can show you.

BettyCherry xxx

hi bettycherry.

ive got like a corset on top with a satin drop to the floor in wine, its really nie. my daughters dress is like a princess dress, its beautiful, all like netted with like little sparkles through it at the bottom and wide if you know what i mean, its very hard to explain a dress, lol but hers is gold to match the bride.it going to cost my sis a small fortune to get married and i pay to god that i dont have spotty skin. i could maybe get through the day but its the photos that are there forever. bridesmaids get close ups after all, there no blending into the background. im really scared, i want clear skin and im beginning to panic and thinks im not going to get it.

let us know how the dress hunt goes

kimxx

Hey betty! I am so happy for you! How exciting and romantic. How old are you again? You will be so beautiful on your wedding day, I know it! :D

Kim - Ooooh that sounds beautiful! I hope it is a lovely day. I am already looking at dresses on the internet!

AmberLynn - I am about to turn 25 this weekend! So my birthday party is now also an engament party :D

I got my camera back! here are new photos. I am wearing some make up here, but it seems to have worn off a fair bit! You can clearly see the red marks, but there are no actual zits any more...

and when you compare them to a few months ago, you can see how far i have come.

post-33150-1143048419_thumb.jpg

post-33150-1143048434_thumb.jpg

post-33150-1143048569_thumb.jpg

post-33150-1143048584_thumb.jpg

WOW you are looking much better :dance::dance::dance:

so do you get dry skin, mine is really bad at the moment, what moisturiser are you using??

my sister choose the first dress she tried, she still looked at others but the shop only had that one dress and they could not order one so once it was gone that was it so she snapped it up before it was to late. good thing is it was £700 and all the others she liked were like £1500 -£2000 so she has her dream dress and a bargin price tag

keep fighting you doing great

kimxx

hey betty

wow ! that's brill news about your engagement - how sweet ? and i bet things like that really put acne into prospective and how it's not the be all and end all.

your photos are very impressive - my skin is looking very similar to your - i have a few active ones around my chin but mainly lots of red marks ! God i hope this is it for us.

Had my derm appt today - he seems pretty optimistic and thinks 3 more months on 50mg and that will hopefully be me well and truely. Am going to go back onto dianette too i think as that really did maintain my skin for years.

Good-luck with the dress shopping - you'll look fab

Kaz

Kaz - yeah I sure hope you are right and this is the end of the acne road for us. I am so over it! It's great that your derm is pleased with your progress. Mine was totally unimpressed last time I saw her! I am going to have been on this stuff for almost 7 months by the time I finish, which seems amazing, but true. Can't wait to feel like a normal human being again! I am currently on Dianette and will try to stay on it, but because my blood pressure is a bit high, they might not let me :( But that might be due to the tane, so we will see what happens when i come off it.

Kim - I hope I have the same luck as your sister with my dress! And remember, even if you still have a few zits, everyone is always most critical of themselves and I bet most people wouldn't even notice. I can't believe the number of people that said to me "You don't have acne! I never noticed" etc when I told them I was on tane, yet my derm describes my acne as "severe". You are going to look incredible on the day, and I tell you what, a big smile is the best thing for making you look beautiful and I know you will be wearing one of those! :D

xxx

Hi betty cherry! I kind of came here to say hello and WOW, you've improved so much with your skin!!

And gongratulations for your engagement too! :) SO romantic.

It's my day two on Accutane, sure there's no difference on my skin, but I'll be waiting for the improvement.

Hi Betty, loving those pics. Must be fantastic for you to see how far you’ve come. Congratulations by the way! Anyway, just a quick one to say hello!

Wow, how great are things for you! Skin is really clearing, engaged in Paris. Congrats! Just wanted to swing by your log and tell you that!

Laurel - Thanks gorgeous! Soon I will be 100% clear like you :D

Mikaela - After 2 days, I'd be impressed if you were seeing results! Hehe. Keep me informed on how you're getting on and I wish you all the luck in the world :)

Shunts - cheers big ears! It is nice to compare and see that you have actually improved since the breakout at least, though I am still not certain that I look better than before I started. That will come though!

Trenem - you're right, things are really on the up! Maybe it's karma - years and years of crappy skin = extreme happiness in love!

DAY 102?

Here's some new pics of my skin with no makeup whatsoever. I have one active zit just next to my ear, but am clear apart from that. As you can see, the red marks are pretty bad on my super-pale skin. I think I also have some scarring and pitting, which is really frustrating. I am just hoping that this improves with time. I am a really slow healer, so I am not expecting quick results.

I got a zit on my forehead yesterday, which has already gone, but my forehead isn't too great. I have a fringe - or "bangs" if you are from the US - and I am worried that having a fringe on my forehead all day and night is slowing the progress there. It does sometimes feel a little bit oily.

Got some fantastic makeup from my sister for my birthday. I asked her to buy it me haha. It's Clarins 2 in 1 express compact foundation. Clarins claim all their foundations are non comedogenic and I checked the ingredients as much as I could and they seemed good. It has great coverage and the colour and texture are soooo natural I don't feel self conscious about my make up at all. I'd definitely recommend it for the ladies and I have tried a LOT of foundations. I currently have 4 that are so new I have used them less than 10 times each. I got to stop buying make up...

Anyway, the pics!!!

post-33150-1143202332_thumb.jpg

post-33150-1143202363_thumb.jpg

Laurel - Thanks gorgeous! Soon I will be 100% clear like you :D

Mikaela - After 2 days, I'd be impressed if you were seeing results! Hehe. Keep me informed on how you're getting on and I wish you all the luck in the world :)

Shunts - cheers big ears! It is nice to compare and see that you have actually improved since the breakout at least, though I am still not certain that I look better than before I started. That will come though!

Trenem - you're right, things are really on the up! Maybe it's karma - years and years of crappy skin = extreme happiness in love!

DAY 102?

Here's some new pics of my skin with no makeup whatsoever. I have one active zit just next to my ear, but am clear apart from that. As you can see, the red marks are pretty bad on my super-pale skin. I think I also have some scarring and pitting, which is really frustrating. I am just hoping that this improves with time. I am a really slow healer, so I am not expecting quick results.

I got a zit on my forehead yesterday, which has already gone, but my forehead isn't too great. I have a fringe - or "bangs" if you are from the US - and I am worried that having a fringe on my forehead all day and night is slowing the progress there. It does sometimes feel a little bit oily.

Got some fantastic makeup from my sister for my birthday. I asked her to buy it me haha. It's Clarins 2 in 1 express compact foundation. Clarins claim all their foundations are non comedogenic and I checked the ingredients as much as I could and they seemed good. It has great coverage and the colour and texture are soooo natural I don't feel self conscious about my make up at all. I'd definitely recommend it for the ladies and I have tried a LOT of foundations. I currently have 4 that are so new I have used them less than 10 times each. I got to stop buying make up...

Anyway, the pics!!!

Aww your skin looks so much nicer! Plus, you hjave a super pretty face and beautiful eyes. I hope this is your cure. I'm sure it is. You look like you have a nice texture to your skin. :)

Laurel - Yes, they are plugs! One is a bit bigger than the other. I love my plugs :D

Dollyapples - hey there! Not seen you around here before. Are you new? Thanks so much for the lovely comments. Makes me feel heaps better about myself. Everyone needs a little ego boost every now and then! Hehe. Are you also on tane? Do you have a log I can look at too?

Going to look at wedding dresses today with my mum. Plus, it's my birthday! Happy birthday me :dance:

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear bettycherry, happy birthday to you :dance::dance:

hope you found a nice dress

Awwww, Kim you rule! My fiance actually woke me up singing happy birthday to me on Saturday haha. He bought me a black 50s style pinny with hot-rod 50s ladies riding motorbikes on it. It was very cool and a little ironic as we are getting married :) I tried oon a couple of amazing dresses and some real duds, but I have a good idea of what suits me now, so nxt time I can be more selective!

DAY 106

I guess this is the "slow but steady" part of the treatment, where you don't get any more zits and you just have to sit back and wait for the army of red marks to disappear. It's pretty frustrating waiting, I'll tell ya! Had something gross but interesting happen (hey, I'm not gonna start holding back now!). I have had a solid whitehead for about a year and a half on my cheek, just under my eye. It has never changed or come to a head or anything and it's just always been there. Well, on Sunday it had come to a VERY slight head, so I went for it and squeezed it. You would not believe the amount of white stuff that came out of it. It was really solid stuff, not like pus at all, but it took about 8 goes to get it all out and there was actually a bit of a crater left behind where it was. I know it's going to scar, but it wasn't just going to go away on its own, it was way too old for that.

I have been getting a bit lazy and forgetful with taking my tablets and moisturising and putting on my lipbalm and stuff recently, and I don't know why. I guess because I am not seeing any real change any more, so I forget about it. My lips are cracked because of it though. I really want to start doing some exercise and get a bit toned so that I look fantastic in a wedding dress, but because I already suffered from back ache and painful knees and ankles, tane has turned me into a complete ball of aches and pains and doing any sport is just way too painful. I can't wait to be off it and feel better.

BettyCherry xxx

hi, aww bless you have a good man there. im sure you will find the perfect dress soon. have you set a date for the wedding.

i had one of them white head below my eye and it had been there for as long as i can remember. i popped it to and it was hard white, gross, no scar tho so im lucky.

sounds like you are doing better, juts sit back and let those red marks made, bet within 2-3 months you will hardly notice them.

i hear you on the toning thing. ive lost a load of weight lately, im now a size 8 which i never thought possible but you still want to get rid of those flabby extras, ha ha.

after tane im going to get down the gym and on the sunbeds ready for the wedding, im shocking white, lol

be happy :D:D