Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave sHrew

Best UK products to use

Hi guys :)

I've had acne problems for about 7 years and have used most of the avaliable treatments (accutane included). I'm amazed that I have only just stumbled accross this site! Would any of you be kind enough to give your opinions on what UK products are best to use with the clear skin regime for a bloke? Thanks loads. (and apologies if this question has been asked 1000 times before on this forum) :D:D

Well I'll try and start you off.

You can get Pears soap no problem in the UK. I and many others I'm sure use that.

For a BP gel, well I've only tried two. PanOxyl Aquagel 2.5% was too harsh for me. That's available in the UK - it may only be perscription though. I'm not sure but personally I got it via perscription.

Then I used Dan's BP gel. No going back for me. Does the trick with much less irritation.

Cheers aph,

I've gone for the Neutrogena clear pore wash,

Oxy on the spot (2.5bp)

and Nivea lotion for the moisturiser.

4 days in.... my face burns and goes red slightly after application but from reading this website this is normal. Seeing slight signs of improving already. :D

Cheers aph,

I've gone for the Neutrogena clear pore wash,

Oxy on the spot (2.5bp)

and Nivea lotion for the moisturiser.

4 days in.... my face burns and goes red slightly after application but from reading this website this is normal. Seeing slight signs of improving already. :D

Hi,

If your doing the regimen, then i reccomend a really basic cleanser like pears soap which is brill. I would'nt use neutrogena face wash with bp as it has salicyic(sp) acid it in, which does'nt mix well with bp, and will cause you more irritation.

You can also get panoxl aqua gel or quinoderm from any pharmacy but you have to ask for it, i personally reccomend dans bp by far the best.

I would also check that the nivea lotion your using is oil free and non-cogmodemic.

Hope this helps and good luck with your regimen :D

I'm currently using the PanOxyl 2.5% BP and on day 7 of the regimen. My skin is very dry but I'm hoping this will subside in the next week. Is anyone else using the PanOxyl BP and what have their experiences been with it?

And it is available without prescription, I got mine from Boots and it cost less than £3!

My skin is less irritated and dry with PanOxyl 5% than their 2.5%..strange i know.

Don't worry the dryness should go off and remember to moisturise well.:)

My skin is less irritated and dry with PanOxyl 5% than their 2.5%..strange i know.

Don't worry the dryness should go off and remember to moisturise well.:)

Thanks Mymelody! I just changed my moisturiser today coz I didn't think the other was workign too well, now I'm using Nivea Visage light daily moisture cream.

How long have you been on the regimen and has PanOxyl worked for you in getting clear? My acne is only very mild so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :razz:

Well, I'm about 2 weeks in and I've seen a significant improvement :D skin is dry but I don't care. I find that the moisturiser makes my skin very oily looking so I have altered my regime slightly.....

I shower and shave in the evening and slap on the BP and moisturiser in large amounts before I go to bed. Then I have a shower in the morning and only apply a small amount of BP and moisturiser before I have to go and face the world. Seems to be having the desired effect anyway.

Using Pears soap now (like I said in another thread it kills if I get it in my eyes!)

Oxy On the spot

and Nivea moisturiser.

:dance:

Janiet,

I am starting the bp regimen again so I can't give an answer now.Previously, the stuff I was using were too harsh and I was also lazy with moisturising.

Will update my progress in a couple of days.:)

Does anyone else use Witch face wash? I can't use soap on my face so anything like Pears is out and the two times I've tried Neutrogena face washes they brought me out in a horrific rash (though oddly Neutrogena is the only moisturiser I've found that works for me). I've been using Witch for a few months now with no adverse reactions.

Yeah, if you're on the internet, there's no reason why you need to find an alternative product really. Just order it from the US. Normally, even after p&p etc you still get more mls per pound than you do here so its worth it.

I know what you mean about finding this site. I've had acne for years and just put up with it. Only in the last year did I do a search about it and found this site. Well worth it, because my skins now more clear than its ever been. Currently using dans bp gel, cetaphil cleanser and eucerin moisturizer. Looking to replace the eucerin though because I find it too creamy.

Whats pears soap btw? Done a search on p2u and boots and can't find it.

I found it in sainsburys. It's in light coloured packaging and looks like it belongs in Victorian times :lol2:

IPB Image

Hope this helps.

:dance::dance:

Has anyone got any tips on a good cleanser that dosn't contain s.acid and dosen't dry out skin, cause I've heard Pears has done that for some people? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'm currently using the PanOxyl 2.5% BP and on day 7 of the regimen. My skin is very dry but I'm hoping this will subside in the next week. Is anyone else using the PanOxyl BP and what have their experiences been with it?

And it is available without prescription, I got mine from Boots and it cost less than £3!

my skin turned red and painful and try scine the 2nd day, I stoped BP and after I healed ,I 'll start again with less amount of BP,and problely once a day(at nite),with the Eucerin face cream with 5% urea 10pound/50ml, hope it works

my skin turned red and painful and try scine the 2nd day, I stoped BP and after I healed ,I 'll start again with less amount of BP,and problely once a day(at nite),with the Eucerin face cream with 5% urea 10pound/50ml, hope it works

Mine was quite red and painful too for the first few days of the regimen, but don't worry it will go down, just be careful not to use too much bp too quickly! And the Eucerin face cream with 5% urea is very good! :)

Guest funkychicken

I found it in sainsburys. It's in light coloured packaging and looks like it belongs in Victorian times :lol2:

IPB Image

Hope this helps.

:dance::dance:

ive never seen green pears before!

I've found the Dead Sea Spa Magik Exfoliator and Cleansing wash very good recently. Also, Neph do a good aromatherapy moisturiser, one called Clearer and the other Enricher which go very well under makeup. Carrier oils are very good on a night for lots of moisturising. None of these products have lanolin in them and don't block pores

CLEARASIL BODY WASH is very good! started using it 2 weeks ago and skin of back and chest has improved so much! but i must stop picking cos makes them worse! DO NOT PICK AT SPOTS! if there is no white head do not touch! I use no. 7 face wash! seems ok, doesnt irritate and i use the simple ranges moisturiser! very light, it is nice! xxx