Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Turnakit

glycolic acid....first time..Please help me

ok ...here goes. i used 30% glycolic acid today for the first time..I folowed the instructions and left it on for about 2 min. than used the neutrilizer. i ve noticed some flesh colored blisters on one side..is this normal/ how long does it take to heal??

Please help

It could just be a first time reaction if this was you first peel ever (lactic or glycolic). Maybe it was to stron for the first time....

Try putting some polysporin on it or maybe neosporin. It doesn't sound too bad, maybe a week to hea?..

I'm afraid I can't help you too much I have not had experience with this much.. Good luck

Where did you purchase your glycolic peel from?

I purchased mine from homepeels and the directions say to leave it on for only one minute for the first one, then increase 30 seconds each peel for a maximum of no more than 5 minutes. I haven't used mine yet as I am using a 15% glycolic aloe vera gel for a few weeks to get my skin accustomed to glycolic acid.

Cynthiana

I got it on Ebay...Its been 2 days now and my face is still pretty bad in those areas...i ve been putting tons of neosporin on...what else can i do???

Guest Tracy

Fresh aloe vera straight from a plant has worked wonders for me in this same situation, as well as emu oil. That stuff is heaven sent!!

Put on loads of moisteriser!!!!!!!! And don't pick off when you get scabs. You should be OK after a week.

If you can get hold of some quickly - the best would be to cover in emu oil

Hey,

i did mine at 40% only for 1 min-after that i looked like i just came out of a burning house! it looked really bad. i also had water blisters. However, after a week it was all gone so dont worry. The things is that i broke out-had a couple cyst which was usually bc i dont usually get cyst. Anywayz, i used aquaphor-maybe that broke me out-but im not sure. so u should be fine :)/

Thanks Nancy...If i knew this was gunna happen i would of never even done it..I look like friggen Freddy Kruger...And God hooked me up with a cute little cyst to go with it..Thanks man you always do me right!!!

LoL-ull get better. At least u only have one little cyst. All those brown ugly skin will just wash rite off in less than a week. Just dont pick at any little fragments of skin. Also dont pop the cyst. Oh yeah, it might be kinda hard to eat just because ur skin is so tight so put on wutever moisturizer ur using. Try not to tear the scabs and dead skin on ur face when u talk or open ur mouth bc itll damage the new skin. Alrite have fun :)/

Guest Tracy

Turn-

The thing about Glycolic Acid is that your skin has to adjust to it. It actually works remarkably well. The thing is, you should have only left it on for about 30 seconds, and the following week upped it to 1 min, then the next week one min & 30 seconds...........like that..........especially since you hadn't prepped your skin with a glycolic cleanser for a few weeks before you began with the glycolic acid peel.

Don't worry, after this heals (and it WILL heal) you can --when you get brave enough--continue to do the weekly peels, just go gently and slowly on your skin and build up a tolerance to it.

Please don't give up on glycolic acid because of this bad experience. This stuff can work WONDERS on your skin. Keep your chin up and brave through this tough time and you will be so glad you did.

By the way, I spoke to God this morning, and He said it wasn't Him who gave you the cyst O:) He say's it was that bastard, satan!! He said you owe Him an apology and He's tired of getting blamed for all the bad things satan does to people. :) Have a great day!!

-Tracy

Thank you for the post..I don't lnow i f I will risk doing that again. It's really bad. If I have an active cyst or pimple what does the Glycolic acid do...cuz I think it fried mine to the bone...How long should I wait before I attempt it again??? thank you for your help

Guest Tracy

I would wait 2 weeks to one month before beginning another series of peels. These peels should be done in slowly increasing time intervals like I stated above, and for a six or eight week series, followed by a two week to one month resting period, where you can begin another series. Or you could do a six or eight week series but instead of weekly, you could do them every two weeks.

I think the glycolic acid would probably just cause the active acne or cyst to scab and then by using the moisturizer or emu oil the scabs would one day just wash off in the shower. That's what happened to me. The trick is not to pick at the scabs or pop the blisters no matter how tempting that may be.

I made the sides of my face so raw once with a peel that it looked like I had road rash on both sides of my face!! Then after a few days, by using fresh aloe vera from a plant, followed by neosporin and then emu oil every night, it just DISAPPEARED when I got out of the shower one morning. I was shocked because it really looked like it would remain on my face for a LONG time and/or definitely leave a scar, but now I have just smooth skin in that area. I hope the same happens for you.

You take care and let me know how you progress.

-Tracy (Ambassador for God)

thanks tracy youve been good to me....I still have some questions

1) is glycolic acid only used for skin texture or does it also treat acne?

2) I have 2 red marks that are from a cyst..they have been there for about 2 months what can I do about them?

Thank you so much

Guest Tracy

You're very, very welcome, Turn. I no longer suffer from active acne. All that I suffer from now are some scars (indentations), red marks, and brown marks on my cheeks, but when I was suffering from active acne, the derm had me get the glycolic acid peels every week as he said it would help keep the pores clear of debris and oil and dead surface skin, so I guess it's good cause it promotes skin cell turnover or some suchness.

As for the red marks on your cheeks, the thing that helped me alot was Neutrogena Multi Vitamin Acne treatment, Ardell skin brightener complex to help fade the brown/red marks, azelex cream from the derm, Retin A, glycolic peels, plus I also currently use a glycolic cleanser and face lotion that ALSO helps my skin exfoliate/renew itself more quickly, although I don't use that cleanser and lotion the night before or the night after my peel. Then I just use a non-soap non-comedegenic cleanser which is actually for dry, upset skin so it really treats my skin gently before and after my peels.

Hope all this helps. :) Tracy

Guest Tracy

I got rid of my acne with Accutane, and I am very grateful that only one session of Accutane took care of it, cause I was beginning to get SEVERE cystic acne on my cheeks and it was looking HORRIBLE!! Unfortunately, it thinned the shit out of my hair and its been about 2 years now and it has gotten alittle thicker, but not much. That was the worst side effect for me, because my hair was always so thick and luxurious before the Accutane. I am 39, by the way, so some of it may be attributed to my getting older, but I don't think so.....it was that damn Accutane. But I very seldom get cystic bumps anymore, although I do get some small whiteheads from time to time from in some of the same old places I got them before. Hope all this helps.

-Tracy

I too was on accutane, It cleared me 100% for about 2 years...now i get big cysts..only on my chin area..Do you think i should try it again?

Guest Tracy

Perhaps, but I think your derm should make that decision. Did you hair thin also when you were on Accutane??? Were you using a strong dosage? I was on 40 mgs twice a day. I cut it down myself to 40 mgs once a day only cause of the hair loss thing......

I don't remember dosage i think it was 60mg a day..I don't remember too many side effects accept for really dry lips...how long have you been off it for?