Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~Ani~

removing make-up while on the regimen

:? Yikes, I need some advice! :) I'm on Dan's regimen and I have been using Cetaphil skin cleanser. The problem is that it does not remove my make-up at all! Even if I'm just attempting to remove very light blemish concealer :D

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I use a toner after cleansing to remove any traces of make-up? Or should I try a make-up remover before cleansing? If so, what kind? Or should I try a cleanser that does remove make-up entirely? Please heeeeeelp! [-o<

Thank you in advance!!

I would recommend a make-up remover BEFORE cleansing...not like i'd really know, but thats my advice.

aww, thanks animal :) I'll try that, now does anyone know any good types of make-up removers? or any other advice/suggestions. I'm open to anything because I'm so durn lost! lol 8-[

(thanks again animal!)

Well i say that because i think that the make-up remover may break down the make-up so that it leaves little bits on your face, which may clog pores etc.

Then when you use the cleanser it will wipe away the bits of make-up along with the actual make-up remover so it would be just like nomal cleansing! :)/

Well, thats the theory anyway :D

I use Carley's soap, works wonderfully. What type of makeup are you trying to remove? Liquid, powder, long wear, etc?

I would probably try Purpose liquid instead and see if that works a bit better for you. Cetaphil never got my makeup off too well either.

Yea, Cetaphil was useless for taking off my makeup and I also had a bad reaction to the sodium lauryl sulfate in it. I use Johnson's baby soap in bar form - about 2 bucks for 2 bars in the diaper isle. :)

it's a very sensible theory, animal :D Thank you!

The make-up I'm presently using (and trying to remove), Talon, is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Cream Powder. It's very light and creamy...yet Cetaphil doesn't even begin to remove it all :) I'll definitely look into the Carley's soap!

Oursfan, I just got the Purpose bar (not sure if the liquid is better for removing make-up :?: ) I'll give it a shot. If not then I'll try make-up remover first. Or like Fiona suggested, the Johnson's baby soap (which I used to actually bathe with anyways a few years back! :D )

Thank you so much for all the help and great suggestions! Back to the lab! hehe :D

i use the cetaphil cleansing bar, rather than the liquid (i use the liquid to remove my eye make-up) I find that if i have heavy make up on if i wash twice with the bar then all my make up is off! You've just gotta massage it well alll over your face.

Good luck.

The Cetaphil bar, huh? I think I'd like to try that. Because here's what I just discovered: the Purpose bar removes my make-up nicely....but could it be any more drying??? :D Jeez did it dry my face! Whereas Cetaphil left my face baby soft. :) I'll try the cetaphil bar for sure, thanks julie!

In the meanwhile, anyone using any make-up removers? Maybe some type of make-up remover wipes or something? If so, I would love any input on brands, etc. Thanks for all the help!!

Best thing I've found to remove eye makeup - Johnson's Baby SHAMPOO. Yep. I had an eye infection a few months ago, thought the doc had lost his mind when he told me to bathe my eyelids INSIDE and out with Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Infection went away and I discovered a great "side effect" - this stuff MELTS eye makeup off, even waterproof mascara! May sting a little the first couple of times you use it, after that, no problem. (Melty makeup WILL sting, so be careful). How to: splash eyes w/water, put a few drops of shampoo on fingers, rub in a gentle circular motion over closed eye area to work up a lather, splash water to rinse. Repeat if necessary (usually isn't) No makeup or oily goo left and lashes are soft. Doesn't cause breakouts around my eyes like removers do.

:)

Lisa P.

ps - be sure to get ONLY Johnson & Johnson brand - the clear yellow stuff.