Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello

Just wondering if anyone else has had acne scarring on the neck region. Specifically, my scarring is on the upper neck region below the ear and then almost where the skin meets the jaw line. My face was not affected but I had cystic acne on the neck. One surgeon in Toronto did a chemical peel years ago, and I have had three micro dermabrasion done. They don't appear to have done much. I have been told that because the neck has thinner skin the options are more limited, but I am sick of looking at these scars. I am connsidering excision if a doctor around will do it. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

dvh - are they pitted,rolling or ice pick scars? Excision is only for ice picks I gather.

Hello

I suppose there is some of each. a few are deep. THere are fewer ice pick scars. I have scheduled appointments with a couple of cosmetic surgeons. I almost went through with laser surgery on my neck a few years ago, but backed out at the last minute because it sounded like the recovery time and pain would be difficult. Also I thought there might be some chance for further scaring due to the thin neck skin. I hope injectables will help they sound the easiest and the least recovery time. I know they are not permanent, but I'll touch up if I have to. In certain lighting my scars look gross. Sick of looking at them.