Jump to content
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What type of scars??

Recommended Posts

Hi, well I am fairly new here. Anyways, I'm 18 years old. And I got these indented scars over the summer. I'm just trying to figure out what type you would classify them. Are they ice pick or rolling *is confused* Sorry if the photo quality is not that great.

Is it possible that they may fade over time? Or are there any affordable treatments that I could do to improve these?

IPB Image

Link to post
Share on other sites

hypertrophic scar (raised part) and maybe a small atrophic (rolling indented)...

notice the smooth edging around the base in the indentation and the part that is raised. I've heard that subcision works best with rolling, but a good and inexpensive scar care topical (you can get these over the counter like Neosporin) can help the hypertropic part. Since your picture is a bit blurry, it's a little hard to see how deep these are, but seems like they are extremely minimal. Maybe a good peel could do you good for both parts. Try a low-medium percentage of Glycol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes