Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nightfalls

Accutane vs. Regimen

I'm a 15 year old male -- mild/moderate acne since I was 13 or so... my mom wants me to go on a low dosage of Accutane, however I wear contacts and of course Accutane is very drying #-o and I really would like to keep wearing my contacts. I began the regimen maybe a week ago, and it seems to be clearing up, but also very dry -- I live in Nevada (yay, even more dryness) so that's probably not helping. I don't want a doctor's opinion, because as we all know they can't always be right. My dermatologist says I might not be able to wear them, but there's still a possiblilty that I can... I was wondering if anyone with contacts has also tried Accutane, and has any negative experiences that occured (dealing with your eyes)? Also, I've been on and off of bp 5% for my two years of acne, I was wondering how much longer I should wait till using the alpha hydroxy lotion, even though I've only been on the regimen for a week? I'm thinking about staying on the regimen for a few more weeks and seeing the results, please respond with comments or suggestions! :)

i say start using the alpha hydroxy mostrizer now. I have very sensitive dry skin and i started it. At first it might burn a little, but that goes away.

And with accutane. contacts might be the last thing you will be worrying about. You will be complaingin about your alligatorlike dry face. Unbelievably chapped lips, and back pain. Not to scare you..but these are some of the side-effects,

i am on accutane and wear contacts and find no dryness or irritability at all. It might just be for me but i havent experienced it.

And with accutane. contacts might be the last thing you will be worrying about. You will be complaingin about your alligatorlike dry face. Unbelievably chapped lips, and back pain. Not to scare you..but these are some of the side-effects,

mouse, 5 months down the track you will have scaley skin. thats if you are taking the required 100mg/kg

required 100mg/kg??? i think you mean 1mg/kg