Notifications
Clear all

Having Exoderm in January !!!!!

MemberMember
(@girliegirl)

Posted : 12/08/2005 11:18 am

Hi, I am planning to have Exoderm in Jan.

I would like to talk to others who have gone through this treatment and find what their long term results have been...As I understand it can take some time for the scarring to fill in....I also would like to know what is the best cover up make up for after the procedure ....As I would like to enjoy a few days in San Diego after the mask comes off......=)

MemberMember
(@petpeeve)

Posted : 12/08/2005 11:21 am

~Lol~ I wish I even knew what Exoderm was!

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@gemma)

Posted : 12/08/2005 11:32 am

You'll get a free make up consultation from Dr. Rullan. But a lot of people use dermablend after an invasive procedure. I would suggest you check out this forum.

http://www.spectacularskin.com/cgi-bin/acn...?noframes;#4840

There is a girl named Jasmine who didn't have a good experience with exoderm...you should know what the possible negative outcomes are. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@colonel-angus)

Posted : 12/08/2005 11:52 am

Depending on your scars you might be wasting a load of dough. A number of people have said that exoderm didn't really help them at all and some mentioned new scars and lengthy pigmentation problems. Hopefully your doctor warned you of all this and hopefully they have before and after pictures for you to see.

MemberMember
(@girliegirl)

Posted : 12/08/2005 11:59 am

Hummmmmm I will have to look up this Jasmine.....I hope all works out well for me....I am really excited about this treatment...I had laser done about four years ago....And it really was a waste for me...I thought at the time it had helped...But I think my scars only appeared to be better due to the tightning effect it had on my skin....I pray this Exoderm works for me..If not..I guess I will try dermobrasion next....

Thanks so much for your advice on the Derma blend...I will look that up......And I will talk to Dr. Rullan about the cover ups...I hope it will not be a problem to apply this to tmy skin after the Exoderm...I woudl liek to do a few things in San Diego after I have that mask removed....=)

MemberMember
(@amoalaura)

Posted : 12/08/2005 12:54 pm

Hummmmmm I will have to look up this Jasmine.....I hope all works out well for me....I am really excited about this treatment...I had laser done about four years ago....And it really was a waste for me...I thought at the time it had helped...But I think my scars only appeared to be better due to the tightning effect it had on my skin....I pray this Exoderm works for me..If not..I guess I will try dermobrasion next....

Thanks so much for your advice on the Derma blend...I will look that up......And I will talk to Dr. Rullan about the cover ups...I hope it will not be a problem to apply this to tmy skin after the Exoderm...I woudl liek to do a few things in San Diego after I have that mask removed....=)

girlie, i strongly recommend you "low downtime" treatments instead of full face resurfacings that will bring you many problems for months and unpredictable results. And forget about going out after the mask falls off, you will look like an alien from Star Wars and there is no way such reddness can be covered, unless you wear a latex mask. I am 4 months post-Exoderm and i am still a bit red and breaking out. What kind of scars do you have?

MemberMember
(@girliegirl)

Posted : 12/08/2005 4:27 pm

I am really upset to read this ......I hate to think that I may have to let go of my hope of getting rid of these scars......I have booked my surgery and hotel etc....I am soooo sad rigth now...=(

MemberMember
(@girliegirl)

Posted : 12/08/2005 4:45 pm

I am so happy you guys have replied to my post... I am not going to lose hope just yet...w...I was getting really depressed when I read all that was negetive here...But I am still gojing to have faith that Dr. Rullan is a skilled Dr. I know Dr. Rullan has done many of these Exoderm type procedures that I do feel he knows his skill well....I still feel I will be in good hands with him...I know, that many people may have had bad results with other Dr.'s trying to use this type of procedure. But I think most have used Dr.'s that do not use the same method as Dr. Rullan...

This is WHY I wanted any and everyone who had this "Exoderm" type procedure to come forward and share their results with me here.....Thanks for all your help...And I still invite all people who have had this procedure to reply to me here with their knowledge...=)

MemberMember
(@colonel-angus)

Posted : 12/08/2005 4:53 pm

I am really upset to read this ......I hate to think that I may have to let go of my hope of getting rid of these scars......I have booked my surgery and hotel etc....I am soooo sad rigth now...=(

Yeah scars are bothersome for sure but one thing to learn is scars if they are moderate to deep don't just go away with one treatment. And rarely can one type of treatment treat all the different types of scars. It sounds like you haven't spent much time researching everything. Alot of new people that come to this board think that 1 exoderm or 1 dermabrasion and all my problems will be solved. If you think this you will be very disappointed with your outcome. Regardless of what doctors tell you there is risk to every procedure and they always tend to overexaggerate the results you will get.

Exoderm is not a procedure to take lightly and yes it can make your skin worse and complete healing can be months to a year for some. This is not to scare you but let you know that you might be expecting too much and that things aren't that simple for scarring.

I am so happy you guys have replied to my post... I am not going to lose hope just yet...w...I was getting really depressed when I read all that was negetive here...But I am still gojing to have faith that Dr. Rullan is a skilled Dr. I know Dr. Rullan has done many of these Exoderm type procedures that I do feel he knows his skill well....I still feel I will be in good hands with him...I know, that many people may have had bad results with other Dr.'s trying to use this type of procedure. But I think most have used Dr.'s that do not use the same method as Dr. Rullan...

This is WHY I wanted any and everyone who had this "Exoderm" type procedure to come forward and share their results with me here.....Thanks for all your help...And I still invite all people who have had this procedure to reply to me here with their knowledge...=)

Sorry to tell you this again but Dr. Rullan did do most of the exoderms you read about on this forum and yes some do regret having it done even in his hands. You really need to spend some more time reading the exoderm thread cause most threads start out with people reporting positive results and later finding scars return and other skin complications.

MemberMember
(@sosimpole)

Posted : 12/08/2005 4:55 pm

full resurfacing.....no bueno.....did wonders to me......fuck I wish I could go back!

MemberMember
(@magneticxboy)

Posted : 12/08/2005 4:57 pm

Most of the people on this board are extremley negative so your not going to get much positive feedback..

You gotta take risks sometimes.. As long as your comfortable with the doctor, have asked him ALL the questions you wanted to ask, saw before and afters from other patients.. thats all you can do and just have hope.. :)

I hope everything goes well! good luck :)

MemberMember
(@girliegirl)

Posted : 12/08/2005 5:51 pm

THANKS !!! Thanks so much for all you that had GOOD things to say....I do understanf that all things to improve scarring have some risk involved..And I certianly do not expect perfection...Not at all...I just woudl like to have an improvment...As mentioned..I had a laser treatment about 4 years ago...That was helpful in that it seemed to tighten my skin...Which in turn made my scars less obvious....But now as my skin has started to sag a bit...I wish I had back the firmness that I had with that laser treatment....

I am sorry for all the people that did not have positive results with the Exoderm type treatment...I am very sorry...But I have seen to many "good" before and after photos to not give this a try...I also spoke to a patient of Dr. Rullans that is very very pleased with her results....And again...No she did not get perfection either...Just improvment...That is all I can hope for......

But I have been unable to locate threads about Exoderm here.....Hummmmmm can any one tell me how or where to find them? I found the one from Namrobi I think it was.....That was it......Anthing positive to be said on the Exodern here.....And yes to the above poster....Thsi board does seem to be kind of negative....Why is that do you think ?

MemberMember
(@namrobi)

Posted : 12/08/2005 6:20 pm

I agree with Amigababy and I had my exoderm with Dr. Rullan

MemberMember
(@girliegirl)

Posted : 12/08/2005 6:57 pm

Hi Namrobi....Can you be more specific in what you feel about your treatment now that it is done and over...I saw your pictures.....But I have yet to see any that are resent.....Do you feel happy with what you have done ? Do you have photos of your face now ?

MemberMember
(@amoalaura)

Posted : 12/08/2005 7:13 pm

THANKS !!! Thanks so much for all you that had GOOD things to say....I do understanf that all things to improve scarring have some risk involved..And I certianly do not expect perfection...Not at all...I just woudl like to have an improvment...As mentioned..I had a laser treatment about 4 years ago...That was helpful in that it seemed to tighten my skin...Which in turn made my scars less obvious....But now as my skin has started to sag a bit...I wish I had back the firmness that I had with that laser treatment....

I am sorry for all the people that did not have positive results with the Exoderm type treatment...I am very sorry...But I have seen to many "good" before and after photos to not give this a try...I also spoke to a patient of Dr. Rullans that is very very pleased with her results....And again...No she did not get perfection either...Just improvment...That is all I can hope for......

But I have been unable to locate threads about Exoderm here.....Hummmmmm can any one tell me how or where to find them? I found the one from Namrobi I think it was.....That was it......Anthing positive to be said on the Exodern here.....And yes to the above poster....Thsi board does seem to be kind of negative....Why is that do you think ?

I was saying my opinion. What's up with this board lately? I have gone through Exoderm and i wish someone had warned me about these things i am telling you about. If you come to this board for advice, this is my advice: think about some other treatments before doing it.

Joder me cago en la puta hostia que raros sois

MemberMember
(@girliegirl)

Posted : 12/08/2005 7:23 pm

I am thankful for all of the advice.....If I sounded like I wasn't...I am sorry......=) I am just in hopes that more people that have had it will come forward to reply to what I have written here......Thanks .......=)

Can you tell me about your past experence ???

I am thankful for all of the advice.....If I sounded like I wasn't...I am sorry......=) I am just in hopes that more people that have had it will come forward to reply to what I have written here......Thanks .......=)

can you tell me who did your Exodern and what kind of scars you had to begin with ?????

MemberMember
(@lexy)

Posted : 12/08/2005 7:24 pm

wasn't Sean having an exoderm, or was it someone else? whatever happened to him?

MemberMember
(@girliegirl)

Posted : 12/08/2005 7:28 pm

I have no idea who any of these people are...So I don't know Sean either.....=( I am a first time poster today....But I would ove for all that have had Exoderm to share the results with me here......=)

MemberMember
(@denise2)

Posted : 12/08/2005 7:36 pm

For as many negative stories here, I've heard and read just as many positive ones.

They just don't post here anymore.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@amoalaura)

Posted : 12/08/2005 7:37 pm

can you tell me who did your Exodern and what kind of scars you had to begin with ?????

MemberMember
(@gemma)

Posted : 12/08/2005 7:39 pm

What you need to do is use the search feature. It's located on the top right of this page, next to gallery, help, etc. This is really the best way to find information on this procedure as people tend to frequent this site less and less as they become more educated with scar revision. Also, check the other site where Jasmine is...there are others on that forum who also had exoderm.

MemberMember
(@amoalaura)

Posted : 12/08/2005 7:42 pm

For as many negative stories here, I've heard and read just as many positive ones.

They just don't post here anymore.

Good luck!

Yes, there are many positives stories about Exoderm, that is why i chose it. Some of us here had Exoderm at the same time and our stories are maybe the first negative stories about it.

By the way, whyme?, are you still around?

MemberMember
(@keithr23)

Posted : 12/08/2005 8:39 pm

I have seen many more negatives than positives regarding the Exoderm procedure. If anyonw knows anybody that has had good results who are they? I really dont remember seeing anyone with good results or results that were worth the cost and pain.

I guess it depends on how deep your scars are though. If they are fairly shallow then you will probably be happy with the results. I am only giving an opinion of what I have read on here. I wish you the best of luck and hope that everything works out good for you.

peace

MemberMember
(@girliegirl)

Posted : 12/08/2005 8:55 pm

Thanks so much Keith for posting..I do understand that many people are not happy woth their results.....But I have talked to many of Dr. Rullan's patients...And I am hoping I will be one of the happy ones...I have gone to great lenghts to get where I am now with my skin that never breaks out....As a matter of fact it has been years since I have had any break outs...But I used Accutane about 12 years ago...And I must say...It gave me every "bad" side effect possible...I lost lots of hair...I had nose bleeds..I had a skin infection...I had nose bleeds....And I kept it up in order to rid myself of that horrible acne...And I did rid myself of it finally......For me Accutane was WONDERFUL ......

I had the laser about 4 years ago...And that seemed to help as well...But I think my skikin has started to sag now...Sp for me ...That has made my scarring look worse ...I gained around 80 lbs last year when i was expectign my daughter and that weight loss /gain really effected my skin even on my face....I am back to my normal smallish self now....And I woudl love to have what I had with the laser....But felt I might get better results with Exoderm....Now that I have some wrinkles....=( Anyway....I hope I have a positive result.....I don't mind the pain or the unteruption of my "normal" life in order to have this done......I am just thankful to have found Dr. Rullan......=) Sonia

MemberMember
(@whyme)

Posted : 12/08/2005 10:48 pm

Hey amigababy, long time no talk...im still around....for the author of this post, my advice is to do fraxel laser instead of exoderm....ive had two exoderms now, the first was cool, the redness was gone in 7 weeks...this second one has been a nightmare...im still a little red 4 months post procedure....go with a different option is my advice