Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melek

My Long term regimen.

All the little whiteheads under right eye are bothering me a lot. I treated a small spot with 10% bp last night and those ones shrunk noticably... so I hit the entire patch up with bp this morning. I'm thinking of changing my regimen to this. I'll decide tonight. Frankly I think 2.5% bp is just way to damn weak for me. 10% works really well as a spot treatment (but lengthens redness) but whenever I use 2.5% as a topical (dan's regimen) it doesn't do crap except dry my skin. And I just dont have the patience to spend the fifteen-twenty minutes It would take to apply the quantity of 2.5% dan recommends.

Morning:

Wash with nox and brush

Apply 2% SA gel

Evening:

Wash with nox and brush

Apply 2% SA Cream

Apply 10% BP cream (Cheap generic brand) under eyes.

It's funny. On SA, I get practically no new acne... but the acne I have never seems to go away it just flares up and fades, flares up and fades, etc etc etc. I'm gonna mess around with my regimen and see if I can find something that will clear up this area under my eyes without compromising the success I've had with SA.

Blarg. One of the whiteheads I squoze out is turning into a cyst now. Bad news. I flipped out and tried to squeeze it out. Now the entire area under my eye is red as hell.

I'm thinking about going back to just washing twice a day with nothing and saying fuck it.

I've pretty much broken down and decided to put my hope in accutane again. I'm sick of tiptoeing around when it comes to face care. I can't sleep with my hair untied, I have to wash two times a day and put all kinds of creams and shit on my face. I watch what I eat and make sure I get plenty of water. Etc etc etc. And I STILL get whiteheads, flare ups, bumpiness, red marks that seem to fade then suddenly appear again, occasional cysts, zits that never fade for weeks and weeks unless I squeeze them. Then turn in massive red welts that give me a red mark that lasts months. Yeah. Fuck it all. I want accutane.

Ugg. Big red cyst. Melek MAD! MELEK SMASH! TAKE REVENGE ON WORLD!

Fuck it. I'm gonna wash my face and let it be. Feels better that way anyhow. And tomorrow! My lemon juice enema to flush out all these gallbladder stones full of toxins.

Fuck it. I'm gonna wash my face and let it be. Feels better that way anyhow. And tomorrow! My lemon juice enema to flush out all these gallbladder stones full of toxins.

heh, liked all the replies about liver flushing being crap. you made me decide to not do it, going to get a full body cleanser from gnc and some milk thistle pills for after instead. i think my liver might be weak because i've done a lot of drugs, have been smoking pot regularly for almost 7 years, and drink way too much. i just realized drinking every night still makes me an alcoholic even though i'm in college. will quit smoking sometime soon too.

found your regimen log by doing a water only search. even though your log isnt really about just water, i figured i would keep reading it cause of the liver flush posts. good luck.

sorry, didn't read the whole post, but

i say: what r u waiting for?

if u've never took accutane, now is the time.

it clears up most of the people.

if the tane don't help - THEN you'll have plenty of time to experiment and be really depressed.

now u just wasting your time and money.

good luck!

BLAST!

i mean, peace..

Right now Im waiting for insurance. The stuff Im getting now is HMO and should start in february. So I figure maybe a week to get a derm appt. Another week for the tests and around Valentines day I can get started on accutane if everything goes smoothly.

heh, liked all the replies about liver flushing being crap. you made me decide to not do it, going to get a full body cleanser from gnc and some milk thistle pills for after instead. i think my liver might be weak because i've done a lot of drugs, have been smoking pot regularly for almost 7 years, and drink way too much. i just realized drinking every night still makes me an alcoholic even though i'm in college. will quit smoking sometime soon too.

found your regimen log by doing a water only search. even though your log isnt really about just water, i figured i would keep reading it cause of the liver flush posts. good luck.

Thanks. You should curb your drinking. That will do much more to benefit your liver than any suppliment will. As long as you prevent scarring (cirrhosis), your liver will repair itself without any unproven and costly suppliments necessary.

Same ol same ol...

Maybe a couple new bumps. Been making a conscious effort not to look. Redness has faded a lot, but there is still a painful bump and a little redness at the cyst.

Staying the course.

Washing with fingers and noxzema twice a day. Trying not to touch or scratch the tiny bumps along my hairline (that's real difficult), with some success. No squeezing anything.

Dit to the to. I scratched one bump on my forehead while writing last night (it had scabbed over and itched). Bled a little. Seems ok now though... maybe just a touch worse than it was yesterday. Otherwise everything proceeds smooth like jazz.

Day A lot.5

Pretty much the same. A lot of bumpiness still under my eyes, almost invisible now even after I shower, but I can feel it with my fingers when I'm washing. Cyst has healed a lot. Really small bump, still red though. Temples are probably the only place that isn't healing well. But Meh. I might have to do some retinoid there or something.

Couple bumps on the right side of my nose started itching right after washing, so I scratched em. They opened up and got pretty red. I dabbed some Hydrogen peroxide on them with a q-tip and went to bed. Still a little red this morning, but not too bad. Top of my sideburns up to my temples staying bumpy. Might try washing my hair a bit more frequently. Been doing it ~ every three days lately. Gonna try and remember to GA peel tonight.

Temples and cheekbones got pretty bad for a bit there, scratched off some whiteheads and they scabbed up. Otherwise not too much going on. a zit here and there.

Big red cyst on my cheekbone I blame neosporin dabbing. Been Bp'ing it. Also started soft bristled brush exfoliation up again and stopped GA peels for the time being. Couple whiteheads here and there. Still get pretty active on my temples every once in awhile, but that heals up quick and responds well to 10% BP overnight to dry the area out. Forehead is doing much better, as is under eye area (Under eye gets bp treatment (10%... 2.5% is worthless and costs MORE/ounce than the cheap chalky generic (walmart brand)) every time it looks like it might flare up again. Every couple of weeks, nose gets tons of clogged pores (GA peel helped a little with that... might try a retinal product there in the future).

Right now I'd say 1-2 whitehead a day, 1 zit every 1-2weeks.

I've been skipping sleep a lot and eating whatever the hell I want and it doesn't seem to have affected my face any except making it a bit drier. Been pretty manic lately. Probably because I've been increasing my caffiene usage to compensate for the lack of sleep. Been trying to keep up with my multivitamin and take my b5, b6, e, zinc+mag+calc every so often.

Switched to this regimen

Wash with soft facial brush + noxzema (actually a generic brand right now, I prefer real noxzema... this stuff stinks worse) in morning

Wash with soft facial brush + noxzema in evening, then apply a paper-thin coat of generic (equate) 10% bp cream (~$2/ounce).

My face is a little dry after morning wash, but nowhere even close to the shit Dan's regimen turned my face into (Because I'm only BP'ing once a day). Acne has been reduced to 1-3 pimples/whiteheads a day and they fade in 1-4 days depending on how bad they were. A few red marks still remain, but my face is actually pretty clear and very smooth. I'm pretty happy with this so far... and frankly gotta say that these studies finding 2.5% as effective as 10% bp must have been flawed. 10% is a fantastic treatment for my acne. 2.5% if anything, makes it worse. Of course this varies, but I doubt I'm a freak of nature... so this response almost certainly should have been noticable in a legitimate trial.

Been doing this maybe 3 weeks I'd guess (full face bp only one week... just did under eye before that).

I'll update if anything really changes.

Got a few minutes before I leave for work.

Update.

Wash with rag and Ivory bar soap (whatever bar soap is available. Ivory these days).

Apply Benz-oil 10% Benzoyl peroxide in an oil base product (available on ebay much much cheaper than at their website)... one 32 oz bottle looks to last ~6months. Use a cotton ball to apply. For best results I leave it on or spend a good 5 minutes getting as much rubbed into the skin (with cotton ball) as possible. But this stuff is a white chalky liquid that doesn't absorb as easily as most products so I typically apply before bed and leave on. Apply before work and rub in for a few minutes then remove excess with a Paper towel before applying moisturizor (Oil of olay sensitive with spf 15... not too happy with it, makes very little difference, and another very white product that is hard to rub in completely).

That's pretty much it. Wash with rag and soap 2x/day. BP in oil base 10% 2x/day. Moisturize 1x/day.

Oil base stuff works a decent bit better than my waterbased stuff did. And doesnt dry nearly as badly... but it's hard to get a hold of. Seller only lists 1 bottle a week on ebay and it costs like 4x as much to buy direct from him.

Like I said I dont like this moisturizer much.

I'm getting moderate scaling around the mouth, but dryness is under control thanks to the rag exfoliating, the oil product (laregly jojoba oil base), and the moisturizor. Moisturizing 2x/day improved the dryness problem, but I dont like sleeping with that crap on my face, partly because it smells like sunscreen and I cant stand the smell of sunscreen.

I used the Benz-oil the same as my old stuff with noxzema wash and my fingers to apply and it didnt work as well. Drying soap and a cotton ball/cotton makeup-applying/removing pad seems the way to go.

I average a pimple every week or two these days, red marks have faded greatly and new pimples never really form if I leave them be. Havent had one last over a week in a couple months. And no noticable red marks either. I do occasionally squeeze ones on tough parts of the face (nose, top of cheekbone) because the skin is so tight there that they seem to pop with minimal damage. That results in a noticable red mark for 4-8 days, but they dont stick around like red marks on the cheeks and under they eyes seem to. Of course, not popping anything would probably be best.

edit: Also started a new job that keeps me more active and started lifting weights recreationally again.

You changed your name and avatar, how ya expect me to recognize you? :P

Same ol. Nothing has emerged since last post.

You changed your name and avatar, how ya expect me to recognize you? :P

Same ol. Nothing has emerged since last post.

I forgot that I changed my name. :D Haha! Yeah, I was wondering where you went. It's good to have ya back!

Checking back in... was clear for months, went off BP for two weeks and brokeout pretty bad... starting back up today.

Oh and just an interesting note.... about 5 days after I stopped the BP... was told by coworker that I'd be rolling in girls if I cut my hair because I have such a nice complexion. This was of course before the breakout... but just an idea of HOW clear I was.