Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr Miracle

Best cleanser!

Alright, after trying 1001 cleansers I´ve found Cetaphil´s liquid cleanser to be the best of them all...

it´s extremely gentle, almost no drying of the skin and smells quite good... much better than johnson and johnson´s baby bar soap...!

Try it.. it really helps.... extremely gentle... best of them all! :)/

That same one... It´s incredible... just like dan says (Doesn´t seem it´s a cleaners, more like thick water)... It´s great... it smells really good too... and it´s much more portable than a messy soap bar! :)/

I've been crowing about this product for over a month! Finally someone else agrees! I love this stuff! Wait till you use it awhile. Your skin will be softer than a baby's ass! I actually use the Wal-Mart (Equate) version of this product instead of the name brand. It is only $3.47 for the same size bottle. The ingredients are exactly the same and listed in the exact same order on the bottle. This stuff works so well that my skin did not even peel after being at the beach for twoo weeks (in the sun, sand & surf 6+ hrs. per day). My nose and cheeks always peel at the beach, but not this time! Cetaphil liquid cleanser rules! :)/

Yeah, I saw the equate version right next to it, since I bought it at walmat too.... I wasn´t too sure, then I picked up the cetaphil version and I read ... even for the most sensitive skin ... so I went for it... Equate or this... It´s still awesome!

Hope more people learn about this thing...

Well, I´ll be loggin off for about a week since I sold my old pc and buying a new one... C YA... Good luck, everybody... go buy it :)

Just wondering how well Cetaphil's liquid cleaser cleans the face. Is it good in cleansing your face if you wear makeup?

What are you talking about? Cetaphil takes off my makeup! I use warm water, put some on and gently massage, wait a sec, rinse w/ warm water and then wash a second time. Works like a charm and you can see right through my clean pores! haha

The Cetaphil liquid removes all of my make-up including my eye make-up! I just massage it into my face for like 60 seconds & rinse with warm water. It does not irritate the skin at all. It's consistency is like a thin lotion. The benefit is that my skin is softer than it has ever been before & my make-up looks fantastic after I put it on because of the smoothness of my skin.

I agree. I have used cetaphil in the past when my acne was not as bad as it is now, and at that time, I felt the cetaphil actually kept me from breaking out without using BP. I haven't used it in awhile, I switched to salcylic acid for awhile after my acne got worse, but it irritated my skin and caused more breakouts. Now I'm using a cleanser w/ 3.5 BP. It has cleared up my skin quite a bit, but at this point I need see more results so I am going to quit using it when it runs out and go back to cetaphil and BP that you leave on. Cetaphil makes your skin feels soft because it has powerful emollients in it. Rock on!

when you guys use the cetaphil(i do to) do you first wet your face and then use it. Or just spread it on ur face without wetting it first. Cause i see on the back you can use it with or without water. Im just wondering if one way might work better than the other.

because i have been using it for a while but havent really noticed my skin being any softer. It surely doesnt dry me out...but i havent noticed any softenss.

Nappyjim, I do not wet my face first before I apply the Cetaphil. Also, I would never consider using it without rinsing. I know the bottle says you can just tissue it off, but I'm too paranoid to try that. I don't want to risk more breakouts.

I usually wet my face first, but this thing is so awesome that I think not rinsing will work almost as good as my moisturizer...

Can´t believe Dan has never paid much attention to this excellent cleanser!

I didnt like it maybe I did it wrong. It was hard to spread the lather across my face without pulling the skin. This is what I did

splashed water on my face.

used one pump in my hand then lathered it up with my hands.

i used two more pumps (which i shouldnt have to do) because my hands didnt even have much lather

and because of this it makes it hard for my fingers to spread the lather on my face without pulling the skin. Am I doing it right?

i had the exact same probel after getting it today, do we have to put alot of it in our hands

I found that the cetaphil cleanser did NOT get my skin clean and I broke out very badly from using it.... at first I did love it, but then realised. My skin is doing pretty well now :D No new spots. I use trisan and dove bar and neut. oil-free acne wash. (At different times.. depending on what I think I need).

Dr Miracle, Cetaphil does have a pump, the big bottles do, the smaller ones don't..

.. at least, mine does ; )

you don't need a "lather", cetaphil doesn't have stripping soap in it so it doesn't lather. lather is nothing but fluff

I also think Cetaphil works really well, it is the gentlest cleanser I have ever used. I don't know if my skin really is softer though.

for those who wear makeup, you may want to try Cetaphil's Daily facial cleanser for normal/oily skin. Or if you want to continue using the Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser, I 've heard that Huggies baby wipes work really well as a makeup remover.

I do not wet my face before putting the cleanser on, I don't use alot and just rub it into my skin and then rinse it with lukewarm water and it rinses completely off. Using this plus the neutrogena 2.5 %BP cream, has been great for my skin.

:D

I dont understand how people can cleanse their whole face with only a little bit of this cleanser. By the time I apply it on half of my cheek the rest of it drys up and its impossible to spread it on the rest of my face. Every other cleanser spreads smoothly on your skin but not this crap. What a waste of money.

You gotta wet your face first, I guess....

SaraJane, you did not break out from using cetaphil... that´s ridiculous... you were most likely going to break out with or without it, just bad timing I guess!

Dr Miracle .. I wouldn't say that's rediculous. I don't think it actually gets my skin clean at all.. it left a residue on it after use (which is why I no longer use it).

cetaphil doesnt have a pump. At least not the gentle cleaneser in the blue bottle. I got the big one too. no pump