Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After 20 years of suffering, I found a cure for my Acne. Vitamin B5, also called Pantothenic Acid, and Colon cleanse. Take at least 5-10 grams or even 20 grams for severe Acne.Any one suffering from Acne should combine colon cleanse along with B5. B5 is completely safe because it is water soluble. It has been very good for me after one week. If you tried B5 in high doses and didn't work then try Pantothine, the biologically active form of Pantothenic Acid (B5). Try B5 before you take Accutane. You won't be sorry. Also take Biotin with Pantothenic Acid (B5) because the last will absorb more efficently. Please email feedback [email protected]

Yes, It does work but I doubt you noticed results in the first week. I did it for two months. It was the second closest I ever was to being fully clear, second only to accutane. But its very hard to do as it upsets your stomach waaaay to much. Can anyone say gastric disfunction??? =P Other than that thats the only side-effect I can think of. But really who wants to pop 10 pills a day?

theres no cure for acne. :) go off the b5 and see what happens.

Anyway, i took b5 for about 4 months and it didnt really help me. I was clear for a week and then pimples came back. Im on retin-a now, starting my 3rd week and i have seen improvement

B5 only helps people that have a high metabolic resistance to the burning of fat, (due to their genes, as the reason for their acne), i.e people who, if they didn't exercise and eat lots of fat everyday, would either get fatter or get more spots(or both)...

there is a sizable amount of people who have a low metabolic resistance to the burning of fat (like me) and i have been taking B5 (until i realised all this) for 7 months at 10g per day and it did barely anything, even the last 2 months i have taken it with a high dose B complex (lots of biotin) to aid absorbtion and it did nothing.

Even after uping the dose to 20g for a while...nothing, well i wasted so much money it makes me feel sick, i just went with all the hype, i'm now on roaccutane, i should have gone on it months ago. It's done more in a week than B5 did in 7 months period. Also i did alot of research on this and even for those who have high metabolic resistance

(for whom it'll probably work well), after a while your body becomes accustomed to such high levels of B5 in the blood and in the cytoplasm of the cell (the water area), and will begin to 'down-regulated the transporters that bring the B% into the cells, this is an attempt by the body to return to it's original functional state, it's all a matter of equilibrium, it's called metabolic homeostasis.

It will always happen it' just a matter of time really for everyone, it's because our genes set how our metabolic pathways should function and when these pathways are disrupted by the B5, the genes will simply compensate (over time) to the changes and re-set the balance.

So when you come off it...bang reccurrance.. however i can see that in some people this homeostasis may take a fair while, say up to a year, by which time your skin will probably be clear (in those with high metabolic resistance) so maybe you'll have baught your self enough time, so that you've now grown out of it, anyway in conclusion i agree with the other guy, there is no cure all, any treatment can hope to offer (even roaccutane) is a bit of time.

Certain lasers can cure it for alot of people, except it costs the bomb.

But most of the stuff is prevention, which is just as good for me even if i have to take it forever it'll be worth it!