Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnson269

2 week crisis!

I've been on dan's regimen for 2 weeks 1 day and saw slight improvements up until last 2 days when i've had breakouts of whiteheads. Dan states this might happen but i can't understand why, I want to stick with this but its hard when it takes so much time and effort and all i can see for it is spots as bad as i had them before. I follow dan's regimen exactly. I use Pears soap cleanser and eucerin day cream for dryness.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! How long does this breakout period last????

almost every who has had good results in the end has said they've had a breakout. u need to stick to it. its bugging me too. but i am not gunna quit.

Cheers man, I just needed the encouragement I guess, I've seen the good reviews of dans regimen just gets you down when times are tough. I'll stick with it too and let ya know how i get on in the coming weeks.

I've been on dan's regimen for 2 weeks 1 day and saw slight improvements up until last 2 days when i've had breakouts of whiteheads. Dan states this might happen but i can't understand why, I want to stick with this but its hard when it takes so much time and effort and all i can see for it is spots as bad as i had them before. I follow dan's regimen exactly. I use Pears soap cleanser and eucerin day cream for dryness.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! How long does this breakout period last????

Hi mate,

It's not easy I know. I had a bad breakout on the ed of 2nd beginning of 3rd week - really bad too! This cleared up a week later and I've had some small breakouts since. I used to get about 12 new pimples a week, now on week 6 of the Regimen I only get about 5. It's clearing but still taking a while.

Hopefully I'll be clear in 2 weeks, although start Accutane in 2 weeks so it doesn't really matter!

poor baby! im in the same boat as u...im at the end of my second week, but i have like 2 mosquito bite size pimples on my cheeks :(

we should stick with it a little longer and see what happens

I had a couple nasty breakouts in the first month. I'm a little over 2 months now though and am much clearer than I was at the beginning. I'm not fully clear yet (have a couple red marks and two little bastards that started to appear last night) but on a whole I've been very happy lately.

3 months is the term mentioned most often. I guess for most people thats when they're finally all clear. That isn't in stone though, many have said it took even longer. It all depends on your acne.

Cheers for the encouragement guys, i'm confident of good results from what i've seen on this site of others, just hope this breakout period is short as possible.

The regimen (which i've been sticking to closely) takes a lot of time and patience and to see the results actually get worse ain't too good, i'll give it to week 4 (about another 1 and a half weeks) if the breakout hasn't settled by then i'll be really miffed!

Most acne treatments make it worse before they make it better, and it sucks! As if our acne prior to seeking a new treatment wasn't bad enough. *sigh*

Breakouts anytime in the first 3 months or so are totally normal. But just to be sure, check out http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html and be sure you're bein' strict.

Cheers Dan, not to sound like a suck up but I think the work that you do here is fantastic. Acne certainly isn't a life threatening disease but it causes physcological effects that affect peoples lives, I've learnt a lot from you and others on these message boards.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the advice, i'll certainly stick it out and i'm optomistic of good results.

Just as an update, i had a break out after being on regimen for 2 weeks 1 day. I'm now 3 weeks 3 days into it and still my skin ain't lookin too great but there is slight improvement.

I'll give this another week or so before I deem the breakout period to be lasting simply too long!

try to hang in there longer, it can take some people up to 3 months of strict regimen use to see optimal results. Even Ginette said it took 5 months before she was totally clear.

So, try to be patient, be sure you are using the full amount of bp too!

Best wishes.

As an update i'm now at 4 weeks on regimen exactly.

I gotta say my acne was at most moderate/mild to begin with, since my two week breakout started i've still been gettin' quite a few new spots.

My problem is I have very oily skin, I need to apply BP to my forehead which I use half a finger day and night. I use Pears soap cleanser bar before hand (UK product). I know this sounds odd to some of you guys but i don't use moistouriser (don't need to). It feels like BP doesn't dry up my skin enough - odd i know - i put LOADS on too.

I'm considering switching to a SA cleanser (pictured) below, this will open my pores up more for the BP to attack and i guess i don't need to worry about overdrying like some might.

IPB Image

well, i made the switch to neutrogenas SA cleanser after hearing good reviews...

I'm pleased, the SA wash opens my pores and then the BP gets in there and kills the bacteria.

coming up to just under 5 weeks on the regimen now and i'm happy, I'd be so bold as to predict that another 3 weeks will see me clear completly.

The initial breakout period is an absolute nightmare though.....no wonder so many people don't stick with the regimen!!!