needle and cuts the scar tissue underneath the skin and this

is supposed to help raise the depressed area. I was wondering

if anyone has had this procedure done please let me know how were

the results? Does the needle leave a scar? Any information

would be helpful. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@ej)

Posted : 09/29/2002 11:39 pm

Have you checked out the [Edited link out] site regarding acne scars? There are multiple posts concerning this procedure and one guy with pictures of his results. Check it out, it may help you in your decision.

MemberMember
(@angelfire)

Posted : 09/30/2002 10:11 pm

Thank You

I will check it right now, thanks again.

MemberMember
(@paul_w)

Posted : 11/19/2003 12:40 am

Yes I've had it done - about 5 times. And, I've had a very positive experience with it. Its excellent. I got some major improvement with it.

Paul

MemberMember
(@scar_search)

Posted : 11/19/2003 9:37 am

Paul,

how deep were the scars you had treated? I have a few rolling scars, bbut I'm wondering if they are too shallow for this treatment.

MemberMember
(@fromchicago)

Posted : 11/19/2003 2:38 pm

Yes, Im curious as well. Are some scars too shallow for subcision? Also do forms of non-traditional subcision like saline injections compare?

Smoothbeam is suppose to breakdown tethered scars over time, but I'm not sure if that is true.

MemberMember
(@hollyhood)

Posted : 11/19/2003 3:13 pm

Have you checked out the voy.com site regarding acne scars? There are multiple posts concerning this procedure and one guy with pictures of his results. Check it out, it may help you in your decision.

There are tons of boards on that website, can you post a link to the exact area where the guy posted his pics? Thank you

MemberMember
(@tano1)

Posted : 09/04/2017 4:36 pm

Have you tried dermarolling? Many of the dermaroll reviews are very misinformative since they tend to use .2 or .5mm needles for the more problematic skin conditions.

The truth is that those needle sizes are mainly just to provide quicker and better absorption of your topicals/skin products, but they are definitely not going to help with most acne and scarring. Why they don't use a bigger needle is beyond me, but I think part of the reason is because you may bleed and it may make your face red, but that's the point. They could also be afraid of bigger needle sizes which is why they wouldn't try bigger needles.

I would try either a 1mm or a 1.5mm needle and roll your skin twice a week ONLY. You need to penetrate right past the epidermis because a lot of scarring comes from below the first skin layer. By wounding the skin you are allowing new collagen to form and breaking up old scar tissue. Wounding is getting lots of spotlight with all of these studies dishing out positive results. In fact a company claims they have achieved scarless healing through wounding and they are conducting human trials now.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 09/05/2017 4:57 am

1.5 mm twice a week? Yikes! However, i read positive posts about doing the 1.5 mm once every 2 weeks.

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 09/05/2017 6:10 am

I doubt the OP will answer given that this is a 15 year old post lol.