Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imbue

V Beam laser good for redness and scars

The V beam laser is supposed to help shallow scars, hypertrophic scars, facial veins and redness from Rosacea.

Has anyone heard about the V Beam good or bad stories?

ANyone have good links with info on Vbeam and smooth beam?

Do smoothbeam

im seeing 40% in imrpovments

and ive only had one session

its the 2nd week too only.

Redness is practically gone

and my acne has been reduced by like 85% so far.

Hello50,

Send smoothbeam a picture to put on their website to encourage others if you are having so much improvement....

Oddly enough, why don't you post pics here to show all this improvement...maybe that will help others more than your cheerleading!

Do smoothbeam

im seeing 40% in imrpovments

and ive only had one session

its the 2nd week too only..

NO COMMENT :evil:#

Thanks Hello, but my redness is from veins and Rosacea and not acne. I may use a combination of smoothbeam and Vbeam or just Vbeam.

Imbue,

My doc has started giving me v-beam first then smoothbeam to combat redness. I don't know which is doing what but the redness is down ALOT. Your probably best with a combination if you have both scars (indented) and redness. My doc says v-beam doesn't do much for scarring that is what the smoothbeam is for but the vbeam helps with acne and redness. I really like getting both... and yes, like I said the redness, is down ALOT. Hope that helps :)

to Marytherasa,

Are you saying red marks from previous breakouts or general redness? Will it help red/brown marks??

red marks from previous breakouts or general redness?

Both actually. Plus, a small broken capillary that I had also disappeared. Works real well on any redness problem it seems.

Hi,

thanks for the info. I hiave one more question. Is there any downtime? Will it completely remove red marks or just fadethem a little bit? Where do you live? i live in alabama and i am not sure if any of the doctors here have one.

Very little downtime - my face was red after (but that may have been due to the smoothbeam rather than the vbeam, I had both remember) that faded in about two hours. My doc is in New Jersey. I think it completely removes red marks. Some of mine are completely gone and others are very, very slight after the vbeam but I only had one vbeam (two smoothbeams and one vbeam). I am due for a nother session of vebeam followed by smoothbeam on Friday morning.

Mary, I've been looking for a Doc that does both Vbeam and smoothbeam. Where is your Doc in NJ?

My doc is in Marlton New Jersey - do you want her name and number?

Hi,

Can you give me her number/email id,please? I have many red marks (50-60 of them)and some ice pick scarring. The skin looks very uneven because of these red marks. I dont have active acne though. How much does she charge per session? Did you have severe scarring(i mean red marks)? Can you let me know,please

Mary

Yes Thanks! Could you PM me please with her name at least. Thanks so much! You did say you were happy with her skills? :-s

Dim99992

I think you should consider doing a local TCA peel in your ice pic scars first. Lasers and peels can make ice pics worse if they are wider scars at a lower level. You need to raise the ice pics up to the surface as close as possible before doing laser or peeling to improve your scars.

Sure.

Her name is Dr. Chaudhry, MD

Her address is 8004 Lincoln Drive West, Suite H, Marlton, New Jersey 08053. Her phone number is 856-988-8230/8233.

Her website is www.southjerseylaser.com

I must warn you though - if you're not familiar with New Jersey, her office is a B*tch to find. I get lost EVERY time I go. You'll get close, no problem, and then suddenly you won't be able to find her office. #-o Seriously. The roads in NJ are so confusing - give yourself plenty of time to get there if you make an appointment and if you do get lost get a federal express or UPS person to help you (every week I have to get one of those people to help me get to her office). Also bring a cell phone so you can call the office and have them help you if you are lost and so you can tell them that you are late 'cause you are lost.

Other than that I like her so far. I will pm you my name so you can tell her that I referred you.

Seriously. The roads in NJ are so confusing - give yourself plenty of time to get there if you make an appointment and if you do get lost get a federal express or UPS person to help you (every week I have to get one of those people to help me get to her office). Also bring a cell phone so you can call the office and have them help you if you are lost and so you can tell them that you are late 'cause you are lost.

LOL This is so true! I hate NJ's road signs because I get lost every time I go to NJ for anything. I think the Turnpike is espeically designed to confuse New Yorkers.

Thanks Mary! I may not be going for a while, but I will probably go for a consult. I have to wait sometime after having this local TCA peel before doing any lasering. Are you in NY or do you come much further to NJ?

I actually live in New Jersey. Hopefully not for much longer, though - we are looking to go back to PA. I commute to Philly for work.

Dim99992

I think you should consider doing a local TCA peel in your ice pic scars first. Lasers and peels can make ice pics worse if they are wider scars at a lower level. You need to raise the ice pics up to the surface as close as possible before doing laser or peeling to improve your scars.

Imbue,

thanks for the info. I really dont mind with the ice-pick scarring but the redness(sunburnt/flushed look) and the red scars(they are flat, just discolorations) is driving me nuts. I will be happy if i can get rid of those.

marytheres,

I have read your other posts too and glad that you are seeing results with the smoothbeam. Thanks for all the info. Which one is helping you with the red/brown spots v-beam or smoothbeam? please correct me if i am wrong, but From your posts i understand that smoothbeam is for acne scars (shallow) and v-beam is for acne spots (red marks/discoloratoin). If its V-beam that is helping you with the spots then i think i will just go for V-beam.

I am going to call the doc this week and see if she can treat me the same day as i live in AL.

To marytheres,

I am going to call your doc today and see what she has tto say about my red marks. Can i tell her that you referred me??

Mary exactly what sort of redness did you have treated and what sort of scars?

I hope this e-mail finds everyone well. I actually went in for a consultation with dr. chaudhry as well. However, I was worried about the increase exposure to the sun my skin was getting during the summer months. So I am planning on having it done in a few months. She said I am a good candidate for smoothbeam, as I have little to moderate acne and shallow scarring on my cheeks. I work literally right near her office in NJ and it can be a pain to get there if you don't know exactly where it is. She seemed really nice though. I am curious as to what your impressions are of her after a few treatments. I will more than likely be getting smoothbeam done during the winter and I am just curious about your reactions to her personally and your results. Thanks for your time guys.

Fight until hell freezes over...then fight on the ice

Mark