Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Renny

creatine and accutane

I am on my first course of tane, 40mg a day, about three weeks in. I have heard different views of taking creatine and accutane. I was cycling creatine, month on month off, I was supposed to go back on it last week, but havent because I am not sure about the effects of it with tane. Is it safe or alright to use, my dosage is 5mg in morning, 5mg at night with food (im talking about creatine) also, i drink protein shakes, twice a day, for total of 3 scoops a day. I dont know if this is alright, might be a bit much. I am working out 4x a week, I might up it to 5x, but I have found I cant lift quite as much for some muscles b/c of tane making my body sore. Please, people who know anything about this, if u can tell me or show me some info it would be much appreciated!!! :)

Hey dude.....i ws taking creatine also...along with protein shakes....if you have been doing this alot before tane you should be fine..but i wouldnt recommend starting out while on tane as an increase in the total calories that you consume on a regular basis can increase release of insulin like growth serum and increase testosterone levels = breakout.

But other than that protein shakes are fine. Creatine you have to be careful as the added creatine i the muscles stores a large amount of water. Not only will this increase you weight as you ahve greater fluid stores, it will also make you extermely dehydrated while on tane. Personally i would not use creatine on tane....but if you drink enough tane and manage your schedule effectively, you should ok

creatine really dehydrates u ... makes u cranky... i would totally not recommend on tane, i was on it for 6months and yeah i got gains took it as recommended (5g a day) but... i found just taking coffee and more protein has the same benefits ... specially on tane

Taking creatine while on 'tane is fine. You'll just need to drink more water. You might also break out because of the initial increase in testosterone. I took creatine last year for a couple of months but stopped because of the breakouts I was getting. Now that I'm on 'tane I might go back on creatine because my acne is controlled.

1. Creatine does not increase testosterone.

2. Creatine on Accutane is not a good idea. They both tax your liver.

3. Eat everything you can get your hands on and you will have no need for creatine

That is all.

thx guys for the info. I know, I should just eat a lot and it will take place of the creatine, but Im stuck at 160 for a while, and being almost 6'3 its kinda thin. Im trying to get to at least 170 in the next 2 monthes max, but without creatine, it might take longer, since i was taking 10g of creatine a day, if i go down to 5g would that be a tolerable dose for my liver, or is any creatine monohydrate too much. Also, I know I would get more dehydrated. In terms of the breakouts, ive heard mixed thoughts, so Im not sure, again, I am wondering if a 5g does compared to a 10g does would change anything, unless of course it doesnt affect ur testosterone. thx

thx guys for the info. I know, I should just eat a lot and it will take place of the creatine, but Im stuck at 160 for a while, and being almost 6'3 its kinda thin. Im trying to get to at least 170 in the next 2 monthes max, but without creatine, it might take longer, since i was taking 10g of creatine a day, if i go down to 5g would that be a tolerable dose for my liver, or is any creatine monohydrate too much. Also, I know I would get more dehydrated. In terms of the breakouts, ive heard mixed thoughts, so Im not sure, again, I am wondering if a 5g does compared to a 10g does would change anything, unless of course it doesnt affect ur testosterone. thx

you should just do it the natural way by eating a ton of food... good food... you're gonna lose most of your gains after you stop creatine.

3. Eat everything you can get your hands on and you will have no need for creatine

That is all.

1. Creatine does not directly increase testosterone. It will indrectly increase your body's natural production of testosterone. Because your lifting more and doing more work, your body will increase testosterone production. If you sit an your a$$ all day and take creatine, then your body will not produce more testosterone.

2. They both do tax your liver. But that's why we take blood tests monthly. OP, you are taking monthly blood tests, right? If not, then adding muscle is the least of your worries.

3. Eating everything you can is a great way of getting fat. You will gain muscle, though. Eat clean foods that are 500 calories above your daily normal calorie rate which you don't gain or lose weight.

You ideally want to have the creatine shuttled into your muscles instead of floating around your blood making your liver clean it out. So take it with a sugary drink like grape fruit juice after your workout to force the creatine into your muscles. Unless you weigh 200 pounds, 5g should be enough to saturate your muscles. Your muscles won't take anymore once they are saturated. I also wouldn't do the loading phase just to be safe.

Word.

That is all.

1. Creatine does not directly increase testosterone. It will indrectly increase your body's natural production of testosterone. Because your lifting more and doing more work, your body will increase testosterone production. If you sit an your a$$ all day and take creatine, then your body will not produce more testosterone.

2. They both do tax your liver. But that's why we take blood tests monthly. OP, you are taking monthly blood tests, right? If not, then adding muscle is the least of your worries.

3. Eating everything you can is a great way of getting fat. You will gain muscle, though. Eat clean foods that are 500 calories above your daily normal calorie rate which you don't gain or lose weight.

You ideally want to have the creatine shuttled into your muscles instead of floating around your blood making your liver clean it out. So take it with a sugary drink like grape fruit juice after your workout to force the creatine into your muscles. Unless you weigh 200 pounds, 5g should be enough to saturate your muscles. Your muscles won't take anymore once they are saturated. I also wouldn't do the loading phase just to be safe.

Word.

thx, I've decided that I will go ahead and resume my creatine cycling, I am not gonna do the loading phase because last time it gave me the most deformed abs, lol, like a skinny man's potbelly. However, I am gonna wait a few days, as I am having my blood test and then seeing the derm. I will also ask him for his opinion on the matter. If all seems well, I'll do the 5g a day for a month, then off, repeat. If I seem to start breaking out, I will probably stop, but also, my derm said he will probably up my dosage to 60, we weill see.

If you're not gaining weight, creatine will not help you. Get your diet worked out before you bother wasting your money (and liver) on creatine. If you are not gaining weight, you are not eating enough.

Creatine will be fine. All it really does it make your body retain more water which is probably a good thing seeing the tane dehydrates.

You obviously have no idea how creatine works if all you think it does is make you retain water. Maybe you should reserve your comments to things you know about, and things that won't endanger someone else's health.

Yes i do, during exercise the muscle's primary fuel, ATP loses a phosphate group and becomes ADP .Creatine, when present in the muscle in sufficient amounts donates a phosphate group to ADP and it rapidly retransforms to ATP which is the immediately available to the muscle to be used a fuel for exercise.

Creatine and Accutane will be fine to take together.

Yes i do, during exercise the muscle's primary fuel, ATP loses a phosphate group and becomes ADP .Creatine, when present in the muscle in sufficient amounts donates a phosphate group to ADP and it rapidly retransforms to ATP which is the immediately available to the muscle to be used a fuel for exercise.

Ahhh.... the power of google.

You're right though, it will PROBABLY be fine but why risk it? And to reply to your earlier comment, the fact that your body retains more water on creatine will not keep you hydrated. In fact, creatine is very dehydrating itself so that would only worsen the problem.

But what the hell, I drank like a fish while I was on accutane and I'm not dead so that must be ok too.

Im on accutane and drink and my liver tests always come back ok.

Creatine sux anyway, the few extra reps you push out just aint worth drinking that disgusting stuff.

Accutane works your liver hard.

Creatin kills your liver with tane.....decide

alright,

1. altough u retain water with creatine, your net tissue water % drops, since all the water is fixed in your muscles...

2. the testosterone issue was explained by this guy up in the post. and he is right.

3. the most important issue is the liver:

both tax your liver... don'T get to crazy about your body...

when i was 15 i weighted 210 fat and i wwas 5'9"

i dropped to 145 for 6'1", 17 years old.... and now im 175 pounds 10% body fat 19 years old... i looking for 6% body fat 180-185 pounds...

with only protein shakes and motivation... and i hace to admit genetics arent on my side at all... so better keep it clean dude... cuz the liver thing is pretty important!

why would u waste ur money on that shit anyway. i admit i was stupid once when i was younger and first got into lifting i bought all the stupid supplements and wasted alot of money. dude take it from someone who knows creatine is a waste of money. the only thing u need is good food and a basic whey protein and ur set. dont kid urself there is not going to be any increase and testosterone from creatine (nothing significant) and yea it makes u store water but its not going to dehydrate u too much. basically apart from protein powders the only "supplement" thats worht the money are steroids and dont go down that path just yet. my best friend own a few supplement stores here in aus and i cant help laughing my ass of at some of the dumb teenagers that come in and spend all their saving on useless supplements, dont be stupid bro.

I think the chemically you are OK to take creatine and Tane at the same time.......but just one thing I personally noticed is that creatine broke me out. It gave me acne everytime I took it. I dont normally get cystic acne but I would start getting cysts on it and I looked it up and saw that it is a common side effect for some people to develop or worsen acne while on creatine so just a thought. If that isnt a problem for you then go for it. But jsut something to think about while you are taking this medicine to fight acne you dont need to do anything else to provoke acne

why would u waste ur money on that shit anyway. i admit i was stupid once when i was younger and first got into lifting i bought all the stupid supplements and wasted alot of money. dude take it from someone who knows creatine is a waste of money.

just to clarify this for myself, protein shakes are okay right?

also which is better? regular protein or whey?

i'm kind of new to the working out thing. i've just been doing it for uhm... 3 months i think? but it's been awesome and i'm probably gonna do it for the rest of my life. haha.

i'm kind of new to the working out thing. i've just been doing it for uhm... 3 months i think? but it's been awesome and i'm probably gonna do it for the rest of my life. haha.