Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acneman

Pimples on lips

This is soo annoying. Since the past week I've been getting pimples on my lips. They grow on the area between the skin and lip. They are barely noticeable but they hurt a lot. They turn white with pus after 2 days and then they go away. I dont think these are cold sores since they look just like pimples and they're very small.

I'm thinking it's something I've been eating lately. Recently, I've been putting a lot of mustard in my salads. Also I've been eating those Guilt Free ice cream sandwiches, but not that many. I also started drinking those Jack Daniel's Country Cocktails, so maybe its the alcohol but I dont know. In addition I stopped taking my multi-vitamins.

Anyone else has experienced this before? How did you cure it?

Argh! I get these sometimes too, it's not really how they look, more how they feel, for me they are really painful, like a different pain compared to the other spots.

I havn't really found a way to prevent them , i don't get many so i've just had to bare them. :evil:

its either a cold sore or...herpes...i dont know anyone who got a regular zit on the lip.

I occasionaly get pimples there...it's the skin above your lips...between the lip. Its awful.....it looks so nasty and gross. I hate it! And mine ALWAYS leave a red mark!

I occasionaly get pimples there...it's the skin above your lips...between the lip. Its awful.....it looks so nasty and gross. I hate it! And mine ALWAYS leave a red mark!

Hahaha! Dude, I hope you learned your lesson! No more sucking pee-pees for you!

Very funny, but no, I've never had sexual intercourse. So I know it's not herpes.

Do you wear lip balm?  Sometimes the oils in lip balm can clog the pores around your lips.

I dont put on lipbalm.

I've gotten pimples there before. They hurt really bad and you can't pop them cause it's so painful and it always makes you sneeze. I don't really think there's much you can do except wait for them to go away... If you're getting lots lately, I would start paying attention to anything odd that might be coming in contact with your lips that hasn't in the past.

I've gotten pimples there before.  They hurt really bad and you can't pop them cause it's so painful and it always makes you sneeze.  I don't really think there's much you can do except wait for them to go away... If you're getting lots lately,  I would start paying attention to anything odd that might be coming in contact with your lips that hasn't in the past.

I started using Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar a couple of weeks ago. You think my lips are reacting bad to it? I used Cetaphil Cleansing Bar before.

Yeah, It's definately a possiblity if you noticed the pimples popping up about the same time. just try switching back for a while and see if it goes away, then you'll know for sure! :) best of luck.

ya it realy hurts around the lips, but not as painful as when u get it inside ur nose or inside ur ear ( very rare) tell me if uve experienced this

i gotten them right by my lip also. I pop them though. it hurst like a bitch when you pop them, but it makes them go away faster and hurt less.

About the pimples in your nose and ears, I have had a few. Too pop the ones on the inside of my nose i had to use one finger to kinda peel my nose back so i can see the inside.. And stick the straight non pointy end of nail clippers on the other end of the pimple and pop it...works well.

For the ones in your ear, i think ive gotten 2 or 3 of those in my lifetime. I remember 1 i got, i finally popped it and it felt SOOOO good. And i went back in the mirror every like 20 minutes and i was able to squeeze more pus out of it everytime...weird.

tartar control toothpaste messes up your lips...for some people. i had a terrible time when i used it, until a makeup artist told me that was the cause

I thought all toothpastes have tartar control.

nope, I have to make sure I buy the ones that only have flouride...TC makes my lips horrendous!! I suspect alot of people react badly to it and don't know it.

I also started chewing 1-2 pieces a day of Wrigley's Extra Chewing Gum when my breakout around lips started. I'm going to stop chewing gum for about a week and will keep you posted.

This is just FYI

It could be a coldsore, which is cause by the herpes type 1 virus. It's nothing to get upset about - approximately 70% of the adult american population carries herpes 1, and a lot of people carry it latently after getting it from kissing their parents when they were young. You might want to mention it to your doctor next time you go in and find out if that's really the case - the point is to find an effective treatment, right?

By the way, herpes 1 can be transmitted to the genitals, becomming the dreaded type 2. So no unprotected oral sex until you have it checked out, OK?

Hope it turns out to be just pimples!

Well I stopped chewing gum for a couple of days and the pimples on my lips were gone. I dont know if this was a coincidence or not but as soon as I stopped chewing gum they were gone. In fact I even started eating more mustard so it must not have been the mustard.

Hahaha! Dude, I hope you learned your lesson! No more sucking pee-pees for you

What is wrong with you? Were do you see the funny part in this? You can have acne on your lips. I have gotten some on my lips before, but not realy on the lip. I have gotten them on the border were the skin meets the lip. I noticed that I would get them when I would use chapstick, or carmex, so I stopped using those and no more for me.

I used to get blackheads on the borders of my lips. Man, it was annoying and very painful to squeeze them out, which I probably shouldn't have been doing! Using BP has helped cut down on the number of these I have. It makes sense that it would be caused by toothpaste, I will look out for tarter control in the future. Good luck controlling them!

I also get pimples on my lips - and they are definitely a terrible experience. I have mild to moderate acne and I have to say that the worst place for a pimple is on the lip. This is not a coldsore, the pimple is right on the lipline, almost a perfect straddle between the regular skin on the face and the red skin on the lip.

These are hard bright-red pimples that take days to heal. The ones that pop are the quick healers, especially if you apply hydrogen peroxide right after you pop one. It will sting but it will also promote healing and kill off the bacteria inside of the pimple.

I have found several causes:

1. Oily or greasy food. If you eat this kind of food, be sure to either wash your face or at least wash your lips. I have found that not washing my lips after eating any kind of pore-clogging food can lead to not one but two or three lip pimples.

2. Chapstick. I have found that any kind of lip balm or chapstick will cause blemishes, especially on the lipline and chin area. This is probably due to the lanolin in most lip balms. Lanolin is an oil that is known to clog pores... and for acne prone skin... this is the equivalent of feeding acne.

3. Gum. The sticky residue and sugar from gum ends up on the lips and once again, can clog pores. Avoid gum if you are prone to lipline acne.

That said, I find it difficult to follow my second rule (avoiding chapstick and lip balm) because my lips get very dry in the winter. I managed to find a lip "conditioner" that doesn't contain lanolin but no dice - I am currently fighting off two terrible lipline pimples. Everyone thinks they are cold sores, but they are not. Cold sores don't eventually pop spewing the typical white sebum and puss. Anyway, I have thrown the lip conditioner away and will just have to deal with dry, peeling lips because I'd rather have dry lips than lipline acne.