Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
el_scorcho

good idea 2 use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion w/ PROACTIV?

I've been using Proactiv for about a month and I've seen a big difference. But now, I got all these red spots all over and I wanna get rid of 'em.

So, I hear the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion is good for fading these red spots.

Would it be a good idea to use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion with Proactiv?

I'll be done with Proactiv in a month, maybe I'll buy one more pack if I really need it. Just gotta get rid of the damn red spots.

I do not have any information for you on whether you can use both products but I did notice that you said you would use Proactiv for another month if you needed it...all of the information that I've read says you need to continue on the Proactiv or whatever regimen you are on so you can control your acne. Just because your face is clear does not mean the acne is gone. I'm considering ordering Proactiv, what are your opinions on it?

i only have good things to say about it..

your face feels smooth and fresh after washin' it. most pimples will disappear faster, new ones rarely pop up. the thing is, it doesn't help red spots or scars so after all my pimples are gone, i have alot of red spots and scars.

i would still buy it if i were you. i think its for people with mild acne.

if you have a severe case of acne, i'd probably ditch proactiv and go with somethin stronger.

I prefer the Eucerin Renewal. It has lactic acid instead of the painful glycolic acid which neutrogena has. Lactic acid is more effective and more gentle. The first lotion I used was the Healthy Skin, and OUCH it stung. I thought it would go away with time but it happened everytime. But, witht he Eucerin, it is great! My red marks are nearly gone. :) Good luck.

This question is for el scorcho...what type of acne did you have, if you don't mind me asking. I have cysts and the only problem area seems to be my chin, every now and then I will get one on my cheek. I'm just wondering if Proactiv will work for this type of acne. I read the success stories on their website but of course all I heard was the pros. A few of the people on the site had cystic acne but I'm trying to find out more information from people that have used it before. I read on another post that neutrogena multivitamin acne treatment is supposed to work great for getting rid of the red spots. As soon as I get to that point, I'm gonna give it a shot. Thanks again! O:)

i have a mild case of acne, but its gone to mild to not that bad.

it's just the red spots that make my face look bad.

For you, your acne doesnt sound *THAT* bad. A few on the cheek and some on the chin. Just use Proactiv day and night, so thats 2 times a day.

Be sure to read the manual and listen to everything they have to say.

You'll probably see results within 2 weeks. If it looks like its not working(which i doubt), keep using it. Dont let that money go to waste and you never know what can happen.

*The package is supposed to last 2 months for most people* if you don't see results, I'd go and buy more. If it just got worse by the end of 2 months, you probably should go your dermatologist.

I use both products together, and yes it is a good idea, but make sure you get the one with the SPF15 atleast, make sure its a sunscreen. I use the proactiv 3 step program, then i let the lotion soak in for about 5-10 minutes, then i apply the face lotion.. Also, a good idea would be to use an at home microdermabrasion.