Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenew

running out of cefuroxime

About a month and 2 weeks ago my dermatoligist put me on an antibiotic called cefuroxime. This antibiotic helped improve my acne condition greatly. I went from having acne pretty bad like waking up with several pimples to now having it moderately and its starting to become mild. I still get a few but not nearly as bad as it use to be. But now I am worried because my perscription is running out and I want to stick with this antibiotic that has helped me out so much. The perscription will be done at the end of the month with no refils. I think I will go back to my dermatoligist and ask for a refil, I just hope he gives it to me. Any advice on convincing a derm to give me more refils, most people say they get to have antibiotics for 6 months I only got 2. and if he doesnt should i try a different derm? I guess Im just scared cause I dont want to go back to when my acne was severe my life was horrible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you!!

Well it should be easy - call your derm's office and tell them you are out of refills and would like another. They will probably call it in for you unless your derm didn't want you on it for longer - in that case they will probably say you need to come in so the derm can see you (how you're progressing etc)

Just make the phone call and don't worry!