SMOKING

MemberMember
(@namkrow19)

Posted : 12/04/2005 4:18 pm

just wondering, but i smoke a pack a day. don't really have horrible skin...just got it recently unfortunatley. i always had great skin though my teen years and now i'm 19 and getting it?! for god's sake, i thought i was safe!!! but yeah, ya think smoking may be a cause for it?

MemberMember
(@kellsywells)

Posted : 12/04/2005 4:32 pm

just wondering, but i smoke a pack a day. don't really have horrible skin...just got it recently unfortunatley. i always had great skin though my teen years and now i'm 19 and getting it?! for god's sake, i thought i was safe!!! but yeah, ya think smoking may be a cause for it?

You sound like your not a happy smoker!

I smoked for 10 years and gave up in June. My skin is no better really acne wise although it does appear a bit brighter. I feel fabulous though!!! Go on - You can do it!!!!!

MemberMember
(@namkrow19)

Posted : 12/04/2005 4:41 pm

believe me woman, i'm trying!!! it's just the routine ya know? verrry hard to break. but i'm confident. and yes, i know i will feel so much better about myself and just in general. and it's only been 3 years, some people have smoked for 20 years and quit. i can do it too!!!

MemberMember
(@trainboxer)

Posted : 12/04/2005 10:43 pm

No mean to deter you from quiting, because you really should. But my skin became about 10xs worse acne-wise this time that I quit. I think it has to do with bowel movements. Smoking always brought on an urge for me to use the restroom. After I quit, my colon has became pretty sluggish. I do look a little younger though maybe since made it very hard for my eyes to heal after crying or whatnot. Under my eyes would become black and blue and very puffy. When I quit smoking, it doesn't get that bad. But I still have the dark circles left over from the swelling that I got from that period.

MemberMember
(@repetition)

Posted : 12/05/2005 4:28 am

I started smoking recently, and it slightly improved my acne. Perhaps it was pure coincidence.

MemberMember
(@leojohn)

Posted : 12/05/2005 6:31 am

I quit smoking after 10 years.

All smokers out there, take my advice and do the same !

It's expensive, and bad for you - we all know that. I just

recently lost a close relative due to smoking. He died of

blocked airways due to many years of smoking !

Be healthy.

LeoJohn

MemberMember
(@oranjoose)

Posted : 12/05/2005 12:15 pm

I started smoking recently, and it slightly improved my acne. Perhaps it was pure coincidence.

tisk tisk. No flames though (no pun intended).

MemberMember
(@butterfly8124)

Posted : 12/06/2005 2:36 pm

Smoking ALWAYS made my acne worse!!! It also caused spider veins around and on my nose. When I quit, they start to lighten up.

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 12/06/2005 3:06 pm

Eventually, smoking is going to affect your skin's ability to heal, and you may end up with bad pits and scars.

Do yourself a favor ... take a look at some longtime smokers. Note their horrible skin tone and nasty yellowed teeth.

Stay young and gorgeous longer. Quit now!

Q

MemberMember
(@whyteout)

Posted : 12/06/2005 4:47 pm

I occasionally smoke cigars/colts and i noticed after about 3 days I get a shitload more whiteheads

MemberMember
(@jondangerous)

Posted : 12/07/2005 10:58 pm

smoking makes me break out every time

MemberMember
(@h0ppy)

Posted : 12/08/2005 12:06 am

Smoking puts an extra burden on your liver. It's your liver's job to filter out toxins, cleanse the blood, produce bile, hormones, vitamins... I could go on and on. I'd say it's the most important organ. So stop polluting yourself! Our environment is already filled with toxins... so why add more?

MemberMember
(@celeste)

Posted : 12/08/2005 1:53 am

Depends on the person. My friend who smokes and has smoked for years now has the most flawless skin I've EVER seen. She has nilch marks and a great glow. The only signs of smokin is a cough every so often.

But... I never have understood the joy of smokin (and yes, I've tried smokin numerous times), it just seems like a toll on the wallet for an extra habit. The good thing is, anytime you want to stop, ur lungs will completely replace themselves in a span of 6 months, so ur pretty much as good as new after that.. well perhaps with a few smokin lines around the mouth or sth, but we all get wrinkles in the end.

MemberMember
(@chris1982)

Posted : 12/14/2005 10:04 am

Smoking may have little or no effect on acne whatsoever. I doubt you will really care about your acne when you have lung cancer or emphysema.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/14/2005 12:11 pm

i went to the doctors the other day about my acne. the first thing he said was "do you smoke".

nuff said.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 11/09/2019 4:21 am

Smoking and alcohol are the two worst things for your skin. Water and exercise are the two best things for your skin. Do it.