Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OzPower

What's your biggest injury!

Ok me, i'm on a mates garage roof back when i'm like 13 or so. I'm playing chasey with his sister, naughty kind! Anyway not noticing the crack in the roof i run over this section and it gives way!

By some act of god i miss all the tools and sharp objects scattered everywhere and land in the only open spot down below on solid concrete.

Busted my ankle up pretty bad. Still scarred by those events today, nightmares never cease...

:)

Ok me, i'm on a mates garage roof back when i'm like 13 or so. I'm playing chasey with his sister, naughty kind! Anyway not noticing the crack in the roof i run over this section and it gives way!

By some act of god i miss all the tools and sharp objects scattered everywhere and land in the only open spot down below on solid concrete.

Busted my ankle up pretty bad. Still scarred by those events today, nightmares never cease...

Was playing on my Gran's farm when I was about 6-7. There was a fallen down tree where me and my sister used to make camp. ANyway, one day I was running along the horizontal trunk when I slipped and fell - piece of tree jabbed into my head!

Being quite a tough kid I just got up and walked back to the cow shed where my Gran was - not realising my face was covered in blood, thinking about it now I guess I might have had shock. My gran freaked out big time, took me back to the house and started to patch me up. Obviously the cut it quite nasty - Requiring stitches definately. She decides (after watching casualty I recon) to put a 'butterfly plaster' on it. Now I remember thislike it was yesterday, get this - she cut a regular elastoplast in the shape of a butter fly and stuck it on my head!!!!! I still have the scar which is kind of knobbely and about 1cm square!!!

on holiday in cyprus a few years back, sliped backwars onto marble flooring (wet feet after coming out the swimming pool and i was semi running doh) hit my head very very hard, my family rushed me to a hospital there had xrays and that i didnt understand a word the doctor was saying but thankfully an english one arived shortly afterit ruined the holiday though.

Guest pop tarts

Accidently cut my arm trying to open a package and it wouldn't stop bleeding. Needed butterfly bandages and a week to heal. :wacko:

Guest Mish Mosh

I dislocated my shoulder for the 4th time whilst driving on the motorway during the rush hour from Portsmouth to Southampton in April this year. I was in the middle lane and I swerved in the slow lane and hardsholder in secs without thinking. My car ended up half way down a bank. God must have been looking after me, as to this day I have no idea how I didnt cause a pile up. I was convinced I was going to die. Anyway I had a nice ride into hospital with sirens and everything. Im still off sick and in a lot of pain due to torn ligaments. Oh and NHS waiting lists and physiotherapy sucks.

Guest Mish Mosh

IPB Image

I am a member of the Adam Fan club

Guest Freaky_T

10 years old. Catching frogs at a swamp. Fell. There was a piece of wood with a nail in it. Nail went through hand. Lots of healing time.

10 years old. Catching frogs at a swamp. Fell. There was a piece of wood with a nail in it. Nail went through hand. Lots of healing time.

OUCH. :doh:

Last december I was riding my friend's horse...when I asked her to canter (a gait between a trot and a gallop), the horse let out two giant bucks, on the second one I went flying into the wall and hit my hip, then fell to the ground and cracked my tailbone. Then I had to drive home over gravel roads. :shifty: I passed out later because of the pain! (I'm kind of a wimp...)

Guest Freaky_T

OUCH. :doh:

Last december I was riding my friend's horse...when I asked her to canter (a gait between a trot and a gallop), the horse let out two giant bucks, on the second one I went flying into the wall and hit my hip, then fell to the ground and cracked my tailbone. Then I had to drive home over gravel roads. :shifty: I passed out later because of the pain! (I'm kind of a wimp...)

Psht, I can incorporate a horse into my injury story too. For example, I was actually riding a horse when I got the nail through my hand. An Arabian, a beautiful horse let me tell you.

But anyway, I'm glad you weren't more seriously injured...I have a friend that just had to miss an entire year of university because of the exact same thing.

I guess I was pretty lucky...I fell right next to the horse's hooves, she could have trampled me or something. My tailbone actually healed pretty fast, usually they take forever. It still hurts if I sit in the same position for too long. I wish I would have just stayed aboard...

Guest Freaky_T

I guess I was pretty lucky...I fell right next to the horse's hooves, she could have trampled me or something. My tailbone actually healed pretty fast, usually they take forever. It still hurts if I sit in the same position for too long. I wish I would have just stayed aboard...

Did you go and see a doctor afterwards at all??

And the Leafs blow. Did you notice the Senators are 20-4....seriously, switch teams.

Did you go and see a doctor afterwards at all??

And the Leafs blow. Did you notice the Senators are 20-4....seriously, switch teams.

I went to the hospital that night, passed out right at the reception desk in the ER, still didn't get in 2 hours later, so we went home and I went to my GP in the morning. Got tylenol 3's and some x-rays...and had to sit on a piece of foam at school. :eh:

Pffft, no way. No Sens for me. Plus, Kyle Wellwood on the Leafs grew up a couple streets down from me, I went to grade school with him, and went and watched him at all his OHL games. Can't break tradition now especially, can I? :wub:

Guest Freaky_T

is that some sort of team?

Hockey hockey hockey hockey hockey hockey.

You know, the UK does have their own league too...

www.eliteleague.co.uk

Guest Freaky_T

ice hockey gets no media here

Marry me?

Guest Freaky_T

ice hockey gets no media here

Marry me?

Don't marry him, he's a Sens fan.

Kidding. Sort of. :D

:shock: