Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AccutaneGrl

just finished accutane

hey everyone! I just finished my 5 month course on accutane. My doses were 40, 60, 60, 80, 80 and im a 19 year old female, 5'6", 120 lbs. I am pleased with the results because I do not have any more pimples and have not gotten any new breakouts. However, I am left with red marks which are the only things making me unconfident about my skin still. I think they look just as bad as having pimples. I really hope they will fade soon. If they dont fade on their own then does anyone know if theres anything i can do to get rid of them (lasers, etc?).

anyways...i just wanted to update everyone and let them know how my course went. as far as side effects go...i had nothing but chapped lips for the first 3 months, but then as i raised my dose up to 80 my lips got HORRIBLE and even my hands were getting chapped. Also...if i would go in the sun for even like 10 mins i would get really burnt (just remember to wear sunscreen even if ur only going to be out for a short period of time). Overall these side effects are very minor and totally worth it to get clear skin

for anyone who is on accutane or is going to start just be patient!! accutane WILL work!! Good luck!!

awesome ! do you have any like before/after photos for comparison ? my appt is the 16th with a new derm that does accutane so im hoping for great results - do share some pics !!

-henry

hi accutane girl:)

I finished 5months on 80mg but decided to go for an extra month to seal the deal. I got 2 pimples a few days before it ended and got paranoid it might come back.

Keep us updated on how you are doing post-accutane. I will also visit everyone when I finish

Did you have to take any after tane pills or supplements?