Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imbue

Treatment with Dr Rapaport

the good skin that was wiped with tca hopefully will not scar. it propably scab and falls off with new skin underneath.

Imbue; don't take this wrong but this is not a disaster. People have tca peels all the time; I DID MYSELF.

All you have to do is apply copper peptides and/or emu oil and the area should peel with no problem. If you don't have those, use some vaseline thinly to cover the area and it will crust over and peel. There is absolutely no need for you to think that the area will scar. If you take care of it, it should heal just fine.

No offense, but I think you are making way too much of this.

I hope I'm making a big deal about this and it doesn't scar. His assiatant is a moron and please don't let his stupid assistants touch your face.

I am so sorry to hear what happened. Let's hope that Denise is right and that this won't turn out to be a big deal. I've got my fingers crossed for you that it works out fine. [-o<

Guest niko

It shouldn't be a problem,

but if it is, I wonder what kind of compensation can be granted to you for this. I sound like a used car salesman

Imbue - hopefully there is no premanent damage and you will find that you recover from this... but at the same time, I think you should be phoning Dr R's office and registering a complaint - even go as far as asking Dr R to refund your money/give you free procedures.... and/or register the complaint with the professional bodies/organisations that Dr R belongs to.

Dear imbue,

I recently went to Dr. Rapaport for subcision, tca peel and the N-lite. I think on a couple of subcision spots, he cut into it deeper than necessary and the wound looks 3 times bigger than the actual scars. It's been 3 days since the surgery and I am still unable to wash off the ink mark. I would not recommend Dr. Rapaport to anyone because I felt that he wasn't very thorough with treating the number of scars I wanted to treat and that every time I asked him a question, I felt like I was comunicating with some robot. I think all he cares is about money and not the way he treats his patients.

Dr. Rapaport doesn't have an answering service? I find this strange for a doctor! I am sorry about your burn! Good luck.

Dr. Rapaport doesn't have an answering service? I find this strange for a doctor! I am sorry about your burn! Good luck.

Yes he does have an answering service and he never returned my call.

Thanks!

OK… Dr Rapaport's office called today and said the service gave him the wrong number. Alright, if everything goes wrong now maybe later it has to get better?

I'm glad that it looks better, imbue. Just be sure to keep it moist with vaseline or whatever and it should heal fine, even thought it was a high tca content.

Thanks Denise! Well it's still dark, but it's not depressed like it was on Saturday. I hope you were 100% right and I was over reacting about it. :)/

Thanks Denise, but Vaseline is almost never a good thing for skin because it doesn't allow skin to breathe.

By imbue:

Thanks Denise, but Vaseline is almost never a good thing for skin because it doesn't allow skin to breathe. I'm using the EMU oil and CP serum for now. I'm just not sure how or when to apply it.

Denise: great! That's wonderful!!! That will help tremendously. I was saying vaseline ONLY IF you didn't have those products. I agree, vaseline isn't good at all but in all honesty, the stuff they give you to apply after a tca peel is pretty much petrolatum with other stuff thrown in. I don't recommend it either, but keeping your skin moist is the key to having it heal properly and peel well also.

When all the scabs are off I’m planning on applying Retin A, CP and EMU oil. How do you think I should apply the Retin A, CP serum and EMU oil, in what order?

Denise: I put the copper peptides on then Retin A. I wait for about 20-30 minutes then apply emu oil. That's at night. During the day, I apply copper peptides and whatever topical I want to, and that would include a topical B5 vitamin or a manuka honey/oil gel.

Oh yeah, apply the copper peptides and emu oil at least 3 times a day to the area with tca burn. That will help a lot. As long as you apply the copper peptides and emu oil to that, you should heal GREAT! I'm glad you had those on hand, imbue, it will absolutely help tremendously.

Oh yeah, apply the  copper peptides and emu oil at least 3 times a day to the area with tca burn.  That will help a lot.  As long as you apply the copper peptides and emu oil to that, you should heal GREAT!  I'm glad you had those on hand, imbue, it will absolutely help tremendously.

Denise is totally right - I applied copper peptides and Emu oil around 5 times a day straight after I had subcision - on day 3, I was out and about, no swelling or bruising. The healing power of that combination is fantastic. Thanks Denise for giving such great advice :)

Well it's good to know it's not as bad as you thought; and as soon as I started reading this topic I thought you might have been overreacting. It's always frustrating during the downtime of all these kinds of procedures......we all just want to heal up fast so we can see the great results we are desperate for.

I had the same TCA/subcision procedure with Dr Rapaport last Thursday and Friday. His assistant that worked on me (I forget her name) was very helpful and answered all my questions; and I believe she did a very nice job in the preparation and aftermath of the procedure. I have no complaints with her at all.

The only thing that is frustating me now is that it's been almost a week since my subcision, and I'm still severly bruised in areas. Much more so than I thought it would be. But, as with most of these skin treaments, I have no choice but to be patient (as hard as that is), and hopefully the bruises will be gone in a few more days and I'll start seeing good results.

Well it's good to know it's not as bad as you thought; and as soon as I started reading this topic I thought you might have been overreacting. It's always frustrating during the downtime of all these kinds of procedures......we all just want to heal up fast so we can see the great results we are desperate for.

Well, he has many assistants so maybe that one was more competent.

Did Dr R treat all the scars you wanted treated? Maybe he has a reason why he didn't treat all of mine, but didn't tell me. Many fail to explain these matters to patients all the time.

Yeah....he treated all the scars that I wanted treated. He marked all the scars that he was gonna treat with a blue marker, then he gave me a mirror and asked if there were any other spots I think he might have missed. And there was only one that I saw that he didn't mark; but after I pointed it out to him he did treat it.

I thought you might have been overreacting

I don't think you were ever overreacting.... For the amount of money that that man charges, Neither he nor any of his assistants should be making such careless mistakes. =;