Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletethisnameplz

My Derm just said

My mom just talked to my Derm cuz she had a bunch of questions about my red marks and what not and the sun and what to eat vs. what not to eat.

In the midst of all of this my Derm suggested Accutane, to which my mom responded that acne wasn't my concern and that the combination of Differin and Doxy has been getting me pretty clear. My Derm said that red marks are caused by a bacterium that is related to acne and that in using Accutane it would kill this bacteria, therefore, helping my red marks while also clearing my acne.

I like the idea of completely smooth skin, but has anyone ever heard of this bacteria causing red marks theory or of having Accutane prescribed to help red marks?

I have always thought that red marks were from underlying bacterial infections. The area is red because of the blood which is there trying to fight off the infection.

I'm not positive but i find whenever i dry my skin out my red marks look alot better, accutane is the biggest drying product out there and i would think it would eliminate the red marks either by purging them or drying the underlying tissue out.

My derm told me that it's part pigmentation and part blood vessels. There is laser options to treat the blood vessels such as IPL and VBEAM. I guess these procedures destroy the unwanted blood vessels that are making up most of the redness.

It really makes perfect sense because if you think about it....If this was just a pigmentation problem only, then why would it sometimes seem better then others?? Why if I get real hot from exercising or whatever and I look in the mirror it looks worst?? Because that's the blood vessels. Pigmentation wouldn't change if you got too hot. It's still important to use sunscreen religiously because it is a pigmentation problem as well. I guess there is nothing we can do to speed up the healing process of the blood vessel problem too. I think everybody is different though. Just because I have blood vessel problem with hyperpigmentation doesn't mean that everybody on here has the same. If you have the same symptoms as me though, sometimes red marks look better then others under same exact light (bathroom, etc) then I would have to say you are in the same boat as me; pigmentation disorder along with blood vessels.

My derm told me that it's part pigmentation and part blood vessels. There is laser options to treat the blood vessels such as IPL and VBEAM. I guess these procedures destroy the unwanted blood vessels that are making up most of the redness.

It really makes perfect sense because if you think about it....If this was just a pigmentation problem only, then why would it sometimes seem better then others?? Why if I get real hot from exercising or whatever and I look in the mirror it looks worst?? Because that's the blood vessels. Pigmentation wouldn't change if you got too hot. It's still important to use sunscreen religiously because it is a pigmentation problem as well. I guess there is nothing we can do to speed up the healing process of the blood vessel problem too. I think everybody is different though. Just because I have blood vessel problem with hyperpigmentation doesn't mean that everybody on here has the same. If you have the same symptoms as me though, sometimes red marks look better then others under same exact light (bathroom, etc) then I would have to say you are in the same boat as me; pigmentation disorder along with blood vessels.

Yeah I agree that that's what the problem is, but I've tried lasers and peels and shit to no avail :mad: . Oh well...

well what kind of laser did you try?? sometimes it takes more then 1 or 2 laser treatments to see significant results. Also daily use of sunscreen is very important to help the hyperpigmentation fade naturally without re-darkening.