Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Christina ~

Whats a really good spot treatment???

i woke up this morning with something unfortunate on my cheek by my cheekbone (weird that never happens) its not big and not a cyst and i do not pop.

any good spot treatments that really do the trick overnight that aren't too icky? i'll be at the pharmacy today (shoppers drug mart)

I heard positive reviews about Neutrogena's Clear Pore Gel which has 2% SA.

Also there is one that caught my attention maybe you would like to check that product out it's called Aveeno Clear Complexion Repair which has 1% SA with Vitamin A and it's supposed to clear up marks in a week and so on with continous use. This product goes for $15.99. Pretty expensive I feel like giving it a try. :)

hydrocortizone to take down swelling, SA to help dry it up.

I use manuka oil but only at night and that stuff smells like DEATH! but it works..

cool. i'll pick up the neutrogena i think. i can't feel anything under the skin. so frustrating. Otherwise i'd totally take the hydrocortisone (i have TONS of that) jsut a little mark but i've had a rough week and am going to a concert tomorrow and want to look nice :) my benzamycin is irritating my skin so i'm taking a break from it. $15.99 isn't bad at all for my budget (my benzamycin alone is 46.00 for the cream and my minocycline is 90.00 a month!)

i like aveeno becuase its uber sensitive (which i am) i'll check it out when i run out to the mall tonight.

moving tomorrow! last minute packing preparations! lol

side note!

my doctor once gave me neo medrol for spot treatment. holy crap is that stuff AWFUL its perscription, leaves a weird white film even if you only use a dab and it makes things WORSE. just thought i'd throw that in as what NOT to use for anyone else reading this thread.

I think you may want to go with the Aveeno. Only because I'm currently using their cleanser which contains soy...and surprisingly my small blemishes *I broke out last week* are fading away.

The Clear complexion repair has a light SA concentration, plus Vitamin A..seems to be the most effective if you want to help diminish that mark.

hey. i went to shoppers yesterday but when i talked to the cosmetician and she said she had something better than the clear pore stuff. its called vichy intense spot treatment and on the box it says it will take the redness away immediately and take the pimple away in 8-24 hours!!! plus theres a full money back guarantee so i went with that and the spot treatment pen which has a camuflauge factor in it to for use during the day. so i can use both. i'm going to see if this works....i'll totally post my results! right now i'm not usuing it as go figure...it cleared up :P but i got it ready for next time!!!

hey. i went to shoppers yesterday but when i talked to the cosmetician and she said she had something better than the clear pore stuff. its called vichy intense spot treatment and on the box it says it will take the redness away immediately and take the pimple away in 8-24 hours!!! plus theres a full money back guarantee so i went with that and the spot treatment pen which has a camuflauge factor in it to for use during the day. so i can use both. i'm going to see if this works....i'll totally post my results! right now i'm not usuing it as go figure...it cleared up :P but i got it ready for next time!!!

They always recomend vichy because it costs alot more and thats usually why they push it lol

I've been using Neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment for nearly six months now, and although it works amazingly for me, it's definitley NOT a spot treatment. It's a 2% SA gel... SA works by exfoliating, and it's lipid soluble so it can go into the pore. The effects of exfoliation are cumulative so you can't expect to dab it on an individual spot and it will disappear. You're supposed to apply it to the entire effected area. I saw results within a few days, skin was generally smoother. Also SA is proven to be really effective for clogged pores, which are not bacteria problems (ie blackheads, whiteheads) so if you're trying to zap a larger zit (bacteria problem) there are probably other methods (ie. BP) that will work faster, although I have had success with CONTINUED use of SA.

I've been using Neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment for nearly six months now, and although it works amazingly for me, it's definitley NOT a spot treatment.

I guess this is just more evidence of how acne (and acne treatments) really are different for different people. As I've said — and it was a complete surprise to me, too — the Clear Pore Treatment works amazingly well for me on a certain type of spots, even though that's not the purpose for which I originally bought it. The "On the Spot" BP cream works well to prevent acne in the future but does not, ironically, seem to do anything good for my spots once they have formed. Perhaps SA has some anti-inflammatory properties similar to aspirin. So far I can't explain how or why it works for me — but I can't deny that it does.

One question for lovely or anyone else who has seen continued use of CPT over a large area of skin: did you have any kind of initial breakout of whiteheads or small bumps appearing when you first used the product? I experienced this when I first used CPT all over my forehead. The went away over about a week and the skin there still looks good, so maybe it was doing what it's supposed to do. I'm just a little afraid to try it anywhere else at the moment.

~Zhanna~

One question for lovely or anyone else who has seen continued use of CPT over a large area of skin: did you have any kind of initial breakout of whiteheads or small bumps appearing when you first used the product? I experienced this when I first used CPT all over my forehead. The went away over about a week and the skin there still looks good, so maybe it was doing what it's supposed to do. I'm just a little afraid to try it anywhere else at the moment.

~Zhanna~

SA products should be used all over affected area twice daily. Week by week skin improves, wth continuous use (years) skin gets even better from what I've read of life long users.

An initial breakout does sometimes happen with 2% SA, but its a purge, they should clear up fast, u should continue a long as you are not irritated or super dry. A chart of the typical week by week affects on skin is on the drugstore.com for the product. Reviews by buyers is very good.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...x=28044&tab=0#0

Even 2% washes have been proven effective (unlike BP washes) not only for acne but dandruff!

I'm glad I ditched BP. I luv SA, its way gentler than BP.