Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wng

noob here. beginning The Regimen and a little background...

Hi all,

I'm glad I've found you! It sucks (and blows) to have to live with acne. I would say I've always been a borderline light to moderate, but it's gotten worse in the last few years (29 now). I've never had breakouts on my cheeks until this year. I've been on Retin-A, Differin, pretty much the gamut. Most recently, I was on BenzaClin, which helped clear me for the most part. Now, I'm left with those damn red/brown marks (my left cheek has nearly a perfect ring pattern of marks, weird! :-s) and just today, noticed a couple of shallow, light blemishes appearing and the Benzaclin's exhausted. Thus, I'm here and beginning Dan's regimen before I resort to going back to the (expensive) doc.

This year's been tough. I'm naturally a little self-conscious and the recent, more-intense breakouts have hit hard. I'm getting more and more weary of going out, seeing people. So I'm hoping The Regimen will work.

Look forward to interacting with you all.

Yeah, good luck, i've been doing the regime for just over a week now. Welcome to the club :evil:/

Hi wng, im sure we can all empathise we your situation, especially about the weariness of it all at times. Anyway you have come to the right place, good luck with the regimen.

Adam

I have never tried Dan's regimen, maybe cuz i dont think i can go through the redness stage like some people can. I just use honey and Salaynic acid (SP)..........and well its under control.......though i have some back acne that even though im using clearsil body wash.......still is not doing much... Im prone to getting nice cysts on my back. I dont know if thats some kinda of disease.if you get cysts alot.

Thanks, all. I'm a little red, a little blotchy today but nothing that warrants freaking out. The bp noticeably reduced a couple of small blemishes that were coming on, so that's nice. I might incorporate the Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Lotion into the regimen to see if I can fade my brown marks more quickly.

How's your progress, Ani and Animal?

Well i'm on day 11 now and i have seen a definite improvement compared to how my skin was before, it just generally seems beter all over, i have still had spots, usually because i've left too long between the day and night sessions, but on the whole i'm pleased and can't wait to see how i look after a month :evil:/

Thanks, Animal.

I'm more blotchy today and I've got a new, small papule above my lip, which has been a clear area for awhile. ](*,) So, I think the bp is irritating and I am backing off the treatment to once a day. I'm also confining the bp to just the blemishes and not all over my typical problem areas. Wish me luck.

Edit: Seeing as how I really don't have cysts right now except the one above my lip, and mostly leftover red marks from past blemishes, maybe I will go with bp once in the morning and try the Neutrogena multi-vitamin lotion once at night.

wng....it would be best to spread BP over your entire face. Because if you are spot treating,..all you are doing is helping your active pimples...but you might have pimples starting to form on your non treated areas. So bascially, the bp helps pimples from forming as well as healing the ones that have already sprouted.

And about your ittiration./ Give your face at least 3 or 4 days to heal itself, while staying on BP twice a day. I just started retin a about 2 weeks ago. And starting the second week, my face was horrible. About 20 pimples around my mouth and my skin was peeling like i had a sunburn. But i didnt stop applying the retin a. I just gave my skin a few days to adjust and deal with the irritation and now it is much better.

PS....dont forget to mostirize!!!!

nappyjim, thanks for the advice. I would follow it but I'm going away on a week-long vacation this weekend and am hesitant to wreak havoc. I'll cover all areas once a day and see how this goes. Thanks again.