Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Tracy

Burnt the bejesus out of my face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Tracy

I was doing the taping method to get the peeling dry skin off of my face cause my makeup (mineral) was looking like crap, anyway, I think I peeled the crap out of the skin not directly under my eyes, but sorta between under my eyes and my cheekbones. I guess you could say it was high up on my cheekbones, close to my temple. Then I was doing my weekly glycolic acid peel last night and i (mistakenly) smeared the glycolic acid on those tender areas and I wanted to SCREAM!! Shit, that was painful!! Now I am bright red BURNT on those areas on both sides of my face and it's beginning a light scab. I don't want to have scars there when the scabs begin to peel. I put emu oil on directly after I peeled, concentrating on those poor chapped parts, but today it looks like I skid across the street on those parts of my face only!! Can anyone recommend a product I can use either alone or in conjunction with the emu to help it heal better, quickly and without damage?? I'm definitely skipping my glycolic acid peel next week, that's for DAMN sure!!

Thanks in advance!

-T

possibly neosporin or polysporin, to help speed up the healing process.

Other then that time will heal it, it shouldn't take long by the sound of it...

Do you have an aloe plant? I have an aloe plant - they are not expensive and whenever I "burn" or otherwise damage/injure my skin I slice open and leaf and put it right on... Works wonders! I do not like ANY over the counter aloe but aloe fresh from the plant is excellent.

Guest Tracy

Neo or Poly..........which one do you think is better?

Mary,

I had an aloe plant where I used to live.....it was outside in the planter, but I recently moved and it got too big to take out of there and take with me.......maybe I should drive over there and cut off a leaf......heck maybe I should drive over there and take it to my new place :evil: Thanks for the suggestions.

Guest niko

Aloe or Emu Oil would be best

How strong was your peel?

Guest Tracy

Niko.........yeah, I'm gonna do the aloe and emu thing.........thanks for your suggestion. I appreciate it.

The peel was only 30%, but because I had used the tape method (too vigorously, obviously) the skin on that area was already extremely irritated and I should NOT have gotten any glycolic acid on it. I've been doing these peels for quite some time now and I certainly do know better, but I accidentally got some on those chapped, irritated areas and now they are FRIED.........(POOR ME!)

Thanks again.

-T

maybe you should try black ointment. ive never tried it but its all natural and seems very promising when it comes to healing the skin.

This should heal OK--don't use anything that is possibly irritating, just the antibiotic ointments or aloe. don't go in the sun at all (but don't put suncreen on it either, just stay inside as much as possible until it heals) don't pick at the scab at all, even when it looks like it may be almost healed.

Just gonna have to wait this one out, but it will heal without any scar if you just are patient and careful--that part of the face is probably one of the best places for a screw up as it is not nearly as susceptible to scarring as the round part of the cheeks

Guest Tracy

Thank you so much, everyone, for all of your great advice. I stayed inside most of the weekend, putting fresh aloe vera from a plant (I went to my old apartment and uprooted and replanted my plant!!) letting that dry, and then covering it with neosporin. IT'S GONE NOW!! And it's not scarred!! :)/ So I'm very grateful for all of your advice, comments, and concern. You guys are the best!!

-Tracy

I think the Emu oil on it's own should help enormously - but anything else like aloe vera or copper peptides should help too.

Guest Tracy

Maya,

The emu oil DID help enormously!! I put fresh aloe on it and then let it dry, I alternated between neosporin and emu over the dried aloe and it's GONE!!!!!! I'M HEALED AND SCAR FREE ON THAT AREA!! Thanks so much again, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy :) That is great to hear. I think people should give the emu oil a try. Since Denise introduced me to it I have found it to have miraculous powers.

Guest Tracy

Maya.....at first I was leery about putting ANYTHING with the word "OIL" attached to it on my face. But I also heard that it had great healing properties for irritated or inflamed skin and I e-mailed and requested a sample. I LOVE THIS STUFF!! I'm definitely going to purchase a bigger size. I used it on my son's sunburn (along with aloe vera) and it healed it right up and I used it on my other son's ankle that was inflamed from a basketball injury and it lessened the swelling enormously!! I'm so glad I joined this board and read up on how wonderful this product is. I'm also grateful that guy sent me a sample cause I probably wouldn't have purchased it until trying it for myself. This is really great stuff.

-T

hi tracy where did you get your sample of emu oil from and also does anyone knows if the emu oil is good for dry flaky skin?

Guest Tracy

Hi Jamie!

I received a sample of emu oil from this place:

Denis Baker Emus

[email protected] or [email protected]

Just send them an e-mail and request a sample. Also, when I was looking for this e-mail address I noticed that the website does state that it is good for rough, dry , itchy skin. Hope this helps.

-T

I also suffered a sever sunburn on my face that resulted in hardening and blistering of my skin. The hardening was so deep that I was sure that scarring would result from the peeling. I burst vitamin E capsles and gently spread the gel on the areas, and it healed without a trace.

Does anyone know where can I obtain a sample of the emu oil?