Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaryTheres

Broken Capillaries

What causes broken capillaries? I just had lunch with a woman who used to be my secretary. She had many broken capillaries all over her face.... I was a little shcked - I don't remember her having them before (unless maybe she didn't wear makeup today). She tans well and tans ALOT in the summer. Does tanning cause them??? Anyone know?? If so I am never tanning my face again... I have broken cappillaries on my chest and I had one small one on my face which seems to have disappeared as a result of the smoothbeam treatments... I didn't realize it may be caused by the sun????

"Capillaries close to the surface are often more noticeable in light-skinned individuals. People call these capillaries "broken," but generally they aren't. Strong cortisone creams can produce them. Anything that heats up the body will indeed make the redness look redder."

ewwwwwwww i have one on my cheek. i think it was do to the acne cream and trying to pop a pimple. its been there for a while. dont know how to get rid of it :-k