Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rell

Anyone recommends good foundation for COMBINATION SKIN?

My skin type is combination, and recently I have noticed new products coming out that are suited for combination skin, but I don't know which one is good. I would really appreciate anyone out there with combination skin type who has found really good foundation and would really like to share it with us. Thanks! :evil:

Hi, a good make up to use is persciptives. Their concealer is the best, I have cystic acne that stays red but that really covers it up. Its kind of expensive but trust me it works alot better than MAC, I used Studiofix for 3 years and it made my face look very cakey. Percriptives does not. Give it a try!

Where can you buy this make up? I've never heard of it before. I live in the US...how much is it? I also have cystic acne and Covergirl foundation will not cover up the redness. I have to use a lot of it and then it cracks and looks cakey. I have oily skin and I've tried using Covergirl Oil Control foundation but I don't see a difference. Thanks for the help :D

If you mean Mary Kay.. you can get it by going to MaryKay.com and finding a person in your area.. easy, just follow the steps.. the site shows you how. :D Mary Kay has amazing products and you can return them all if you're not satisfied. I've never returned a thing. I would recommend it ALL.. I have everything lol

Thanks for the help! Has anyone used green concealer followed by a flesh tone concealer? I bought a combo pack yesterday by Physican's Formula called Concealer Twins from CVS. I tried it today but after applying the flesh tone, I could still see the green and if I added more flesh tone, it was like a big noticable blotch on my face. Can anyone recommend another brand or should I just stick to flesh tone concealers period? Thanks again!

Hi,

If you want a balancing foundation, try L'Oreal Ideal Balance Foundation for combination skin or Lancome Adaptive. L'Oreal owns Lancome so the products would be pretty similar.

They are designed to hydrate dry areas, whilst mattifying oilier areas.

I also have conbination skin.I use cover girl clean makeup foundation.It covers it up and dose not cause more breakouts.You can get it almost at any pharmacy in the makup section.It is better than most foundations because it is not so thick and looks as if it is water based.