Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BEEF

34 yrs old male - Acne on Back - need some FRESH advice

I have always had baddish acne on my back. I have used Benzol Peroxide regularly for years and eurythromicin, although my doctor has now prescribed oxy-tetracycline.

I am have a hairy back and play a lot of sports, and this has always made me susceptible to infected follicles. I recently underwent my first treatment of laser hair removal from my entire back and in the main my skin has cleared up somewhat - although there is still some there.

Any suggestions on treatments and things to do differently. Any other experiences with back acne is adults?

Thanks

ive had some experience with back acne as well. i am on erythrombycin currently and have been for about a year. no new breakouts but i have some scarring. why did you get off the erytab? did it stop working?

try a benzoyl peroxide body wash. something oil free.

my father is a 42 year old who had SEVERE acne on his face chest and back for many years, and he still get occasional breakouts on his back still.

i know it sounds bad, but he swears to this day that the only thing that helped his acne was sun exposure. we dont have sensitive skin though (and no one please send me a list of all the harmful effects of sun exposure. people ARE allowed to have some, and the less sensitive ones skin, the more they can handle. no worries; i KNOW the effects of sun!)

anyways, dont OVER expose yourself, but if you can handle some sun it may help to clear it up. in MY personal opinion and experience, i would prefer to have a little too much sun expose for a short period of time rather then acne. its not on your face, so no need to fry that or anything!

back skin is tough, and hard to reach. dans regimen is a good possible cure, but i found it difficult for me as you need ALOT of benzoyl peroxide and it also bleaches clothing. there IS a body breakout spray that clinique puts out that is salyric acid based (no bleaching, easy to reach spray can).

be patient and persisent. you do not want to end up with a ton of scars. good luck!!!!!!!!

I've started suntanning my back recently, my acne seems to have curbed; moreover, the scars are blending away into the tanned skin.

I also use a cloth rag to scrub/exfoliate my back when I take my daily shower, but go lightly, especially if you've been suntanning, do not overirritate the skin. I use an olive oil soap on my entire body: these three aspects of my regiment have brought noticable improvement to both my face and back.

I just bought 8 oz of pantothenic acid, so I'm going all out. I'm tired of not being able to take my shirt off.

well i must tell you that the ones that get pimples in their back are less likely to get them in their face. I wish my face should have been clear and my back full of acne, thank god is clear now, but i should have prefered to get them in my back than in my face, that way i wouldn't be hiding from nobody. =D>

I can only reiterate advice regard vitamin.mineral therapy.I too suffered cystic acne around my shoulders, in my back's centre.It usually worsened when I sweated.Go to my thread GREAT NUTRITIONAL WEBPAGE.fOLLOW THE ADVICE AND WATCH YOUR BACNE DISAPPEAR.Trust me, it will.A litle perseverance, is all

I have always had baddish acne on my back. I have used Benzol Peroxide regularly for years and eurythromicin, although my doctor has now prescribed oxy-tetracycline.

I am have a hairy back and play a lot of sports, and this has always made me susceptible to infected follicles. I recently underwent my first treatment of laser hair removal from my entire back and in the main my skin has cleared up somewhat - although there is still some there.

Any suggestions on treatments and things to do differently. Any other experiences with back acne is adults?

Thanks

Read my topic "Acne Cure" posted Jul 13. Do not spend a penny on topical creams. It is not going to work.

Read my topic "Acne Cure" posted Jul 13. Do not spend a penny on topical creams. It is not going to work.

I started suffering with acne at age 11...yep, that's right...age 11! It got really bad at 14. My back, chest and face were covered with horrid red pustules. It was so bad that even leaning against the back of the chairs in school hurt! I went on tetracycline, cleocin T ( liquid), and some sort of sulfur based topical treatment. The acne subsided for ahwile & then came back with a vengeance. I was switched to e-mycin & retin-A (which did not get the job done). When I finally went on the pill, my acne cleared to an acceptable level. It did not flare up again until I became pregnant at age 30. My back looked like a pizza! Being pregnant, there was nothing I could do. It cleared to an acceptable level again (although never totally clear or even good looking) when I went back on the pill. When the second pregnancy came along at age 32, my back and face went into a frenzy again. I never recovered until I tried Dan's regimen. I am not 35 & have clear skin for the first time since age 11!

I am also on minocycline (200mg perday). However, I was doing the regimen before I started the meds. The regimen got me clear - not the meds. Or maybe it was the combo. My tan seems to be helping camoflauge the red scars.