Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
F49Z0R5!!!

Small tip/trick

I realise that we all worry about our faces, looking in the mirror and seeings spots, pimples etc makes us nervous. And what I've noticed is that alot of people tend to over-do the dosage of treatment, irritating the skin and making it worse. We see a breakout coming and we go nuts and puts billions of fl oz of BP or SA over it thinking we are doing better, but we are not. That's what I used to do, the sight of a pimple used to make me mad and overdose on the treatment making it all worse. So what I do now is, I wash my face is very dim lighting, and I mean VERY dim, so I can barely see myself. The point of that is that, I don't see the spots on my face, which are gone now since I wasn't overdosing, I dont see the spots and I dont freak out and put too much treatment on my face. I wash regularely, same amount everytime and don't worry about it. Because in truth, everyone else does not see your acne as bad as you see it. So if you don't see it whislt washing your face you wont have to get all freaky with it. I used this dark lighting method for months and now my face is perfectly clear. And before it took so long just because I was overdosing. I suggest trying this for those of you that have trouble in controlling yourselves when it comes to applying medication. Plus, you wont have to get all depressed because if you constantly see yourself in dim lighting you will think everything's ok. And hey, rather have spots and be happy than have them and be sad.

Because in truth, everyone else does not see your acne as bad as you see it.

I think that's very, very true. We tend to sit there staring at our faces with like stage lights and microscopes and god-knows-what! lol So, of course to us it looks absolutely horrendous. I think we're our worst critics. And sometimes I wonder if we'll ever be satisfied, you know?

Indeed. I'm not a believer in God and superstision. But, till about a few months ago. I was never happy with my skin. I hated it, despised it. But hen I realised that I should be happy with what I have, and because there are tons of people out there with much worse skin then me. So I just kept thinking to myself, no matter what, I'm greatful for my skin... I'm greatful for my appearance... And maybe even the psychology helped =P.

ALSO, I think that the reason we see ourselves so much worse than others is because we spend alot of time examing ourselves from every angle. And with other people we just look at them, not examine,

=P~ Right now all I have on my face is red marks, quite a few but their fading, but even when that clears up i will still probally hate my face because I will never be satistfied. Like say if ive been clear for a while and all of a sudden I'd get a pimple I'd flip out! I'm gonna want it clearer and clearer and clearer.

Love the signature F49Z0R5!!! where did you quote it from?

Still i think you are correct, i try to apply the same amount all over rather then going crazy on individual spots.

My sister on the other hand, she has perfect skin, and gets maybe one spot every couple of months. Then she will pile on some creme and make it worse, she will come to me and say 'I hate my skin!'. I just think 'what the fcuk', people never seem to appreciate what they've got. [-X

LOL, gotta agree with you there Ani, it's even more annoying when they don't appreciate it! ](*,)

LOL, gotta agree with you there Ani, it's even more annoying when they don't appreciate it! ](*,)

Well I gotta say. My brother has nice skin, but he IS 26. And he never had a big acne problem to begin with. Neither did I tho. So im greatful for that too.