Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikki001

im sick of wearing my hair down!

any other girls feel this way?

im too embarassed to wear my hair up. it looks nicer on me, but i hate revealing my face completely. at work my hair is down, when i go back home i wear it down b/c i live with my boyfriend. it sucks! i only put it up at nite when the lights go off and im sick of it ;(

i cant wait for the day when i dont care anymore but that wont be for a long long time. anyone else feel the same?!!

Guest Poker-Butt

yes... i dont like the way my hair looks up, but sometimes it would be so hott or windy that id like to tie it up but im just self conscious about it, even w/ make-up cuz i know whats underneath

Yep i feel exactly the same. I use my hair to hide behind when i'm out! Whenever i go out i have my hair down and the only times i will put it up is when i'm at home because they have all seen me at my worst anyway and my hair gets in my way. And i know its a lot easier to say than to do but it will probably help your skin if you have your hair tied back more. You could try starting to tie it up at home when there's only your boyfriend around maybe?

Guest pop tarts

I like my bangs (fringe) because it hides the mess and I think I look better.

Guest Tinky

try wearing it up but leave pieces out to cover sides and hairline....

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

Guest Poker-Butt
We should trade places because I'm sick of always wearing my hair pulled back. I'm paranoid that if my hair touches my face it will cause breakouts plus I'm always having a bad hairday.

if u keep ur hair clean (a.ka. wash it regurlarly) u shouldnt have a problem it affecting ur skin

Guest Poker-Butt

nah im just saying if u wash ur hair regurlarly <--?? anyway...if u wash it frequently u shouldnt be paranoid about it

Guest Tinky

We should trade places because I'm sick of always wearing my hair pulled back. I'm paranoid that if my hair touches my face it will cause breakouts plus I'm always having a bad hairday.

if u keep ur hair clean (a.ka. wash it regurlarly) u shouldnt have a problem it affecting ur skin

What are you trying to say? I'm dirty? p;

:P no silly, just don't worry about it.....(we'll assume your tresses are clean)

or are you dirty :razz:

Guest tenshigirl25

i remember a teacher at my old school was rude enough to tell me i should always put my hair back because my hair down was only accentuating my acne even more. she said i should have it off my face so i look clean. :evil:

that was in our 'grooming' class, talking about skin, makeup, hair..she was no profssional but i ended up winning bst student that yr from that class..she also told me how she had never had a pimple in her life because she used sulfur soap in the 60's.. some ppl just have no idea and this was a 60 yr old woman.

I can relate. At work I usually have my hair down also, but at home it's more often up.

I feel more self-conscious and vulnerable when my hair is up (depending on when and where and the situation), like all my imperfections are more obvious. It's little things like this that make acne unpleasant.

Thank you for posting those pics Tinky.

tenshigirl - you had a class for grooming?! Was that in High School because I never knew they had such courses.

Your teacher really wasn't tactful or considerate.

I totally feel this way...I have actually told my boyfriend that all I want is to be able to wear my hair up without feeling like people are staring at my pimples or my marks. I hate waiting outside for the bus or something and having my hair blowing in my face so much and bugging me...it just makes me sad that I can't just wear it up :( maybe someday....hopefully soon....blah...

I totally feel you. My acne is gone but I have post acne red marks that I am waiting for to fade. I HATE always having to wear my hair down because I am embarrassed of these. I just want them to fade so I can wear my hair up like I used to. :wall:

well at least your not a guy then, most guys dont look right with long hair and so were stuck with it short, and more so stuck with people looking at our fucked up faces :( ...

Jenzy well done on ur first post on the boards finaly lol.

I like my bangs (fringe) because it hides the mess and I think I look better.

I think it's cute. :D

Anyway, I don't have much issues with my skin any more, but even when I did I always had my hair like kind of short and choppy...

Ah, sept when I was like 12... I had my hair long. :dance: (well kind of long... shoulder length)

Guest Fearless*Bunny

I don't wear my hair up when I go out cause it looks bad cause of my face shape or whatever. I have thick curly hair and leaving some of it down looks stupid on me. I can't do bangs or fringe either (i've tried and it looked monumentally stupid). Blah I need a haircut.