Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
u2popgrrl

Neck, Back and Chest Cysts

I took Ortho Tri Cyclin for a month for my face. It helped. I've been on Doryx for 2 yrs. and it's finally starting to really work. My face is good, but now I've got an increase in cystic acne on my neck, back and chest. Any suggestions for medications I can ask my dermo about?

I've been on Doryx, too, for about four months now, and it's really helped clear up my face. I also had acne on my back and it cleared up completely. But, I never used to have chest acne, and in the past month it's become a problem for me. I'm wondering if it has something to do with Doryx. I'm going to the derm in a few weeks to see what he can do about my chest, and I'll let you know what he says.

i was on accutane & now i have a lot of those acnes on my back & chest.

make me embarassed to go to public swimming pools... :evil:#

u2popgrrl---you've been on Doryx for two years now....and I was wondering about the issue of resistance. I heard that after a while, Doryx is no longer effective. Have you heard about this or experienced it? I'm just concerned because Doryx has done wonders for me and I'm so afraid it will stop working!

So far I haven't really dealt with resistance...For a while there I thought maybe, but so far so good ::knocks on wood:: My face is dramatically clearer from when I first started...granted, its been 2 yrs. My scars have reduced as well, thanx to the help of Benzaclin. But to answer your question, no I haven't had resistance. Just a buncha cysts that's probably still hormonal...but I';m not doing birth control again because that just messed up what Doryx did.