Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
matt p

doxycyline and differin

does anyone know if taking 200 mg of doxcycline will work better than 100 mg?? also, how much is too much (??mg)?? the reason i ask is that 100 mg killed acne on my forhead, but not on my cheeks. i asked the doc today and he told me that it was the 'general pergression' of acne to go from my forhead to my cheeks to my jaw line. the acne on my forhead was there four weeks ago and now it ain't. i don't think that has anything to do with the 'general progression'. the doc also have me differin, which i am hoping works like retina, but doesn't leave me as red. retina worked for me about a year ago, but i couldn't take looking like a lobster. anyone change from retina to differin, and if so, does it lead to less iritation??

does anyone know if taking 200 mg of doxcycline will work better than 100 mg?? also, how much is too much (??mg)?? the reason i ask is that 100 mg killed acne on my forhead, but not on my cheeks. i asked the doc today and he told me that it was the 'general pergression' of acne to go from my forhead to my cheeks to my jaw line. the acne on my forhead was there four weeks ago and now it ain't. i don't think that has anything to do with the 'general progression'. the doc also have me differin, which i am hoping works like retina, but doesn't leave me as red. retina worked for me about a year ago, but i couldn't take looking like a lobster. anyone change from retina to differin, and if so, does it lead to less iritation??

You don't say how long you have been on 100 mg. of doxy. It takes up to three months to kick in. The usual maximum dosage according to my derm is 200 mg. However you might want to try to stick with 100 mg. because when you increase it you could become resistant to it quicker though a few people never become resistant though most do sooner or later. Your derm might want to increase it if either the lower dosage is no longer working or not strong enough. Check with him/her first before increasing. Differin causes less irritation than Retin A.

thanks. i've taken 100 mg for about 3.5 months. i am going to give 200 mg a try. i ain't that impressed with my doc. i would much rather hear from people my own age that are going through similar problems. the only thing i need the doc for is to write me presecriptions.