Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

guys today i had a free consultation at a big private lase clinic in london on Harley street. thats where some of the best laser doctors in the world are..anyway.

The doctor said he wanted to give me 10 IPL laser treatments, and he GARUNTEED he would cure me, he said the garuntee will be given to me on paper etc.. anyway

the cost of the treatment all together is £1900

i told him id go away and think it through and get back t them

what u guys think? he said the laser would get rid of my acne and the red skin

:evil:

im so excited, although the price is a bit high..im considering it

whats ur views?

thanks

WOW, that is alot of money :D

But i think it would easily be worth it if it's a complete cure, only if you know it'll never come back. I think that for the confidence that a complete cure would provide it would easily be worth that amount of money. If you are sure of this i say GO FOR IT! :evil:/

From what I've read, the laser treatments DO work but they are only temporary. Like accutane, the lasers zap your oil glands and stop them from producing so much oil, but the glands will eventually heal.

This is all based on memory though so I could be wrong. If the guarantee extends for life... well... that would make the offer much more tempting. :evil:/

I just went to a consultation for IPL myself. I went more for freckles, pigmentation, old acne scars, and general improvement of the skin. It is expensive!!! Since my skin does not have drastic pigmentations they told me it would take 5 session at $1700 total to get even tone skin (all acne scar pigmentations, freckless gone).

My point is, they didn't say anything about IPL helping with current acne, it's more something you do after acne has cleared and left its mark. You may want to question the doctor more about helping acne. I heard it helps some patients a little but also makes acne worse in other patients.

he told me hes going to be using a COMBINATION of different lasers.

so i presume its going to be maybe N-lite (for the active acne) and IPL for the red marks etc

i went for a free assesment where he looked at my face and decided on the reatment, for a fullconsultation where i can discuss treatments with him and all questions etc i have to pay £70 for

so im gonna do that next week and see what its all about?

what u think?

definitely ask more questions. i've decided against IPL for now...

IPL is REALLY effective for old acne/red marks but too expensive for the minor problems i have.

if results are permanent for acne i would do it but if temporary i don't think it's worth it.

let us know what the doc says

Just be careful. This is your face we're talking about. There is no way to hide it should anything happen to it. Have you tried the regimen? Think about why you are doing this. I am not saying don't do it, but just write down five really good, solid reasons you want to do this. The think about why you wouldn't want to do it. If you didn't do it, what are your alternatives? Although laser use on the face has been proven safe within the short time frame that it has been available, there are no longitudinal studies that proves it to be completely noninvasive throughout. If this is going to put you in debt, don't do that to yourself. You'd be giving yourself more to worry about. If the money is readily available, is this the one thing that you want most to spend it on. Is this most important to you? Does your family know and/or comment? Just make sure you are 100% comfortable with your decision. Best wishes. [-o<