Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crappyskin

The busy Dr. Chu

at the end of March my derm said he would refer me to Dr. Chu, I still havnt got a written appointment from Dr. Chu.

Do you think this is normal, and he is just busy, or should I try and contact him and ask him whats going on?

--CS

Is this for a private or NHS referral?

He's very busy and very popular. All the talk on this board (and others) has surely boosted his already good reputation.

Private, I'm with PPP.

Maybe I should call him, It would suck if I found out my derm was a muppet and forgot to refer me, I would have to wait for an extra couple of months in an already very long waiting list.

Ugh, I washed my car today in the sun, and seeing a reflection of myself in my window sucked!, I really wanna get on with treatment soon, I dont care how much it costs anymore.

--CS

I think you should phone up his private office directly and ask the status of appointments.

Crappyskin-- how old are you?

-- what's your scar situation?

-- what treatment were you expecting to get?

I have heard his waiting list goes back to January. I am not sure if that is for private or NHS. he is the most popular dermatologist in the UK, his secretary said people come from all over Britain. I am wanting to go desperately to.

Hi CS, it's been a while since I posted here. I know Dr Chu is v good but also v busy so I thought this might be useful for you...??

I went to Mr Stanek's office recently to pick up some obagi products for my boyfriend. On his mantelpiece I noticed that he had a certificate saying that he's qualified/trained in isologen treatments. Not sure if this is too relevant but it might help you to shop around if you're in a hurry for treatment??

Rosy

Crappyskin-- how old are you?

-- what's your scar situation?

--  what treatment were you expecting to get?

I have heard his waiting list goes back to January. I am not sure if that is for private or NHS. he is the most popular dermatologist in the UK, his secretary said people come from all over Britain. I am wanting to go desperately to.

Scar situation, lot of shallow box cars, a few small ice picks and a couple of the bigger rolling/box car ones.

Treatment, subcision + isolagen + n-lite.

yeah. He's the best in the UK as far as I know.

Hi CS, it's been a while since I posted here. I know Dr Chu is v good but also v busy so I thought this might be useful for you...??  

I went to Mr Stanek's office recently to pick up some obagi products for my boyfriend. On his mantelpiece I noticed that he had a certificate saying that he's qualified/trained in isologen treatments. Not sure if this is too relevant but it might help you to shop around if you're in a hurry for treatment??  

Rosy

Cool, thanks, I'll look into it!

--CS

CS

I've heard that Jan Stanek is very good (Harley Street) - he does do subcision (Lola has been to him before and said he was thorough) but he does not have an N-Lite machine.

CS

I've heard that Jan Stanek is very good (Harley Street) - he does do subcision (Lola has been to him before and said he was thorough) but he does not have an N-Lite machine.

Cool, although you have to be careful with Dr's from harley street, my mum (an ex-nurse) is always telling me there are lots of cowboys and under qualified people there.

--CS

When I rang for a private appointment with the Dr I was told that private appointments are booked until January - that was about a month ago

[quote name="crappyskin

Cool' date=' although you have to be careful with Dr's from harley street, my mum (an ex-nurse) is always telling me there are lots of cowboys and under qualified people there.

--CS

He's very well respected. I've heard good things about him - he's been around for ages.

Crappyskin maybe you can get to see him earlier if someone cancels? I called his office in May and was told that the next available appointment was November.However,I'm going to see him next month due to a cancelation. I did write to him before and emphasise the fact that I wanted to see him as soon as possible.I'm a private patient.

Do any of you know where to get subcision and n-lite done that is a well respected place? I mean I am positive that is the best option for me, but I will have to wait ages for DR CHU.

Surely there must be other people around England who can do it, (Jan Stenek perhaps). Do you always have to have referral letters? Or can you just call the clinic for an appointment/consultation?

Cheers for that

Jamie - you don't need a referral to see Jan Stanek or most private surgeons - just phone their offices and make an appointment. When I phoned Jan Staneks office, they offered to see me the following week, and I believe he can do the subcision there and then. Costs around £500.

There is an N-Lite place in the West Midlands called Laserease, they use Dr Chu's N-Lite protocol. Email: Laserase [[email protected]] andthey charge from £100 for part face to £450 for full face.

Maybe you can get the subcision done in London, and then go the the N-Lite clinic after a few days.

hello -In the UK, Private means you pay for it out of your own pocket - NHS (National Health Service) means you get it for free from health insurance that everyone here has (unless there are costs to the hospital/clinic, then you just pay for the costs, not the skill.)

It is rare to get scar treatments on the NHS as it's seen as cosmetic surgery. Reconstructive surgery is available free (burns victims etc) but some surgeons will offer NHS cosmetic surgery to serious acne scar patients. Dr Chu is one of the few.

Cheers for that Maya!

Do you know the number for that office, or a website that lists good places for subcision>?

that would be great thanks!

-- this seems like a lot of money, I need to save up

Just thought I'd post this website, it offers listings of many clinics that do N-lite in the UK, if you end up NOT seing Dr.Chu these may be other options, (Not positive what each clinic offers.... may be only N-lite?)

www.theskinhealthclinic.com

Jamie

Jan Stanek's office - 0207 487 4454

Don't know anyone but him and Dr Chu who offer subcision.