Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kimmi

changes in weight and mood swings?

hi everyone

i recently started accutane for my my moderate but persistent acne. i was just wondering if anyone has experienced what i have been. i never seem to be hungry anymore, has anyone lost their appetite a bit while on accutane?? but then again that could be cuz im drinking so much water its filling me up and im taking my pills with milk which i hate! so makes me feel a bit sick hehe

also i dont know if its cuz of that time fo the month (sorry for that info peeps 8-[ ) but im so irritable and moody right now... has anyone experieced that?

thanks for anyhelp! :evil: luv kimmi

Hey - I am at the end of my third month now, and when I first started taking accutane, I also lost my appetite. The moodiness is probably PMS. But never fear, you wil get your appetite back soon (I did) and your period will go away after a few days...at least until next month :evil:

thanx everyone

i just feel so mad but thats most likely cuz its the summer.. i cant go out in the sun.. cant drink... and im tired of my acne!! ](*,)

im on my first week but there isnt ANY dryness at all on my face... i dont think its working properly :evil: i am using cetaphil cleaner and not even having to use a moisterisor has anyone else not experienced that much dryness? or will it get drying in time to come or when my dose may be increased. im on 30mg a day, 122lbs.

kimmi

Yup loss of appetite, mood swings, back pains, chapped lips, sore joints, loss of night vision... It all gets progresively worse. They all go away though... Heh I can remember my first week I was off of it I was eatin like crazy.

Hey I'm on 80mg a day and I am 150lbs. This is my first week and so far I have dry lips, back/shoulder pain, and joint pain (i.e. elbows, knees, and shoulders). So far my skin is not to dry, maybe a little red. However it may still be red from my time on the regimen. The thing that bothers me the most however is the fact that I am feeling really slugish(spelling) I just don't feel as lively as I usually do :) Hopefully though after this is all done I will be a new man 8)