Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Handsome

Retina A and BP

Is it ok to use Retin A at night like recommended and BP in the mornings? Has anyone tried this before? Would it be too harsh?

I would only use a small dab, like the amount of retin-a you use. That way it won't cause as much dryness. I do this and I have been taking a break from all of it the last couple of days, due to excessive dryness. Just don't overdo the BP, like I did. The combination of both is very strong so use very little of each.

I was on BP in the morning, retin-a at night and clind twice a day. I found I had to be very careful with using BP around my chin and mouth (where I an prone to dryness and irritation), but my forehead was fine. Use the smallest amount you can to start, espaecially on sensitive areas, and you should be fine.

Willow

Is it ok to use Retin A at night like recommended and BP in the mornings? Has anyone tried this before? Would it be too harsh?

do not use the two of them together. it says on the website that use of benzoyl peroxide neutralizes the effects of retin-a...

Wait a minute! I was prescribed Retin A today along with the old BP and my derm said use the BP, wait till it dries, then put on the Retin (all at night.) She said only use the BP in the morning. Is this correct?? You guys are freakin' me out.

Do not use BP at the same time as retin-a, the BP will neutralize the retin-a. You will be okay if you use the BP in the morning though.