Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LMG

Wat does everyone do to keep their minds off their acne and/or scars ?

I use to lift weights until I experienced a horrible breakout from the supplements I was taking. Now I just spend most of the day with a pair of headphones on my head. I don't go out much, actually hate going out. I want to begin exercising again but I will no be taking supplemetns or lifting weights, just a lot of cardio and sit-ups, pull-ups, push-ups etc. I belive the best thing for me would be an understanding girlfriend. I hate going out with my friends, they are into things I do not enjoy. I am planning on buying a motorcycle and when I do buy it, just drive off and be alone. I have driven motorcycles before and I belive you become one with the bike as you travel the open roads. I really felt at ease on a bike and have been in the pursuit of purchasing one for a long time now. I also deeply enjor reading. Mainly books on psychology and psychiatry, I plan on going to school to get my degree in psychiatry. Well let me hear what you people do to east the pain of acne.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Listen to music. Ride. I think about it the majority of my life though. Starting to think that my cure will be mind over matter, i just don't have the strength to manage that though.

That's really great that you want to achieve that goal of getting a motorbike. Also, best of luck with your studies.

James :)

I also love sleeping giraffe. I lay on my bed with my headphones on and just fall asleeping listening to music.

I want to become a giant figure in dermatology and find a cure for acne and scars. It might take 8 years though :(

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I want to become a giant figure in dermatology and find a cure for acne and scars. It might take 8 years though :(

If you're serious that it would only take you 8 years to find cures for both of those things, you are extremely deluded. Sorry to be rude but that's crazy talk. What are you studying?

The cure for acne would be the eradication of the gene. Find the gene, then figure out how to target & remove it from everyones DNA. This will also prevent the scars obviously.

Good luck. :doh:

I am single and very understanding ..lol.....too bad I am a bit toooooo old... :(:razz:

To keep my mind off my scars..(until they are corrected to the stage I feel comfy)...I run many miles a week. Running is a great way to free the mind and keep in shape. I love designing/sewing my own clothes. When I can pull myself away from the computer, I enjoy reading as well. My daughter is also majoring in Psychology. I have read ALL her psychology books, just finished the last one tonight. Just fascinating! I saved many a $$$ self diagnosing myself.. ;) ...then, got very depressed and went running in the dark..

Hey giraffe...Follow Your Dreams.. ;-)

I usually put on a lot of makeup and hang out with friends that I know well. They have seen the best and worst of me, and usually I can find myself not thinking about acne when we're in the thick of having a good time. This especially includes activities like bowling and seeing movies in which no one can see you!!!

Guest charyan

i like writing songs, playing guitar, i hate my job as the people there are complete tossers and treat me different as they're chavs and probably mug the elderly.

I cant wait to get a car then im just gonna drive all around the country, getting into wacky adventures and listening to some awesome tunes

just curious.. what supplements were you taking that broke you out?

I'm beginning to think the same thing happened to me. I was taking creatine and glutamine [pill forms] and working out 5 days a week over the summer. Within a month or two (?) of starting this routine I got the worst breakout of my life. Nothing else in my diet or life changed, except adding the supplements. I got them at GNC by the way.

:think:

i used to be so self conscious about my acne. it got pretty bad when i was on accutane. even when i finally cleared up, i was always worried about breaking out. i've been off for almost a year now. i basically just live my life now. i run, lift weights, box, go to movies, listen to music. i try to keep the stress down as much as possible. i have an awesome girlfriend and i spend pretty much zero time worrying about my acne/scars. i know it's hard , but just try to do your shit and not give a fuck about acne.

I was taking whey protein powder and weight gainer. If I remember correctly the weight gainer was called cyco or something like that, not really sure. The protein powder came in a black bag, I bought a huge 10 pound bag and only used a few scoops because after I saw my face breakout I gave it up.

To keep my mind off my troubles and keep from looking in the mirror, I run about 3-4 miles just about every day. I also clean, work on projects, play video games, and if it's really bad, take some sleeping pills to sleep the hours away.