prtyblueyes

my *NEW* regimen

Ok i'm on DAY 1, so far so good, it goes like this

morning:

Purpose bottled cleanser

Spot treat marks with Cleocin T

Moisturize with neutrogena comb. skin

night:

Neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask (as a cleanser)

Spot treat with Cleocin

Moisturize with neutrogena comb. skin

I take about 2 500mg b5 pills 2x a day, 50mg of zinc, and a men's one a day multi vitamin without iodine, I've also been watching my fat/refined cars/sugar intake. So far things are clearing up nicely, best part about this regimen is the neutrogena cleanser totally stops my face from producing too much oil.

If someone wants to make any suggestions please feel free, i'd like some feedback

:evil:/ :D :D/ =P~ :D

alex

That should work, iodine should be in the diet, but too much will cause disaster, it aggravates acne like a mutha. Don't forget water, thats key. Looks like your using lots of face products, careful you don't rub too much or too hard. Keep at it, worked for me.

DAY 5:

Still on the same regimen, tried switching to the neutrogena BP cleanser to morning and night and ditch the purpose but the BP made my skin too sensitive and I got rather large red spots, not cysts, they vanished in a few days with cleocin t(good stuff)

I've yet to have a new pimple so aparantly im doing something right here. Recently ive slowly added some sugars and refined carbs back into my diet because my energy levels were at an all time low. I've found ANY greasy food to be what really makes my skin worse.

Oil production seems relatively high from the drying effects of purpose, so I picked up some clean&clear oil absorbing pad, very cool product, picks up so much oil. Hopefully I'll have beautiful skin again soon *crosses fingers*

alex

cleocin-t is a form of clindamyacin phosphate (sp??) it works on the same general principle as BP, it kills acne causing bacteria and works as an anti-inflamatory and yes its a perscription drug.

My doctor told me to use it over entire infected areas morning and night, but this only led to an extremely red face and no skin improvement. After I started using it as a spot treater i started to notice its effectiveness. Ive also noticed that ibuprofin takes out alot of redness.

Well I might as well update this while im here

DAY 6: eh. pretty much sums up day 6 for me. My skin has been red and iritated all day specifically the area that I shave in the morning which usually never gets irritated or breakouts. I think the BP is a little much for very sensitive skin like mine. I'm going to cut down the BP cleanser to every other day and work back up to everyday in a couple weeks. Can dry skin cause irritation like this? (small red bumps that are very itchy and fade within a few days)

alex

Day 9:

No new whiteheads, the BP is definatly giving my face red marks, which I assume is normal. I've decreased the use of the BP cleanser to every other night. My skin is still really dry and flaky, but I guess thats better then getting new pimples. How long for you sensitive skin people did it take for your skin to adjust to BP? I really like its effect on my acne but I dont like waking up with irratated red marks all over my cheeks 8-[

Ive tried keeping a pretty steady diet staying away from pretty much all hydrogenated oily food and sticking to fruits, nuts, veggies, and meats. What's in hamburgers and beans that makes my skin look so good? whenever I eat either or both I notice much clearer skin the next day or 4 hours or so after consumption.. odd.

cool.

Day 23

Vitamin b5 rocks my world. I've stopped using cleocin and BP along with purpose and just take my multivitamin and use cetaphil, since B5 really slows oil production my skin has gotten pretty dry. My skin used to be an oil disaster, now it takes a long day to make even the littlest bit of oil come out. B5 is a life saver, hands down. :(/ :(/

alex