Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I read on another board that there are some suggestions to take a break from BP for a month or so ever so often - something about the skin becoming used to the BP and the BP loosing its effectiveness.

Is this a truth or a myth? Or is it just an unknown?

It says on this website that you cannot become resistant to BP, and that's why it's a favored route of treatment for acne. But, I could be wrong....

Guest fatman_uk

No, it ''does it's thing'' to the bacteria so fast they don't have chance to adapt or overcome.

-Gaz

I myself take a break from time to time. Only because my skin needs to produce more oil. After a hard treatment on BP, I dry out a bit. I think it is because it is combination with other topical treatments. Either way, it is nice to change from time to time. Even if for just a short while.

BP is not an antibiotic to which bacteria can become resistant. All BP does is make your skin super rich in oxygen - which creates an unfriendly environment for bacteria. You do not need to take a break from oxygen righ skin.

BP is not an antibiotic to which bacteria can become resistant. All BP does is make your skin super rich in oxygen - which creates an unfriendly environment for bacteria. You do not need to take a break from oxygen righ skin.