Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gre3n7

Canadian dude. Starting Nov.26

BGI: Had regular teen acne at 15. went away with help from S.Acid. got minor/periodic outbreaks till 18. then at 19, got slammed with acne that lasted a year. acne eventually cleared, but now i transition from clear to breakout periods.

i'm pretty sure i got mild/moderate acne, but not sure how to confirm.

day 1

i bought cetaphil cleanser wash, cetaphil facial mosturizer, gillete sensor excel and neutrogena on the spot.

i took a shower, did my business (washed hair and body, not #2) and got dressed. i proceeded to shave in front of the mirror. after the shave, i used the cleanser. felt nice actually. 15 mins later, applied the BP. 15 mins later, applied the moisturizer.

gonna update at around the same time each day hopefully.

day 2

last night, i noticed that my skin didn't look so shitty (it usually does at night for some reason). when i began the night time ritual before bed, i noticed that when washing the face, i was washing off a slick layer of something, moisturizer perhaps? anyways, the thing that's been on my right cheek popped during the wash and something white and solid came out, wtf. and a little bit of blood seeped out as well, but i continued washing with cetaphil. since i'm new to BP, i didn't use any for the night, just cetaphil washer and cetaphil moisturizer.

when i woke up this morning, i couldn't really say there was improvement (wasn't expecting any), but it does look like something's working, since there's nothing new and the old ones feel like they're fading.

last night, washed the face again, still felt that i had some sort of filmy layer on top. weird. since i'm new to BP, again, i skipped the spot on treatment and just did the cetaphil wash and cetaphil moisturizer.

day 3

woke up and i think my complexion is improving. but i was recovering from my last breakout, so maybe my complexion would have improved anyways, with or without regimen. what i do notice is that at night, my skin doesn't look so shitty, so maybe that's a regimen thing.

anyways, i did the shave, cleanser, bp and moisturizer. nothing new to report.

also, when am i going to get the dreaded breakout??? anyone have a clue/guess?

yep, same as last night. washed before bed and still felt sorta filmy. meh.

day 4

woke up and checked complexion. definitely no new acne (maybe one on temple, not sure if it's new or old). a bit of redness, but after the shower and cetaphil wash, redness sorta went away. Is the regimen working? dunno yet. i'm gonna stick with half a finger until saturday (1 week mark). at that time, i will shift to a full finger of bp. on wednesday (i believe dec. 7th), i will add a nightime dose of bp (half finger).

I don't wanna jinx nothing, (i probably just did :shifty: ), but my confidence is sorta returning. starting in september, when i was relatively clear, i was feeling pretty good. but with stress from school and over washing, i developed a massive breakout. hope that's a thing of the past ::knocks on wood::

fuck, i shouldn't have typed that. i've read all these accutane logs on this site and everyone writes

"i don't wanna jinx anything, but i think i'm clearing up" then 3 weeks later you see "ughhhhh, my face is erupting. i just wanna die :("

that's gonna be me in a week.

did I jinx myself? yep. w0000h00000!

day 4

woke up and checked on the face. i can feel 3 new bumps, all small. one on left temple, one on right temple and one on chin. they aren't noticeable, but they're there. and i think i saw a whitehead forming too.

hope it's not the breakout

day 5

woke up and noticed two things. the two things on my temples basically died (yay!). but the one on my chin is a bit swollen and very noticeable. (fuck). also, i ate a cookie and a couple hours later, i got a whitehead thing on my jaw line. fuck. it was one of those giant cookies. oatmeal raisin. i'm gonna avoid that shit for the time being.

i'm still sticking with the routine i've got goin. but tonite, i'm gonna spot treat with the bp. i won't be doing the full bp night treatment till saturday, but the thing on my chin pisses me off, so i'll dab on a little tonite.

i should probably say that other than the thing on my chin, and the thing that popped up today, i'm actually relatively clear. i've got a bunch of red marks, but the skin is pretty smooth. so i shouldn't complain, since i haven't even broken out yet.

the regimen must be working or something

day 6

i woke up and the thing on my chin was all white now. that's the fastest turnaround i've ever seen. it started out as a small red bump. next day it was swollen and big. now it's white.

after the shower, the thing basically fell off (bled a little bit). so now i've got the thing on chin, the thing on temple, and 2 small white heads.

starting tomorrow, i'm gonna do a full finger of bp and at night, it'll be half finger.

I didn't update for dec. 3, but whatever.

day 8

yesterday,i believed that i was getting the breakout that the regimen predicted, but this morning, everything sorta seemed subdued. there's one thing on my chin that's sorta scabbing over and two swollen things on my temple. other than that, i can't really complain. anyways, it's week 2 so i've started using 1 full finger in the morning and half finger at night. i'm starting to feel the itchiness, but it's not that bad. i seriously don't know how i'm gonna use 2 full fingers of bp, 1 full finger was more than enough.

Day 9

Definitely in the midst of the breakout. the thing on my chin is basically a scab, but there are 2 swollen things on the left temple (annoying), 2 swollen things on right temple (not as annoying), 1 thing near mouth (sorta small) and 1 small white thing on the jaw. I wore a hat, so the temples are covered, so it's just the thing near the mouth that's exposed. so still, i hope this is as worst as it gets, cuz then that'd be awesome.

and i'm noticing more drying. the cetaphil moisturizer is sorta getting cakey, i might be applying it wrong.

day 11

missed another update. definitely breaking out. the thing on chin is still scabbed. the thing near mouth is scabbed and i can feel something waiting on the other side of the chin. the things on my temple are gone though (sorta). almost done with week 2. what i've noticed is that after the cetaphil face wash, my face gets dry as fuck. only started 2 days ago. this only happened before when i used neutrogena face wash with S.Acid.

day 12

what i've noticed while on the reg is that acne turnaround is a whole lot quicker. in the morning, i can get a red bump, by noon, it shows white and at night, it's a whitehead. applying bp to it then basically makes it go away in a day or two. that's pretty cool.

anyways, not much to comment on. right chin has whitehead, left part of chin is scabbed over. the thing near the mouth is scabbed over and that was about it when i woke up. but i noticed that a thing on my left temple formed a couple of hours ago. swollen with a little white centre. and my left jaw area is sorta breaking out.

all in all, it's really not that bad. skin is defintely improving i believe.

Yes - I noticed that too mate - stick with it - it sounds as if its going good for you - you cant expect breakouts to even slow down until at least a month or so, so dont worry about that, if you ACNE is diminishing more quickly it means your half way there, now you just gotta bump the amount you use up. I was a bit naughty and used two full finger lengths twice a day every day from day 1, but I had no self-confidence and had to wipe it out quick.

Just keep dousing the low-lifes in chemicals and you will get there - Your A Fighter !!!!

All The Best Mate

Ben. :D:D:D

yeah, i ain't gonna use 2 full fingers of bp till the 4 week mark. i've timed it perfectly.

day 13

the thing that formed yesterday on my chin disappeared. it's just no longer white and swollen. it's just a lump and sorta hard. the thing on my temple subsided (still swollen a bit) but the white thing is gone. yeah, nothing new today. everything went down.

Hang in there dude. Ive been on the regimen for only a week and ive only got 4 or 5 zits in that time. Usually i get at least 10 or so. Right now my skin is really good. Hope i dont have an initial breakout but i dont think im gonna. Ive been using dans bp twice a day and it really seems to help. anyway good luck with the future weeks. we'll be rootin for ya.

i figured out why i broke out. when applying the one and a half fingers of BP, i applied to fast and the stuff didn't absorb. it just dried up. adding moisturizer just balled it up and that's why i got that thing on my left cheek. so, the lesson learned is to go slow and steady, with a little bit of bp at a time.

day 16

due to exams, the turnaround between my nightime ritual and daytime ritual is roughly 4 or 5 hours. so at night, i do the normal wash/bp/moisturize. in the morning (well, it's technically morning) i just spot treat with bp. when my exams are over, i can go back to a normal routine.

yeah, so the thing on my left cheek sorta stayed there. didn't get worse, maybe got better. other than that, nothing new. it's just that the lack of sleep and stress is making the complexion really crappy.

Whats up canadian dude... if you dont like the neutrogena on the spot balling up ... you should try solugel 4%. Its available at shoppers drug mart. I've been using that for my regimen and it works great. check my progress if you wanna know how it has worked for me. [email protected]

yeah, not sure if i want to try 4%. i'll look into it though.

day 17

my exams are over, so the goofy sleep (or lack of sleep) schedule is over. the lack of stress should help the clearing up.

anyways, the thing on the left cheek is sorta cyst like. really round, red and hard. another thing is near the mouth. also very red.

From now on, i'm keeping score. whenever i believe that the regimen is working, i'll award it a point. whenever i feel acne gets the best of me, they get a point. only one point per day and ties are possible. And the scoring's gonna be retroactive.

so, even though the regimen didn't have much of a fighting chance (stress & no sleep), i gotta award the point to acne. which brings the score to

5 - 7

acne in the lead.

day 18

woke up to see that the cyst like thing on left was downsized. that's sorta good news. but the right side is having a mini breakout. seems like the jaw line wants to party or something. fuckers. I'm definitely having a breakout, but it seems less severe than past breakouts. regimen working it's magic perhaps? yeah, so left side has a big dot and right side is acting goofy. Acne, for the win.

5 -8

didn't update yesterday, not much to comment on, it was a tie anyways.

day 20

again, nothing to comment on. the giant thing on left cheek is lookin dead, the right side had there party and looks like it's gonna end soon. i guess that's it. no improvement, no new spots. tie.

5 - 8

day 21

3 week mark. left side has the major cyst and a couple of bumps near jaw line, i'd say the left side is dying down. right side has lots of red spots, with bunch of bumps near the jaw line, it didn't get worse but it didn't get better. 2 new white heads popped up, looks like they're gonna be gone soon, very small, not that bothersome. all in all, still a tie

5 - 8

I've got no camera other than the one on my phone, so i've got no comparasion shots. but it's for the best. since my skin actually looked better in week one than it does now.

day 22

woke up to see some improvement with no new acne. but my complexion still looks like shit. the right side's breakout is basically dying down (3 or 4 on jawline). but the breakout i got from last sunday from exams really fuckin turned my spots red. it's really really red. it looks like i got all these scars but in actuality, they're just red spots. really depressing. the left side looks to be on it's way. the cyst thing is no longer swollen or dark purple. it's basically just a thing. there's 2 red things near the mouth, but they're basically flat. and that's about it. my complexion looks like shit from the last breakout. but i'll award a point to regimen since i see some improvement.

6 - 8

day 23

woke up to see some improvement overall. the left side doesn't have much new and the right side doesn't have anything new. but the chin area had a mini breakout. it's not very bad, but it's there. and the dang radness on the right side is unbearable. it's disgusting. fucking pisses me off.

so the slight improvement coupled with the mini breakout = tie

6 - 8