Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeffy

Looks better in the morning?

I swear to god, my scars look at LEAST 5x better right when I wake up (even before washing/showering) than when I go to bed. Am I the only one who notices this? Is it because my face seems/is more oily when I go to bed? Even after I wash it, the scars still look much worse than in the morning. When I wake up, they are hardly noticeable. This realization is giving me some hope... I just came off Accutane 2 months ago, it pretty much kicked acne's ass, but I've got a fair amount of scarring on my forehead and temple areas. Maybe it will go away (or stop looking so bad once my face stops being so oily all the time?)?

Sorry... kind of rambled there.

Guest Poker-Butt

u probably still have eye boogies and can't see clearly.....could be...;)

haha I always think I look better at night...

It's probably the lighting.

Well it's dark when I get up, it's dark when I go to bed, and I use the same bathroom each time, so I doubt that's it.

Guest james11

More blood circulating around your face when you have been up all day. When you wake from a slumber, there is less until it's stimulated again.

I look absolutely 2 times better in the morning, well after a long sleep anyway! I don't know exactly why but has something to do with ur body regenerating and resting. I don't know actually. There was a scientific reason, just don't know it.. hehe

Yeah, my face is excellent in the morning. I think that when you put up with stress through out the day it makes your skin look like crap. Jessy, try rosehip oil for those scars. Eventually them scars will vanish, but maybe rosehip oil can speed it up. Do a search on the net and YOU be the judge.

Actually my scars are nearly gone (despite some discoloration and some deep scars) sometimes in the morning, especially when I applied something that dries out the skin (BPO in most cases). Obviously the skin is tighter then.

Actually it was never apparent to me that I have severe scaring until I lost 16 pounds weight 2 month ago...

I noticed the same thing, I think for me its a combo of still being tired and getting sleep rejuvinates me......although sometimes I look better at night, so who knows

No wonder Sleeping Beauty looks so flawless! :snooty:

I was thinking of posting the same question. Anyway... yeah, I notice the difference too. It's a difference you can see and feel. My face is amazingly smooth after waking up from sleep but looks terrible towards the end of the day, especially if I have classes.

I don't think it's because of the oil. Actually, my acne scars are less obvious when my face is oily. A lot of odd things make my face look more smooth (milk salt, lemon, sweat, ice, oil, and stress to name a few).

My best guess is sleeping / resting makes the skin more plump. It could also be how you position your head during your sleep. The pressure from resting your face on the pillow will make the scars on your face temporarily less obvious.

I think your skin swells during the night. I've read that it is not as effective to shave right away in the morning because you wont be getting as close as if you wait until evening.

Yup, I've said the same thing before. It's not my eyes...trust me. I can stand infront of the mirror for 10 minutes and it would still look 10X better then 10pm at night. Some of my scars can't even be seen when I wake up...but once I wash up and the hours go by, they resurface. I wish I can have morning skill all day long.

I look better in the morning. my red marks are a little faded. ...until i wash my face a minute later.

My scars also look better in the morning due to the fact that there is less blood circulation around the scars when I have been sleeping...

I have noticed that also. My face is usually a little more puffy in the morning so in my case, that explains it.

Dan T.

The reason is that your skin retains more fluid in the morning. There's another thread covering this: "Got Bio-Alcamid filler done." (see page 10). I think to look at night the way you do in the morning, you'd have to take a nap.

Cameron is right. If I take a nap say at 3pm till 7pm, I'll wake up with morning face again...but if I start doing any kind of active sports or just anything that require me to move around a lot, the scars will come back. Also I hate when I blush....my scars all turn red. UGH

yes in the morning it looks twice as better. solely for the fact that any amount of activity means that my face gets good circulation and all the red marks come out to play.

I definately notice the same thing. like many have said, some of my scars arent even visiable when i wake up. I think it has to do with not using your face muscles for a long stretch of time. also, maybe lying w/ your face on your pillow also smooths out the surface. hmmmm....

anyway, speaking of things like this, i'm also noticing now that its getting colder and my skin's alittle dryer, that my face is tighter, and my scars look abit less noticable. peace.

I swear to god, my scars look at LEAST 5x better right when I wake up (even before washing/showering) than when I go to bed. Am I the only one who notices this? Is it because my face seems/is more oily when I go to bed? Even after I wash it, the scars still look much worse than in the morning. When I wake up, they are hardly noticeable. This realization is giving me some hope... I just came off Accutane 2 months ago, it pretty much kicked acne's ass, but I've got a fair amount of scarring on my forehead and temple areas. Maybe it will go away (or stop looking so bad once my face stops being so oily all the time?)?

Totally agree...same thing with me. As others have said, has to do with water retention while sleeping, circulation, etc....

It's just that your face is puffy in the morning. It usually goes down in 3 hours or so. If you want to make your face even more puffy sleep w/o a pillow so your head isn't elevated & take showers at night so you don't have to in the morning.

i dont have so many scars yet but my face looks way better in the morning

and when i take the shower till i dont know 4 or 5 hours after i woke up, my face looks so damn bad!! oily! :(

i always think i look better at night :think: