Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristiana

Perfect Skin Not Possible?

I was thinking about this the other day.....before I got acne about a year ago, I had perfect skin. It was smooth, no pores, even-toned. I'd get a pimple once in a while, but it never really bothered me.

But, ever since getting acne and going to the derm to get it treated, I've become so anal about my skin. I'm at the point now where I don't get active pimples, but I still get small bumps every so often. However, these small bumps annoy me like crazy. I also stick my face two inches away from the mirror and examine it from every angle and in different lighting to see where the bumps are, how my pores look, the color of my skin.

I think I'm a little too concerned about having perfect air-brushed looking skin. Do any of you have this problem, too--where your expectations and hopes for your skin are not really realistic??

Yea i do that. My face used to be so bad and i remember thinking that all i wanted was it to clear up a little. Now it is so much better and i just want it to be perfect. I also look at it from diffrent angels and in diffrent lights to try and find the imperfections.

I do that exact same thing. I would give almost anything for perfect, airbrushed looking skin!!! People w/perfect skin are so incredibly lucky and they dont even realize it.!!!! ](*,) My face has drastically improved after i started using Benzaclin and tetracycline but it's still not up to my "standards". :evil:

i do tyhe same thing, i was clear but then i got 2 little zits and freaked out, and now my skin is hell again and i wish i had never freaked out about the little zits

Hmmmm :-k well from using the regimen my skin is as soft if not softer than before being plagued with acne - theres the odd area on my face I know 'll never be the same for example very top of my cheeks - have shallow scarring / visible pores but apart from that I'm feeling good about my skin.

Having said that tho I doubt I'll ever be able to look in the mirror without a massive inspection to see if theres more spots comming :evil::D

wow kristiana!

you sound JUST like me! i had PERFECT akin my whole life. Barely ever broke out as a teenager. Just the occasional zit every blue moon. My complexino was clear, smooth, even. Just beautiful. Ever since I turned 22, two years ago, I started getting adult acne, tons of redness, cogged pores, my forehead is all bumps its gross!! i get s-o-o-o depressed!

I wonder why its happening now? i went through my teens flawless?? i look in the mirror all day obsessing! i notice every pore, everything! i stare two inches from the mirror! im seeing a therapist becasue im so upset!! serious! i know how you feel!1 people with perfect skin are so lucky! i have spent so much money and time over this. And i think im actually making my skin worse. Next month im scheduled for a laser procedure to remove redness and broken cappilaries on my face!! i hope it works well. For now, im on doxycyclene, ortho tri cylcnene lo, use soemthing called finacea (it burnrs though) and washing with gentle clinique cleansers. I still break out all the time and have bumps on my forehead! will it ever end??

i'm with you! i understand!!

Yeah, I mentioned that to my derm--that I had flawless skin only a year ago, and now I have acne. The onset was so sudden and drastic. My derm said that it's common for people to develop acne in their twenties when they previously had a peaches-and-cream complexion.

I currently use Duac topical gel on my face and take doxycycline twice a day. It's working so far. I'm thinking about adding 2% salicyclic acid and glycolic acid to get rid of my annoying bumps on my face.

I'm a guy, and I speak for all the guys I know (most of them), when I say that we're quite realistic when it comes to flawless skin on women. The women in makeup ads look so rediculous, it isn't funny. Bronze/Gold/Beaming skin _doesn't_ look sexy... and I really wouldn't want to date a woman that looked like that. Yes, I still like beautiful women... but imperfections... well... no one's perfect. And everyone realizes that and understands it except you women.. :(

Lighten up, lean back, relax, don't lean so close to the mirror! When I see a woman with flawless skin, I immediately dismiss her.. why? I wouldn't want to date someone that spends an hour meticulously making up her face to the point where it is 100% void of any imperfections. Talk about a waste of my time...

So there. Don't worry about it, and don't strive for perfection... at least not in beauty areas.. school or athletics is okay. :( Some of the most beautiful women in the world have visible flaws on their faces, and they don't hide them. And men drool over them. We like confidence in our women too, you know...

I know exactly what you mean.

Up until I was 15, I had the most perfect skin....and I thought I had horrible acne! I look at pictures and videos and I go, "Why was I freaking out so much? I'd do anything to have that skin again!" I seriously had just the occasional pimple. Now I have a few pimples and just TONS of red marks that never seem to go away. And I obsess over it, for hours each day, it seems. I am so insecure right now. I always think people are just staring at my face and my marks.

I just wish I could be happy with my skin. But I know that even when I do have perfect skin again (I just HAVE to someday), there will be something else about my body for me to obsess over. If it's not one thing, it's another. :(

kristiana,

how long have you been on Doxy?

ive been on it twice a day since the end of April. Now,im down to one pill a day...slowing weenig off it. However, my skin is awful!! i have HUGE cysts on my face, bumps, redness etc..its horrible. i cried all day. i dont want to go back to doxy twice a day becasue its not good to be on that too long. maybe ill try accutane. My skin has spiraled out of control and i need help!! any advice??

thanks

I've been on it for about four months now. I don't care if I have to take it for the rest of my life. I went through such a huge depression and had to see a therapist after I got acne because I just couldn't deal with it. So, I'm willing to take the bad that goes along with taking Doryx if that means I'll be emotionally sane. I plan on taking it until it stops working, and then I'll switch to another antibiotic. My acne isn't severe enough for accutane, so antibiotics are my solution right now.

I think you should just go on Accutane. I guess it's scary because there's been so much bad stuff said about it, but if you're crying all day, unhappy, miserable, then I would just go ahead and do it. I think it's definitely worth a shot.