Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deeeleted

NEW GALLERY ! 13 pics plz comment

haha both of you guys name's are very optimistic . acnesux and lifesux.

yea i really need to change that avatar its like thats all ppl ever comment on haha

well like my doc is really unfriendly and just wants to get stuff over with so ive gotta convince him that all the meds ive taken havent worked.

haha both of you guys name's are very optimistic . acnesux and lifesux.

yea i really need to change that avatar its like thats all ppl ever comment on haha

well like my doc is really unfriendly and just wants to get stuff over with so ive gotta convince him that all the meds ive taken havent worked.

hahaha i couldnt think of any name but since im fighting acnes so why not make it acnesuxx lolz. Yeah, like the other guy said, u should go on accutane , go to another derm if yours doesnt want u on it which is gonna be ridiculous

I thought you already were on accutane, too. I think you should talk your derm into it. I don't know why they make you jump so many hoops beforehand. It just risks scarring. Your skin is a lot mike my daughter's, and she's on accutane now.

I posted this in the thread w/your pics, but I wasn't sure you'd see it, so I'm posting it here too.

Accutane. It's the only thing that's going to get rid of your acne. My skin was REALLY bad at your age, and after several accutane treatments, it looks MUCH MUCH MUCH better. It's really the only thing that works. Topicals are not going to do anything for skin like yours. Trust me ... I've been there. I don't mean that to be mean ... I just don't want you to have to waste a lot of time trying tons of antibiotics and topicals that don't work. Derms like to use Accutane (and rightfully so most of the time) as a last alternative, but in bad cases of acne, I really believe that accutane is the only thing that's going to work. I used to use alcohol and needles on my face too. It didn't work, but it made me feel better anyway, so I completely understand :)

Your acne looks just like mine. I went on the generic accutane 21 days ago. I didn't have to convince my derm at all, I just walked in and the first thing he said was Accutane in a very asian accent. So here I am-- no different, but it should work.

Yeah dont want to be mean or anything but I think you should definitely get the accutane. Your acne looks pretty bad and it could lead to possible scarring. If you take the accutane at least you know that it will work in the course of 5-6 months. Dont waste your time trying topicals and stuff like that cause i'm thinking that it will just lead to accutane later on anyways. So save yourself the headache and get on it now.

Guest pop tarts

I don't really see any cysts but I'm guessing you had them before. Those redmarks look like the ones on my forehead. All in all it doesn't look too bad. :)

Guest james11

ani in fl, in this case i agree with you but you seem to just tell everyone to go on accutane.

ani in fl, in this case i agree with you but you seem to just tell everyone to go on accutane.

Sorry, but I don't agree. If you have bad acne, I think it's the only option that truly works, but I do not believe that accutane is for everyone. I don't think teenagers with non-severe puberty acne should be on accutane. I see a lot of people on this board that I don't believe need to be on accutane. It's not really my judgement call to make though. It's really between the person and that person's doctor. I'm not sure what you're basing your opinion on.

Do you have or have you ever had bad acne???? A few pimples is one thing ... but there's nothing else that truly works for bad acne other than accutane. I spent years and years trying everything imaginable for my skin with no success. I wish I had gone on accutane sooner. I do think it's an amazing drug, so you willl see with saying positive things about it. I suppose you could misinterpret that to mean I think accutane is the only option in every case, but that would be inaccurate.

Guest james11

Sorry, but I don't agree. If you have bad acne, I think it's the only option that truly works, but I definitely don't think teenagers with non-severe puberty acne should be on accutane. I'm not sure what you're basing your opinion on. Do you have or have you ever had bad acne???? A few pimples is one thing ... but there's nothing else that truly works for bad acne other than accutane. Please know that I speak from my 20 years of dealing with my own skin problems.

I read a post of yours today telling a boy to take accutane who had one cyst and not much more. That is over-prescribing, even by your standards.

Yes i have had bad acne. 18 months ago i had severe acne to the point where my dermatologist (with 30 years experience treating skin) said it was a pretty bad case. He never suggested accutane, i never wanted it either. Just last week he told me that accutane is an awful drug and in this day and age should be abolished as there are other modalities to treat severe acne.

"There's nothing else that truly works for bad acne other than accutane". :liar: Yes there is. I'm proof of that, my skin is almost clear.

I've tackled my acne through the use of PDT (Photo Dynamic Light Therapy) and ALA (Amino Levulinic Acid). Have you ever tried this? Do you understand what it achieves?

So what are you basing your opinion on? Have you tried every other form of severe acne treatment to no avail? There are treatments around now that wouldn't have been available 20, even 10 years ago so i don't think that your battle warrants an unquestionable knowledge of acne treatments.

You said yourself that you took several courses of accutane to improve your skin. That's dubious. Have you ever considered that accutane has caused great amounts of damage to your liver? 20 years is a long time to suffer from acne, accutane may be what's causing it to linger

I read a post of yours today telling a boy to take accutane who had one cyst and not much more. That is over-prescribing, even by your standards.

Yes i have had bad acne. 18 months ago i had severe acne to the point where my dermatologist (with 30 years experience treating skin) said it was a pretty bad case. He never suggested accutane, i never wanted it either. Just last week he told me that accutane is an awful drug and in this day and age should be abolished as there are other modalities to treat severe acne.

"There's nothing else that truly works for bad acne other than accutane". :liar: Yes there is. I'm proof of that, my skin is almost clear.

I've tackled my acne through the use of PDT (Photo Dynamic Light Therapy) and ALA (Amino Levulinic Acid). Have you ever tried this? Do you understand what it achieves?

So what are you basing your opinion on? Have you tried every other form of severe acne treatment to no avail? There are treatments around now that wouldn't have been available 20, even 10 years ago so i don't think that your battle warrants an unquestionable knowledge of acne treatments.

You said yourself that you took several courses of accutane to improve your skin. That's dubious. Have you ever considered that accutane has caused great amounts of damage to your liver? 20 years is a long time to suffer from acne, accutane may be what's causing it to linger

I'm giving my opinion, which I believe is what this forum is for. I suppose I could apologize to you for my opinion being different than yours, but that really doesn't seem warranted. I thought that guy's acne looked painful, it was bothering him, and he said he had tried other methods (unsuccessfully) to treat it. That was my opinion. I never forced him to take accutane nor would I. If you have a better idea, then share your opinion, and he can decide. He asked for opinions I believe, and I provided mine. I'm not quite sure why you think your opinion would be more valuable than mine. Are you a doctor???

I'd love to see your before and after pictures if you have them.

Your choice not to take accutane is certainly ... your choice, but I'm not quite sure where you've come up with it being this awful drug. Because your dermatologist said so???? That's his opinion, and there are many like it and many that differ. I have never seen (based on my personal experience) any other ways to treat severe acne. I've never seen them, and I've never heard about them. I don't claim to be an expert (my guess would be you're not an expert either)....otherwise, they'd call me "Dr. Ani", but I'm sharing my experience and my "battle" if you will with acne over an extended period of time along with the advice I've received from numerous dermatologists over the years -- from as far back as probably 20 years ago to as recently as week ago.

I hardly think Accutane is the cause of my acne lingering, but I suppose you could draw any conclusion.

I've never tried PDT and ALA, but I'm open to any suggestions of anything that works on acne. I'm hardly completely closed minded. I just found something that I think works better than anything I've yet seen (no, it's not perfect). I'll ask my derm about your suggestions, certainly try them if they come recommended from a doctor and if they work, I'll champion those, too. How's that work for you?

I don't believe I have any liver problems. I've never had a doctor tell me I had any problems with my liver. I've had numerous blood work specifically looking at my liver, and never had any of those come back bad. I also get annual blood work, which has never come back bad. But ... I suppose anything's possible.

I'm giving my opinion, which I believe is what this forum is for. I suppose I could apologize to you for my opinion being different than yours, but that really doesn't seem warranted. I thought that guy's acne looked painful, it was bothering him, and he said he had tried other methods (unsuccessfully) to treat it. That was my opinion. I never forced him to take accutane nor would I. If you have a better idea, then share your opinion, and he can decide. He asked for opinions I believe, and I provided mine. I'm not quite sure why you think your opinion would be more valuable than mine. Are you a doctor???

I'd love to see your before and after pictures if you have them.

Your choice not to take accutane is certainly ... your choice, but I'm not quite sure where you've come up with it being this awful drug. Because your dermatologist said so???? That's his opinion, and there are many like it and many that differ. I have never seen (based on my personal experience) any other ways to treat severe acne. I've never seen them, and I've never heard about them. I don't claim to be an expert (my guess would be you're not an expert either)....otherwise, they'd call me "Dr. Ani", but I'm sharing my experience and my "battle" if you will with acne over an extended period of time along with the advice I've received from numerous dermatologists over the years -- from as far back as probably 20 years ago to as recently as week ago.

I hardly think Accutane is the cause of my acne lingering, but I suppose you could draw any conclusion.

I've never tried PDT and ALA, but I'm open to any suggestions of anything that works on acne. I'm hardly completely closed minded. I just found something that I think works better than anything I've yet seen (no, it's not perfect). I'll ask my derm about your suggestions, certainly try them if they come recommended from a doctor and if they work, I'll champion those, too. How's that work for you?

I don't believe I have any liver problems. I've never had a doctor tell me I had any problems with my liver. I've had numerous blood work specifically looking at my liver, and never had any of those come back bad. I also get annual blood work, which has never come back bad. But ... I suppose anything's possible.

Well said!!

Ani, you are really open minded and adorable!!

hey there,

now, my acne looked similar, except i had those only on my cheeks and chin and i never ever got even a cyst there (the only cyst i got was when i was 14 and didnt have any acne, i got it on my nose and it was so painful but it disseapered after a while).. however, i know the reason why i got such a terrible acne.. during the summer i got lots and lots of sunburn and used ointment on my face, and as a result i broke out like hell, and in addtition i used one of the most harsh products you can buy, exposed skin care which made my face twice or triple as bad.. anyway

i went to the doctor, not dermatologist (i dont have insurance and its probably cheaper that way) and he prescribed me a minocycline 2x100mg a day + erythometcin (spelling) pads, and also im having laser treatments twice a week which produce a great results, i think they fasten the healing, but thats just me, im not sure whats laser really does to my face.

all i wanted to say for u is to stop using all the harsh products and go to the derm, im planning to go derm as soon as i get my insurance (in 2 weeks or so) and see whats going on.. sometimes im getting crazy beacuse the proccess of getting this red marks to heal takes a few a light years, and i think i would even try accutane if it would help. my doctor told me he would put on accutane even the laser and antibiotic woulldnt work, or send me to the bueatician that would exofoliate my face(not sure about that one)

good luck, i feel your pain

On your first picture you had the comment you used a safety pin?? I used to use safety pins as well but it was always so difficult to get through the pore UNTIL a year ago when I got a 1 ml (size of syringe) 26 Gauge (thickness of needle) 3/8 Intradermal Bevel Needle (Length of needle) and I won't ever go back to my safety pin days. You should be able to pick a few needles up from your local drugstore or even eBay if you're concerned about what people may think if you try to buy a needle. My needle is a B-D 1ml 26G3/8, which of course I just throw the syringe part away. The thickness of the needle is much smaller so following through the pore to the pocket of puss is MUCH easier which thus leads of course to less scaring and faster healing. I can't say I get 100% of my pimples successfully followed through via a pore as some pores I just can't see or they appear to be the wrong pore, but sometimes i just get really frustrated and poke through the skin to the deposit anyways which I don't recommend as it's quite painful and it's only about a 1 in 2 chance that I actually get to the deposit. Hope this helps! Note, it'd be best to get some rubbing alcohol and sterilize the needle part everytime prior to your 'personal time' with the mirror to minimize any chance of infection.

Guest james11

You answered all my queries in your post ani in fl, i apologise for my ignorance.

To answer your questions, i don't have before/after pics. I can definately get them because my Derm has taken photos regularly. You can probably understand people not wanting to look at photos, which i don't.

The PDT with ALA has worked really well so far, though it does have a little down time and costs quite a bit too.

It is definately recognised by doctors (it's not some hocus treatment) and the ALA has to be applied by a Derm. It's a medical treatment that's relatively new, my treatments have even altered since my first one approx 10 months ago.

Yeah dont want to be mean or anything but I think you should definitely get the accutane. Your acne looks pretty bad and it could lead to possible scarring. If you take the accutane at least you know that it will work in the course of 5-6 months. Dont waste your time trying topicals and stuff like that cause i'm thinking that it will just lead to accutane later on anyways. So save yourself the headache and get on it now.

This is exactly what I was going to say......you need to get to a derm asap before you get scarring. I saw in one of your picture responses that you said you had to convince your mom to let you do Accutane....

Note to Mom......

Please let your son take Accutane. You will be doing him a great service, and he needs your support! :angel:

I'm on Day 48 of Tane and so happy I'm taking it. My acne wasn't as severe, but very persistent. It did get out of control this summer and that worried me because of possible scarring and getting even worse.

Good luck, I think you should definitely get Tane.

You answered all my queries in your post ani in fl, i apologise for my ignorance.

To answer your questions, i don't have before/after pics. I can definately get them because my Derm has taken photos regularly. You can probably understand people not wanting to look at photos, which i don't.

The PDT with ALA has worked really well so far, though it does have a little down time and costs quite a bit too.

It is definately recognised by doctors (it's not some hocus treatment) and the ALA has to be applied by a Derm. It's a medical treatment that's relatively new, my treatments have even altered since my first one approx 10 months ago.

james11, I'd love to see pics. I'm not familiar with this treatment.

Ha! How funny, I just replied and when I replied your name was James and now you've changed it! It was right before my eyes! :)

aHHHHHHH so my rents got back from their cruise today and called mr dermo. even after they booked an appointment she asked about accutane. my doctor said he does not prescribe accutane and will not.

WTF

so im looking for a new derm, hoping to find a good doctor at the Mayo clinic down the road, where doctors there actually have Ph.D. ' s and not just an M.D. .

Ahhhh...two new cysts over the holiday weekend...bringing my total active cyst count to 4 !

please someone prescribe me accutane...

I tried PDT and it did NOT do anything. It cost me a lot of money and left me very depressed as the results were non existant. I am now about to try accutane. My dermatologist is very good, he does appear to really care and has gone through the side effects with me well. You can't argue with its success stories, look at claud! That is truly inspiring progress and I don't think you should jump down ani_in_fl's throat just because she is giving her opinion. Yes different things work for different people but she is not denying that. This boys acne does appear to be severe, and sometimes when fighting sever acne you need to use the severe option, in this case accutane. I am glad PDT worked for you, but not everybody is that lucky.