Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daz2

how many times were you on accutane?

How many times were you on accutane until it all cleared up?

i've been on once for 5 months and now it has come back 7 months later...still pretty bad :(

i'm going to go on accutane again to see if i can totally get rid of this thing

has anyone had much success with a 2nd round of accutane?

cheers

i've been on once for 5 months and now it has come back 7 months later...still pretty bad :(

cheers

For the 7 months, were you completely clear?

how old are u ?? i just wanna know of those people whose pimples come back after accutane, teens or adults ...

Here is my theory, based purely on my own observation and hopefully logic. It seems to me that accutane only works permanenty on people who would have grown out of acne within a few months/years anyway. I.e., older people. Here's what happened with my daughter. She did her first course at 14/15 years. Her course was 6 mos, and the acne came back within months...and it was much worse. I believe she is one of those unlucky people whose bodies produce a lot of oil, and the peak kicked in at 16. I think that accutane will get rid of the oil in your body while you're taking it, but if you're young, and not even at the peak of your oil-producing years, it will probably come back. After all, what's to stop the oil from being produced? All accutane does, and again this is purely opinion and observation, is squeeze out every last drop of oil in your face. If your oil-producing years are behind you, then YEY, you're done.

If you're still producing oil, then you'll probably need a second, or even third course. Each time you take it you're getting nearer to the "growing out of it" stage. Also, you will be clear for months, or years at a time, during the time that you take the accutane and for whatever period after. So you're basically buying time.

cheers

4th course, and I'm 34.

cheers

for the 6 months i was completely clear...spotless

n then during my final high school exams they came back and have now reached a state where they...although aren't all over my face rather my chin and around my lower cheeks n mouth...they are very painful n i fear they might scar due to their nature.

I want to go back on accutane but i felt like i had to virtualyl wait a full year to be back to 'normal' (i.e. 6 motnhs for the tane and 6 for the remission period)

I'm on day 63 of my 3rd course

how has your experience differed over the second n third courses? has their been less side effects? i'm more or less worried abou the redness

im 26 and on my third course.

i think that all the people that accutane worked for, are gone from this board..

its really hard to keep track of all the people accutane worked for because once they clear up they flee this board...the ones who it doesnt work for stick around...

this site is kinda depressing, so i cant blame people for leaving and never coming back.

I am 26 years old and I did a 6 month round when I was 13. My face was clear for years until I got pregnant with my son at 18. And to this day I have been battling mild acne. When I went on Accutane I had moderate to severe acne so I guess the Accutane helped because I'll take mild acne anyday.

I'm 20, and on my first and hopefully last round of Accutane right now. I have had mild to moderate acne during my recent years... mostly plugged pores and blackheads, with some bacne and an occasional nodule. My derm said because I'm so old (lol) it's a good time to do Accutane... less chance of it coming back or something. I certainly hope so.

On the one hand I wish I had done Accutane in my early teens, because nothing else really ever worked (though some things helped). But of course on the other hand, who's to say the acne wouldn't have just come back. *sigh*