Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zitqueen

Has ERYTHROMYCIN worked for anyone here.

nope. i was on 2 doses of 500mg a day for 3 weeks, along with benzamycin (topical) and my skin just got worse. antibiotics generally aren't an effective way to treat acne, because it usually reappears once you stop taking them.

wow, i use it topically and it has worked very well without overdrying my skin. I originally used a brand from spain(for 8 months),i ran out recently so i'm using one from the states. not as wonderful but still results are grand.

:evil:

I've been taking it orally for over 6 months now, but i think it reduced the amount of spots i got every day, from 8 to about 5 :evil: .

Honestly it's not that effective on it's own, you'll need to take somethin with it or use a topical treatment.

i was on it from february until about 2 weeks ago and it reduced my acne from a consistent 6 cystic and multiple normal type acne at anyone time to about 3-4 small spots and 1 cyctic every 6 weeks..

worked very well, but the last 6 weeks i would say i was beginning to get more acne - but not sure if that is related to the summer heat - have switched to some weird 3rd line anti-biotic as an interim until i have my next derm appointment

oh I forgot - it gave me pretty consistent mouth ulcers the whole time - which have stopped now i'm off it - that and it upset my stomache really badly if i didnt take probiotics everyday

i'm on erythromycin

NO noticable difference whatsoever...Zero. There's really no point of me taking it besides for thinking that it does something...lol

Topical worked really well for me for a couple years until it lost it's effectiveness. The oral eryth did absolutely nothing for me.

i'm on it topically.. and i like it a lot but then again i think its something else with erythromycin in it!! but anyway its called Staticin(the name brand) anyway there werent any side effects except ones i put too much on and then my face started peeling bad!!