Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

when taking lemon juice does it have to be striaght from the lemon or will bottled lemon juice work as well? Thansk

freshly squizzed lemon jooce - my bottle of lemon in a bottle doesn't even say it has any vit c in at all :-s

I use lemon juice straight from the bottle. It has worked wonders for me compared to any other product ive tried.

What the hell, are you saying the vit c in lemons helps acne :-s

why not just eat oranges, don't they have a higher concentration, better yet why not just take suppliments?

What the hell, are you saying the vit c in lemons helps acne :-s  

why not just eat oranges, don't they have a higher concentration, better yet why not just take suppliments?

whoa whoa hold up... that's what I've gathered from reading alot about it, lemons are high in natural vit c - which is good for you anyway - think ingesting it's juice is worked on a "more is better" basis coupled with lots of water. Don't hold me to anything I'm not fruit expert but this seems to work for me -

8 glasses of water a day with 1 tea spoon of FRESH SQUEEZED lemon juice (meaning you ahve to cut a lemon open and squeeze the juice out)

100mg of vit c and 15mg zinc supliment once a day

Was taking the supp's about 5 months before trying the lemon with nothing too noticeable, can say noticed a good improvement after week or two using the juice also.

Theres a whole thread in the scar treatments section on lemon juice + vinegar if you care to read - has a hell load about it along with ppl's experience with it. Good 'luck

I think that lemon thing is a myth because im a lover of lemonade and lemon stuff since i was youger and i never seemed to noticed an improvement in my acne [-X [-X [-X

Lemon juice is acidic so it kills the acne bacteria. It does work.

As for using it is very simple. I use a cotten ball and pore(sp? lol) some lemon juice until it is nice an full. After that I just swab it on my face and just let it dry out. It does burn a tad bit but depending on how bad your acne is. When I started using it my face was pretty bad so it burned quite a bit at first. After a while when it started to disapear it barely stung. Ive also used an over the counter BP with it every few days which didnt seem to dry out my skin.

edit; ive been using it for about 2 months now I think. And use it! it is *very* effective and very low cost compared to many other forms of treatment.

So you drink it and put in on your face?

Thx for your reply Slaughter :evil:

!I AM THE LEMON MAN!