Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neonbeam04

Enlarge Pores with Underlying red pigmentation (How do you cure?)

I'm sure alot of people here are affected by a combination of problems that might require different forms of treatment for optimal effectiveness. So what happens when you have 2 problems that overlap each other? Its been said that TCA will further worsen enlarge pores but is extremely effective on red scars (pigmentation). What happens if your enlarged pores problem is as bad as the red scars (i.e. it spreads from the nose area right across both cheeks). Everyone is free to put your expert opinions in! :)

It sounds like we have similar skin, mines probably wores though, because i have a million of them. As far as i know the pigmentation has something to do with blood vessals that formed to heal the large pores/icepicks. And you cannot get rid of one whithout the other. This is jusy an assumption. Doing away with the pigmentation(redness) would be enough for me.

Im going to take the chance and start with a 12.5% TCA cross peel on the whole face. and use skinbiologys super cop 2x serum. It may look wores at first, but much better in the long run. maybe. i hope.

Have you found any answers elseware?

if you all are talking abt red or dark marks, i recomend olay total white cream, only apply them on red and dark spots, it helped me in 2 application within 24 hours, i can see them slowly fading

:D i got it for Rm10 ( malaysian currency ) it means abt 3USD. If u r a westerner, i guess it wouldn't be too good applying on the whole face as it makes the skin pale :D

yup I have to agree acne treatment is sometimes about chances. But its always better that you learn from other ppls experiences. I've read that if your complexion is already smooth and yours are underlying red scars/pigmentations or enlarged pores, chemical peels would make it worse. My logic is that the problem doesnt lie on the surface but deeper under the epidermis so stimulating collagen production would improve the skin on a deeper level. As such, I think the fraxel laser or smoothbeam laser would do just that.

Thats just my 2cents. :)

I'm sure alot of people here are affected by a combination of problems that might require different forms of treatment for optimal effectiveness. So what happens when you have 2 problems that overlap each other? Its been said that TCA will further worsen enlarge pores but is extremely effective on red scars (pigmentation). What happens if your enlarged pores problem is as bad as the red scars (i.e. it spreads from the nose area right across both cheeks). Everyone is free to put your expert opinions in! :)

I have the exact same problem. Far as I can tell there is no "cure". Mine came from using too much bp and just generally treating my skin like crap.

have you guys thought about ROSACEA????

Mos of us who have suffered from acne have used a lot of products making our skin hypersensitive. In some cases it can cause rosacea. So be careful if that redness tends to be more permanent.

I've been reading about the v-beam laser. Has this worked for anyone? I cant afford to pay for it and see no results.

have you guys thought about ROSACEA????

Mos of us who have suffered from acne have used a lot of products making our skin hypersensitive. In some cases it can cause rosacea. So be careful if that redness tends to be more permanent.

uhm..yes....i been told i don't have it though. I think the redness I have are a mix of scarred pores and redmarks. There is practically nothing that can be done since most scar treatments tend to make big pores bigger.

try glycolic peel, it'll help lighten them. And also try emu + jojoba oil with aloevera and vitamin E mixed together to heal ur skin faster, do this by urself it'll help alot in ur scar

try glycolic peel, it'll help lighten them. And also try emu + jojoba oil with aloevera and vitamin E mixed together to heal ur skin faster, do this by urself it'll help alot in ur scar

I'm actually scheduled for a smooth beam laser later this week. It's my first treatment and i'm actually quite apprehensive. Actually my scars are really different from most here as i have alot of 'underlying' problems like red scars that have been ard for over 5 years, not those hyperpigmentations after an acne type. I'm on glycolic peel but as my skin is quite sensitive I only use them once every 2 days and its effect is minimal.