Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
London1986

Just over a month into Accutane...

I haven't done a log because I thought I'd find it faintly depressing and demoralising posting every new spot on a daily basis, but after 4 weeks of taking 40mg's of Roaccutane a day, my skin is the clearest it has been in years.

I'm also using Proactiv and Cetaphil moisturiser and it looks great, feels smooth and is drier (but in a nice way).

Hopefully the pores will start shrinking soon because I notice that looking under a shaving mirror they are still quite big, but there is definite progress. There was a small outbreak to begin with but it could have just been co-incidence.

Anyway, 2-3 months left and I will keep you informed. My acne is mild to moderate, by the way.

I haven't done a log because I thought I'd find it faintly depressing and demoralising posting every new spot on a daily basis, but after 4 weeks of taking 40mg's of Roaccutane a day, my skin is the clearest it has been in years.

I'm also using Proactiv and Cetaphil moisturiser and it looks great, feels smooth and is drier (but in a nice way).

Hopefully the pores will start shrinking soon because I notice that looking under a shaving mirror they are still quite big, but there is definite progress. There was a small outbreak to begin with but it could have just been co-incidence.

Anyway, 2-3 months left and I will keep you informed. My acne is mild to moderate, by the way.

I think you shouldn't use anything but a basic bar of soap. Proactiv will cause worse redmarks than usually. But hey, it your happy, you face. :)

Mystero, soap has got to be the absolute worse thing you could use on your face. It is extremely drying, and irritating; it actually strips your skin of it's natural oils. However, many people still do swear by soap. But I guess if it works for you...I should shut my mouth eh? :eh:

Mystero, soap has got to be the absolute worse thing you could use on your face. It is extremely drying, and irritating; it actually strips your skin of it's natural oils. However, many people still do swear by soap. But I guess if it works for you...I should shut my mouth eh? :eh:

That what would you propose? Just water? They make soap just to ruin peoples faces I hear.

Proactiv actually warn you not to use it while on Accutane but it has given me no problems whatsoever, in fact it finished the initial breakout.

The combination of Accutane and Proactiv seems to be working a treat and my skin doesn't peel at all. Before I found the cetaphil moisturiser though my skin was peeling off in sheets so I can only assume that it is still in good condition due to being well moisturised.

What are these 'red marks' as well? I haven't had any?