Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lafasta

LAFASTA'S TANE JOURNAL

I can't believe i'm actually starting an accutane journal! I've been waiting to do this for so long and I finally can now that i finally got my perscription.

So, first a bit about me...I'm a 21 year old female, 105lbs, 5'2. My acne is mild most of the time with the occasional moderate breakout. I've had acne since i was about 12 or 13, but it never really bothered me too much until I was 19 and my skin just started breaking out really bad. I went to my derm and he put me on mino, which i had a allergic reaction to (that really sucked acne PLUS hives...ya not pretty!). Then he put me on differin, which didn't do anything but break me out more. Then he put me on vitamin A acid cream, which pretty much did the same thing as differin....NOTHING. Then my family doc gave me Dianette to try to see if it was a hormonal thing, but there wasn't really a change from Dianette and I've been on it for over a year now so i don't think its completely hormonal acne.

So finally, my derm finally decided it was time for the BIG GUNZ! Yay for me cuz i'm sick of acne and i want it gone for good.

So my course is gonna be 20mg a day to start for the 1st month since i don't really weigh alot, and then my derm is gonna hopefully put it up to 40mg for the rest of the time....which is...I don't know how long cuz he said he wants to see how it goes and play it by ear. So the length of my course is unknown at this point. But i'm gonna estimate 4 months which is about 120 days.

So i got my Accutane today, and I'm gonna take my first pill 2nite when i eat.

I have a question, not that anyone is gonna read this, but i thought i'd ask neways.

I ordered my accutane from an online pharmacy because i don't have health insurance and it would cost a fortune from my regular drugstore. It was shipped to me from Turkey. Has anyone else done this. I just really didnt' feel like paying like 400 bucks when i could pay closer to 200 for my perscription.

Anyways, If anyone reads this, thanx for the support. If not, i'm just happy to finally be on TANE!! :D ~

~Lafasta~

hey good luck with accutane, I too just started 2 days ago with 60mg/day, i also dont have insurance and it cost a fortune, can that site from Turkey be trusted ??

DAY 3

So i popped my 3rd pill today at lunch. So far no side effects that i can tell, unless you count my skin started to feel a little tight when i was drivin' home from work today. Hmmm....wonder if it could be the tane starting to work already. I sure hope so, but i doubt it.

So my skin condition at the present time...surprisingly not too bad. I got a few small whiteheads at the right corner of my mouth, and 2 on my left cheek and by my lip on the left side. My forehead has those bumps on it that don't look like whiteheads, but more like tiny skin coloured bumps all over. Not too noticable when i wear makeup, but when i stand under the light you can definately see the raised bumps.

Last night though was a totally different story. I went to my aunts house for dinner and i happened to catch a glimps of myself in the mirror in her hallway and i wanted to run into a closet and hide. There were whiteheads and shiney skin everywhere...EWWWW! I looked awful. I came home and washed my face right away, and went to bed cuz i didn't wanna look at myself anymore. But when i woke up this morning the face situation didnt' seem so bad. Most of the whiteheads were gone and by the end of the day my skin wasn't too oily.

I have sensitive skin i think, so my face has this weird texture most of the time. Its dry around my mouth and cheeks, and oily on my forehead and nose. So I have flakey dry oily skin...don't know how that's possible, but that's what i have. I can't use products for dry skin cuz it makes my oily areas REALLY oily. And i can't use products for oily skin cuz it REALLY irritates the dry areas. Very frustrating.

So I'm going to the drug store now to stock up on chapstick and moisturizer for when the accutane finally decides to show me it's side effects. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later!

~Lafasta~

London1986

Good luck on your course too! Hopefully in a couple months we'll be well on our way to bein' clear!!

The site i ordered from seemed very reputable. I received my shippment in only 5 days including the weekend so they're really fast too. The cost is around $170 US for 90 20mg capsules (plus shipping).

Day 5

Okay, I just have to say today was a great day skin wise. I don't know if its too good to be true but my skin seems to be clearing alot already. I only have 3 small white heads by the corner of my mouth on the right, and a tiny one on my right cheek. My forehead still has those bumps on it too, but they seem less noticable today too. I know its too early for the tane to be working but i don't know any other reason why my skin could look this good. I'm gonna enjoy this while i can, because i know the initial breakout is just around the corner.

As for the side effects, lips started to get dry yesterday, and today they are really dry. I have to put lipbalm on them every 10 minutes it seems. I just ate an apple and it stung really bad. I don't have aquafor that everyone talks about in their logs, i just have Lobello chapstick. But i'm seriously thinking about going to get some because if they're starting to bug me now and it's only day 5, i know its gonna get alot worse. My face is starting to get dry too. It was kinda flaky around my mouth and on my forehead when i woke up this morning. A little on my cheeks near my jaw line too. When i put my makeup on, it looked kinda flakey. I don't care though because it just means that the accutane is starting to get into my system and is beginning to work.

~Lafasta~

DAY 6

Skin is definately dryer today. A little flakey all over, but still not too bad. I think the initial break out is gonna start soon because there is a cyst growing on the left side of my chin and it's really hurting. There's also one on the tip of my nose too, YUCK! This is really wierd to me cuz before i was on tane i never got cysts ever. I sure hope i don't get more cuz the one on my chin is killin' me! OUCH! I put some BP on it, which i know ur not supposed to do while on Tane, but i'm sure a little bit wont do too much damage.

As for the rest of my face, other than the flakyness and the little bit of redness, it's lookin' really good! I can't believe how fast my active acne has cleared! I only have maybe 3 tiny whitehead on my right cheek and thats it. My chin is REALLY ichy though. Not where the cyst is growing, but right in the middle. Maybe it's from the dry skin??? Hmmm...not sure. Maybe there's another cyst growing there (i really hope that's not it!). I guess now i just have the initial breakout to look forward to! Well, i'm ready and waiting!

DAY 8

1 WEEK DOWN, 15 MORE 2 GO!

I can't believe i'm done 1 week on tane already! Its gone by really fast so far, i just hope the rest of the weeks go by this fast.

So I was right about the itchyness on my chin. Another cyst did pop up on the left side of my chin, and it is startin' to hurt. The one on the right is almost gone now though which is good. The one on my nose is gone, just dry skin left where it was. My chin is still REALLY itchy still though. It got so itchy today at work i wanted to scratch the skin right off! I've never felt anything like that before. It was also itchy around the sides of my nose too. I put some cortizone anti-itch cream on it to make it stop cuz i couldn't take it anymore. Not sure if that was a good idea or not but it just got so bad i just didn't care, i just wanted it to stop itching! I still don't know why the itchyness started in the first place. I still think it's because my skin is starting to get really dry, or maybe because there's acne under there that's tryin' to come up. :think: I have no idea, but if anyone can tell me why I'd really love to know.

Anyways, as for my active acne...I don't have any!!!! YAY! I still can't believe that my face cleared so fast. I'm still waiting for the initial breakout to come, but i am enjoying the clear skin while i can. I have only 2 tiny healing spots on my forehead and on teeny tiny one by the left corner of my mouth. But thats it!

I am starting to have some side effects though. I felt really dizzy yesterday morning. It went away after about an hour so i don't know if it was caused by the tane or not. My skin is really starting to get dry and flakey. I also got the itchy chin and nose which i already mentioned. And my lips are pretty dry too. But other than that, everything's goin' great. If this is as bad as it gets, then it's clear sailin' for me here on in!

~Lafasta~

Im itching on the sides of my nose too and skin were peeling off. I guess that its too dry that's why they itch so much. Anyways, what moisturizer are u using , im not using any having the hope that my marks and redmarks will be gone after tane !!

DAY 9

acnesuxx: I'm using "Marcel Hydrating Fluid" as a moisturizer right now. It's for Oily skin and it dries with a matte finish so your skin never looks greasy after you put it on. Its very good for sensitive skin because it noncomedogenic and hypoallergenic. It's not a very strong moisterizer though so I think i'm gonna have to change to a different one once my skin starts to get drier. Its pretty expensive too. I pay $17.95. I think you can get it with a sunscreen in it too, which i might try later.

------------------------------------

Okay...its day 9 and i'm as extremely happy with my results so far. I still can't believe how great my skin looks right now. All my active acne is almost gone. Except for those 2 cysts on my chin that are almost gone now, I only have 2 super small whiteheads on my forehead. You can bearly even see them. The only reason why i saw them is because i practically press my face up to the mirror examining it every night like i'm on CSI or something. I guess we all get a little obsessed with our skin when we're on accutane. Probly cuz we can't wait for the day when we don't have to worry about it anymore.

As for side effects, skin and lips getting drier by the day. The itchiness is not so bad today thank God cuz i think i might of gone insane if it was as bad as it was yesterday. My chin is still a little itchy. I had a head ache again today, but it went away after about an hour. Not even sure it that was tane related, but i rarely ever get headaches so i thought i'd write it down in here just incase. That's pretty much it though. No serious side effects or anything and i hope it stays that way. I'm still waiting for the initial breakout to come. I wanna get it over with ASAP so i can continue on this crazy road to Clear skin.

~Lafasta~

The only reason why i saw them is because i practically press my face up to the mirror examining it every night like i'm on CSI or something. I guess we all get a little obsessed with our skin when we're on accutane. Probly cuz we can't wait for the day when we don't have to worry about it anymore.

Like youre on CSI :lol2: I wish I could say the same. :ninja: I know whatcha mean about being obsessed. Im constantly in the mirror every minute running back and fourth..its the reason why I dont get my work done on time. Its good your face is clearing. Hopefully your initial breakout isnt too bad.

DAY 15

My internet was down for a while so I haven't been able to write in my log for a few days. But its fixed now so its time for an update!!!

I'd just like to say...I'M CLEAR!!!! And by clear I mean not a single pimple anywhere on my face! The 3 cysts i wrote about before are completely gone now and all that is left is smooth skin. I really can't believe it. Could this be for real? Has anyone else cleared this fast? Everyday i wake up expecting to see the initial break out exploding on my face but it still hasn't come yet. I know i'm only 2 weeks in, so i shouldn't speak too soon, but how could i go from being completely clear, not even a red mark, to an initial break out?? If someone reading this has or knows of someone who has cleared this fast on Tane can u let me know?

I do still have the flakey skin and lips. My eyes are starting to feel dry too. They actually look red today, i guess cuz they're dryin' out like my skin. And talk about dandruff!!!! Its like a blizzard up there!! and really itchy too! My nose feels dry inside too. My hands are redish around my knuckles too from them being dry, and moisturizer stings when i put it on. Ouch! I also had a headache again today. And that pretty much sums up my side effects.

So i'd say my experience with Tane has been okay so far. But i know i got alot to look forward to!

~Lafasta~

I think I'm having a similar experience to you. I'm on Day 19 after just having upped my dose to 50mg four days ago, and I haven't had a single pimple in almost three weeks. Not a *single* pimple has sprouted since going on tane. It's kind of weird actually. My face is like matte and perfect as well. I still have lots of little blackheads and little clogged pores but you can't see them. I only know they're there by stretching my skin out.

I too am waiting for the initial breakout. But accutane has already given me a taste of what my skin COULD look like. I feel so pretty. :) I hope these few weeks of clear skin are enough for me to get through the initial easily whenever it does come (if it does), because I know what kind of skin is waiting on the other side!

I think I'm having a similar experience to you. I'm on Day 19 after just having upped my dose to 50mg four days ago, and I haven't had a single pimple in almost three weeks. Not a *single* pimple has sprouted since going on tane. It's kind of weird actually. My face is like matte and perfect as well. I still have lots of little blackheads and little clogged pores but you can't see them. I only know they're there by stretching my skin out.

I too am waiting for the initial breakout. But accutane has already given me a taste of what my skin COULD look like. I feel so pretty. :) I hope these few weeks of clear skin are enough for me to get through the initial easily whenever it does come (if it does), because I know what kind of skin is waiting on the other side!

WOW! You sound just like me! Maybe we're 2 of the few lucky ones who won't get the dreaded initial breakout. I know what you mean tho when you say you feel pretty, cuz i actually do for once in my life. I feel like i have so much more self esteem now. Tane cleared my acne so fast, i pray that it keeps it that way for good! Keep in touch cuz it's nice to kno there's someone else out there who is goin' thru the same experience as me.

Good Luck on you course,

~Lafasta~

DAY 20

No real change since last time i posted. I still have no active acne but the problem now is all the clogged pores and black heads. My chin and nose are covered in them!! I can see them starting to stick out of my pores and I wanna just scratch them off. I tried squeezing one on my nose and i ended up scraping off a big piece of dry skin and now i know its gonna leave a yucky scab there. Thats what i get for picking at them. My skin is still getting drier too. Its actually the worst on my scalp. Its sooo ichy and dry. I have really bad dandruff right now its embarrasing! I guess i can't really put moisturizer on my head so i'm just gonna have to live with it for now. Other than that tho everything is pretty good. I'm still waiting for the initial break out to come, i hope it comes sooner than later cuz i want it to be over with!!

~Lafasta~

DAY 31

Well, it's officially been 1 month on tane!!! I can't belive it. The last 31 days have been....FANTASTIC!!! I've only gotten maybe 3 new pimples since i've started tane, not counting the cysts on the 1st couple days. I couldn't be happier right now. Tane has change my life completely in such a short time. I wish i did this a long time ago!

My skin is still pretty dry and so are my lips, but other than that i really cant complain. All i can say is anyone out there thinkin about taking accutane...DEFINATELY give it a try. I was scared to death when i first started but now i'm so thankful that i didn't wimp out!

~Lafasta~

congratulations :)

I've heard more success stories like these, clearing up withing the first month. Most stories tell about clearing up in the 2nd or 3rd month, or even later, or not at all, so consider yourself lucky!:)

happy newyear btw.

DAY 46

Wow, the time is sure flyin' by. I can't believe i'm on day 46 already. Nothing much has changed since my last post. I'm still clear and Loving it!!! My skin isn't as dry as it was when i first started, but then i am only on 20mg a day still. I'm still worried about how low my dose is tho. I haven't heard of anyone with such a low dose for their entire course. My derm still isn't showing any signs of uping my dose. I am clear tho, so i guess i shouldn't worry. I'd just die if it all came back when i'm done tho. So i'm just gonna hope for the best and i'll keep up my progress in here.

~Lafasta~